POST QUESTIONS IN HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skullcandy Girl said:
That sort of answers it, it seems the pepkura armor, even after some resin and fiberglass is more like a shell, I was wondering what people would/have used to make it thicker. I'm not looking to do any stunt stuff in it, I guess it's more for visual aesthetics.
ah, i know what you mean. ide say a bita aposlstry foam in certin places will make it hold to you better n stop it shakin around. as for the gaps at the edges.... em... im not sure. im using my bike armour for the under suit and its bulky enough so i hadnt thought about it too much

Last edited by a moderator:
flying_squirl said:
ah, i know what you mean. ide say a bita aposlstry foam in certin places will make it hold to you better n stop it shakin around. as for the gaps at the edges.... em... im not sure. im using my bike armour for the under suit and its bulky enough so i hadnt thought about it too much

Okie doke, shanks FS :D

I've already put a couple of coats of resin on the stuff I have made so far. I can see the advantages of using the foam, giving you a more snug fit and bulking up the feel of the armor. My concern would be taking all the time to whittle down the foam to get the pieces to where they would fit again. Maybe it's a lot easier than I am imagining.

Greg

SH_Jack said:
Did you set it to A4 under Paper and Print Configuration in Pepakura Designer?
No, I set it to letter, is it because I was testing on normal print paper instead of cardstock?

Greg said:
The actual name of the item that you are describing is "wiring loom". You should be able to find it virtually anywhere, or the easiest place would be Radio Shack.
Thanks for the clarification.

What about the nose piece? What do I make that out of?

By the way, I used expanding foam for my shoes. I made the pepakura shoes to fit around an old pair of high top shoes. I then resin coated the inside and outside of the pep shoes and glued my shoes inside and used the foam to fill the gaps. It was pretty cool until I realized the stuff is like glue and it got stuck in places that I didn't want covered. I used a pumpkin carving set from Halo-ween to carve out the excess foam. It's pretty easy to trim. I didn't use any on the rest of my armor though, I think that's what a good under suit is for (which I don't have the cash to buy). I also used the foam to fill the brim of the helmet, except I put fiberclass cloth on the inside so the foam wouldn't warp the brim. I was going to use the foam to fill the helmet, but thought it would be easier to just buy a motorcycle helmet liner.

lol I'm posting a question in my own question thread ^^. I'm not sure if he's in here but some guy made a full C.Q.B. suit, resined and fiberlgassed it but didn't use bondo. He painted it and drew on the details with a marker, and I'm pretty sure the suit was mostly white. The thing look pimpin' considering he didn't use any bondo or other fancy stuffs. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this guy, if you have, post a link to the pics please.

Is someone here able to personally help me with making my helmet (Mark VI) Verbally, or a tut in message) thank you!

MS me!

HELP!!!
I'm going crazy here!! First, i did my pepakura odst helmet, cut and pasted everything together, THEN i found out it was too small(It was size 27)!
So...i did it again using size 32. Cut and pasted everything and now it looks TOO BIG!!!!! My sis says its alright, my bro says i look like a monster, I don't know if i'll look short because i can't really see my neck..oh my gawd...i see your helmets and they look perfect, just the right size. Should i re-do the whole thing??!!!
---btw i wear spectacles

lol I'm posting a question in my own question thread ^^. I'm not sure if he's in here but some guy made a full C.Q.B. suit, resined and fiberlgassed it but didn't use bondo. He painted it and drew on the details with a marker, and I'm pretty sure the suit was mostly white. The thing looked pimpin' considering he didn't use any bondo or other fancy stuffs. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this guy, if you have, post a link to the pics please.

-BUMP-

Could someone answer my Q please. ^^

Updated first post.

As you can see from this picture
DSC01514.jpg
i had a little bit of trouble with fiberglassing, now am i screwed?Must i restart the whole helmet or can i do somthing to revive this helmet, here is a few more pictures I took if you need any more to assess the damage:
DSC01515.jpg
AND
DSC01516.jpg

i need to scale this stuff, i am somewhere around 5'7 and 5'11 and i do not understand how to scale the entire suite. i have the helm made but i dont want to remake it so im building the rest of the suite. im having a crazy aount of time trying to scale and i want all the pieces to be right, not just like a calf thats bigger then the thigh or something. I was wondering if the pep fils are already scaled to fit someone my size, to help u guys out ill give u the origional peice sizes
torso is 43.6 cm tall and is 26.721636 to scale
cod peice is 28.9cm tall and 19.157869 to scale
l or R bicep is 19.7 cm tall and 19.157869 to scale
L or R calf is 39.2cm tall and 19.157869 to scale
L or R foot is 17.3cm tall and 19.157860 to scale
L or R forearm is 19.9cm tall and 19.157869 to scale
gauntlet is 10.3cm tall and 19.157869 to scale

please pm me the reply to this post becuase it will take forever tofind it and i dont want to track it down
-thnx

ÐEADLY™ said:
please pm me the reply to this post becuase it will take forever tofind it and i dont want to track it down
-thnx

Nothing is ever that easy, but it's easier than any other option. Look at the bleeding first post and find the question "How do I scale my armour?"

Ok not to be nuisance and not to ignore what response i got i was just wondering based on my above pictures if i had anything anyone can think of to fix this. I broke some of the huge bubbly areas in half and glued them ddown then re resined it but i think it looks like complete crap. i really dont want to have to start over but i just want 1 more opnion before i do.

Here's a question about the MC Thigh armor... the pep models only cover the green part of the armor (spans the entire length of the thigh on the outside, but only a small section of the bottom on the inside). However, upon looking at some reference pictures, you can see that the thigh pieces have a black pleated-looking section on the inside that spans the entire length of the thigh. Has anyone attempted to re-create this? If so, how'd you go about it, and how'd it come out looking when you were done?

I've actually thought about doing this as well. I wouldn't think that it would be very hard and there shouldn't be an issue when putting the pieces on. Shouldn't this pattern/texture be part of the extracted model? I'd like to see someone add those sections to the inner thigh areas as well. Heck, if I can get the extracted model, I might try it myself.

Not sure my understanding of pepakura is accurate, but by inputting that number you get with a helmet in for, say, a chest piece, doesn't it make the chest piece the same height as the helmet?

I'm thinking I need to do individual scaling for a chest piece in Halo 2, then use THAT number for a chest piece in Halo 3, and do the same with bicep and all that. Dunno though, confirmation would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back