POST QUESTIONS IN HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would temporarily tape the visor to the helmet, having the visor inside, then use a sharpie marker to trace the visor shape onto the actual visor, then use your dremel to cut slightly away from the design you drew on the helmet, make it slightly larger than what you drew, then after that, just hot glue or caulk the visor on.

Yeah... I have a few questions:

1. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
2. Do you know the muffin man?

Please answer these. They are very important information to me. Thanks

use black silicone or hot glue.
and yes you'll have to cut some from the sides so they don't stab at your temples.
some bending will be involved, but not anywhere close to snapping the face shield.

What are some good ways to accelerate resin drying? I used the proper amount of hardener, but the resin refuses to dry even after 12 hours. It's still tacky.

Edit: NVM I found out what's going on. You may want to add this to the first post to help other people. If anyone else has problems with the fiberglass resin curing and/or changing colors, look at what you're mixing in. I was using a brown butter bowl and my resin turned green and would not cure. I switched to a steel pie pain and viola, it worked beautifully. Same resin to harden ratio, same temp, everything, just a different container.

Friendly said:
Yeah... I have a few questions:

1. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
2. Do you know the muffin man?

Please answer these. They are very important information to me. Thanks

LMAO :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on this forum almost 12/7. If you have a question please post it in here so that I can compile all the questions and make it easy for people to access them.

Shadow_Killer801 said:
Some of my pieces don't have numbers. What do I do?
if you're using slyfo's models, the ones that don't have numbers probably won't be needed. i ended up with double layers in some places (like the helmet faceshield, and a little part from the back)

cys920622 said:
if you're using slyfo's models, the ones that don't have numbers probably won't be needed. i ended up with double layers in some places (like the helmet faceshield, and a little part from the back)

I'm using Shadow Sniper's ODST

oh. well then if you go into the pep program, you might see red thick lines. sometimes this indicates that there's a faulty connection and you're going to have to use tape...
hope it helps.

So i'm looking into starting to make a suit of armor, not for this year, seeing as haloween is 16 days away, and i've got school work, i dont have enough time. The pepakura armor looks intriguing and like it's the simplest to make and gives a pretty decent base from which you can add details.
My question is how big of a time and money investment would i be getting into if i were to start making a suit and go all out, from fiberglassing the pieces (which looks like a must to me) to bondo/polyester resining the surfaces to smooth them out and painting/detailing and then strapping to actually wear the suit.
I've done lots and lots of fiberglassing and bondo work, but on a much larger scale. Hopefully (knock on wood) i'll be able to make it and you all will be seeing a lot of me around these forums.

I've got a couple questions:

1. I just finished resining my helmet. Should I do another coat before I start fibreglassing?
2. Should I resin the INSIDE of the helmet?
3. Should I fibreglass the INSIDE of the helmet?
4. When is the best time to cut out the paper visor and implant my HJC Replacement Visor?
5. To add detailing, should I be completely done/dry all coats of resin/fibreglass, place the cardboard on, then use Bondo?

Thanks.

- bLiNdz0r

cys920622 said:
oh. well then if you go into the pep program, you might see red thick lines. sometimes this indicates that there's a faulty connection and you're going to have to use tape...
hope it helps.

Oh, ok thanks that was what I was doing anyway, was just wondering.

Thanks

EDIT

Will just taping it make the helmet go off by angles or should it be the same?

bLiNdz0r said:
I've got a couple questions:

1. I just finished resining my helmet. Should I do another coat before I start fibreglassing?
2. Should I resin the INSIDE of the helmet?
3. Should I fibreglass the INSIDE of the helmet?
4. When is the best time to cut out the paper visor and implant my HJC Replacement Visor?
5. To add detailing, should I be completely done/dry all coats of resin/fibreglass, place the cardboard on, then use Bondo?

Thanks.

- bLiNdz0r
1. It depends, your talking about the outside right? If so, its an option to resin another time if you want it to be durable, I dont think you should fiberglass the outside unless your gonna put Bondo over it. But you really only need one layer of fiberglass I have one in the inside only
2. Yes.
3. Yes. For the inside of the helmet, put it in this order, resin > fiberglass > Resin the Fiberglass.
4. Should be one of the last steps. Like after you painted the helmet.
5. Not really necessary but I actually use the strategy but I really see no difference when I have it on or don't have it on.

Hope this helps

Anyone have any recommendations on were to start with Pep armor. I started with the helmet and have found it quite daunting and was just wondering if anyone had any tips to make an easier start.

neopezz said:
Anyone have any recommendations on were to start with Pep armor. I started with the helmet and have found it quite daunting and was just wondering if anyone had any tips to make an easier start.
i suggest the foot its pretty easy took me like 1 or 2 hours the first time so its a easy starting point i suggest making the helmet near the end.

s-meister said:
In pep can you change the line colour on the pieces of paper?
No
yes you can,, right click on the 2d side the last option color edge, lets you make the fold lines to whatever color you want.

dannifood4less said:
yes you can,, right click on the 2d side the last option color edge, lets you make the fold lines to whatever color you want.

Tyvm for pointing that out^^.

imMonkeyGOD said:
1. It depends, your talking about the outside right? If so, its an option to resin another time if you want it to be durable, I dont think you should fiberglass the outside unless your gonna put Bondo over it. But you really only need one layer of fiberglass I have one in the inside only
2. Yes.
3. Yes. For the inside of the helmet, put it in this order, resin > fiberglass > Resin the Fiberglass.
4. Should be one of the last steps. Like after you painted the helmet.
5. Not really necessary but I actually use the strategy but I really see no difference when I have it on or don't have it on.

Hope this helps

I have a question for that.

Do you put the fiberglass cloth on while the resin is hardening or when it's done? And I'm talking about the inside of the helmet.

How much resin & fiberglass would one need for a full suit? I realize this varies on size so I'd appreciate if you included your height and build when answering. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back