POST QUESTIONS IN HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stretch919 said:
Here's a question about the MC Thigh armor... the pep models only cover the green part of the armor (spans the entire length of the thigh on the outside, but only a small section of the bottom on the inside). However, upon looking at some reference pictures, you can see that the thigh pieces have a black pleated-looking section on the inside that spans the entire length of the thigh. Has anyone attempted to re-create this? If so, how'd you go about it, and how'd it come out looking when you were done?

the black part isn't actually armor, its part of the undersuit. if you make it as plastic armor, then it will be wierd to wear and just kinda uncomfortable. I'm attempting to make an undersuit using a molded full mannequin of the person I'm making it for. There will be more posts as I figure everything out.
Also, you can go to the fabric or craft store like JoAnnes or Micheals and buy craft foam for it, and just cut and shape it to what you want it to look like, then hot glue it to the inside of the thigh. That will fix the sound of your thighs scraping together, and it will be easier to make instead of plastic.

Ok, so I'm editing so I don't have to double post. When people talk about bondo and resin, are they interchangeable, or is bondo the bondo body filler, and resin just what it is? Also, how do you avoid lots of the unsightly bubbles that the other guy got? Is it just because he went too fast, or did his resin harden on him or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nomadic Spoon said:
Not sure my understanding of pepakura is accurate, but by inputting that number you get with a helmet in for, say, a chest piece, doesn't it make the chest piece the same height as the helmet?

I'm thinking I need to do individual scaling for a chest piece in Halo 2, then use THAT number for a chest piece in Halo 3, and do the same with bicep and all that. Dunno though, confirmation would be appreciated.

Exactly right my friend. You have to scale each individual piece.

And Stretch, are you talking about this piece? Because it IS actually a part of the armour not the underarmour.

Check it out: http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/s.../ThighPiece.jpg

Ok heres a question for you.....
For the Ammo counter of the MA5C Halo 3 Assault rifle, what supplies do I need, and how do I make a ammo counter that glows "32"?
It would be nice if it was going down with a trigger holding, but thats not really needed.

CemreTas said:
Ok heres a question for you.....
For the Ammo counter of the MA5C Halo 3 Assault rifle, what supplies do I need, and how do I make a ammo counter that glows "32"?
It would be nice if it was going down with a trigger holding, but thats not really needed.

1. LED kit with batteries of course. (White glows the brightest, that's why you need a blue tinted piece of plastic.)
2. A piece of blue tinted plastic, to use as the screen.
3. There's a lot of ways to stick the numbers on it you could draw them on or use stickers, or you could use your imagination to think of other things ^^.

where can i find i fourm on how to do my helm? ive assembeled it and ive added 2 layers of resin. now i need to know when to sand, when to add another layer, and what all to do. please help

cheech92007 said:
where can i find i fourm on how to do my helm? ive assembeled it and ive added 2 layers of resin. now i need to know when to sand, when to add another layer, and what all to do. please help

First post, look under Fiberglass, Resin, Bondo, and painting questions then under When and how do I fiberglass/resin/Bondo my armour?

How do you get a good 3d look and good shape on all arms,legs with cardboard? any cardboard referance pics? I have done all of my stuff by following another pic. It needs to have lines and ridges for use with Adams paint job

cheech92007 said:
what is everything you know about turning pep pieces into molds?

Absolutly nothing. Ask Spase, he's the best person to talk to at the moment. If you haven't seen his helmets I seriously suggest you do, because they are AMAZING.

I've done two coats of resin on the outside of the helmet, and I havent fiberglassed the inside yet. Should I glass the inside first, or add more layers of resin? How many layers of resin would you recommend?

tsau-mia said:
I've done two coats of resin on the outside of the helmet, and I havent fiberglassed the inside yet. Should I glass the inside first, or add more layers of resin? How many layers of resin would you recommend?

When and how do I fiberglass/resin/Bondo my armour?
1. Apply 1-2 coat of resin on the inside and outside to seal the edges. Wait 30min.
2. Spray the inside with adhesive spray glue.
3. Immediately apply 1 coat of cut-up, un-resined strips of fiberglass to the inside ONLY.
4. Cover the layer of fiberglass with resin.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until it's hard enough for you.
6. Apply another layer of resin over the fiberglass to seal it together.
7. Apply Bondo after the resin and fiberglass have completely dried.
8. After the Bondo has completely dried, sand it with 100 grit sandpaper.
9. Paint it.

I've been searching around here for a quick guide to the best colors of green to use for the MC armor. I can't find one so if there is, a quick link will suffice. Thanks!

Thanks for puting up this post. I assembled a PEP torso. It is the more detailed one and the name of the individual who made this escapes me but thanks! Any way, it is separated into 2 pieces, front and rear so that you can fit it over your head and torso. I am putting the 2 halves and glassing them as 1 piece. What would the best way to attach these peices after I cut them?

Thanks!

mgrmax said:
Thanks for puting up this post. I assembled a PEP torso. It is the more detailed one and the name of the individual who made this escapes me but thanks! Any way, it is separated into 2 pieces, front and rear so that you can fit it over your head and torso. I am putting the 2 halves and glassing them as 1 piece. What would the best way to attach these peices after I cut them?

Thanks!

First off, thanks for bumping this thing up ^^.

A lot of people suggest clips/buckles. It's pretty basic, attach the male end to one part and the female to the other ;D. I haven't made my torso yet so I can't say from personal experience what the best method is.

Here's were to attach them
Front: http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/s...tMarksFront.jpg
Side: http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/s...ntMarksSide.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back