Post your mechanisms for opening Iron-Man faceplate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuildsByBaz

Sr Member
1. Did you make or buy it?
2. What is it made of?
3. How do you activate it?
4. What powers it?
5. How much room does it take up inside the helmet?
6. How strong is it?
7. Post a picture/link to video of it working.

Nice technique at trying to get the ironman visor secrets :p

Good luck man,
Tom.

I'm using this mechanism method, without the motors first tho.

I'll be hot-gluing a few magnets under the chin part and on the faceplate to keep the faceplate in place, and be doing the same technique for the helmet's backplate as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's just basic servo's with hinges really. You can buy them for cheap on Rc plane sites.

Oh btw I was joking before about it being a secret. You know Stark he's not one to hide :)
When I learn how it's done I will be telling as many people as I can cause it is annoying how many people have done it and not released the full info. I know it's not the easiest of things to explain but I am sure they could tell us more than they are.
I just need to convince some one at my local Uni to give me a hand. Shouldn't be to difficult cause who would pass up the opportunity to say they helped make Iron man :p Maybe the prize for the one that does will be a cast of the helmet.

Hopefully I will have enough money in a week or so to get the last of the silicon I need and get mine cast. Then I will make the hinges with a full tutorial on how with lots of pics. Then the student hunt begins for servo programming.

Tom.

Hi, Maybe it can serve this...

Here's another one for you :)

Tried real hard to find the build on RPF for you that showed detailed pics of a really nice method for visor and jaw opening set up but can't find it now. If I come across it again I will post the link for you.

Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back