Prepare To Drop - Halo 3 Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I think we've established that some people don't like the title. They can say whatever they feel like it, now drop it.

Let's move on now k?

Enrisan said:
ok I think we've established that some people don't like the title. They can say whatever they feel like it, now drop it.

Let's move on now k?

Yes, it doesn't matter what the game title is. It's HOW the game is PLAYED.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played console games since the Atari (actually my first console simply played Pong). You can't always judge a game by the title. It's all about how much you enjoy the game. Zork (a text based game) was great because it made you think. As the old saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover." If you have doubts about this, rent it first. I for one, will order as soon as someone has it available.

Halo 3 ODST, sounds more catchy. Plus I think it looks good so far, but can't rate it until I see new content.

tlither said:
I've played console games since the Atari (actually my first console simply played Pong). You can't always judge a game by the title. It's all about how much you enjoy the game. Zork (a text based game) was great because it made you think. As the old saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover." If you have doubts about this, rent it first. I for one, will order as soon as someone has it available.
Of course. I don't care what it's called, I'm still buying it. I don't think anyone that said they didn't like the title really meant anything by it, including me. I was just stating the title change wasn't so appealing, it wasn't to put down Bungie or the game. I just don't think everyone needed to jump on others over an opinion, that's all.

I hate the new visor color. I am 110% sure they could have kept the dark, blue-green color. It just looked better than the newer one that will be used, in my opinion.

A night-based campaign will be fun, though. I always loved games based in the middle of the night, mainly because of low-light environments and their coolness.

tlither said:
Zork (a text based game) was great because it made you think. As the old saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover." If you have doubts about this, rent it first. I for one, will order as soon as someone has it available.
Haha! Zork and pals.... if anyone knows what thats from you get an E-cookie.

who cares what the name is... personally i think changing the name sort of shows that they weren't really 100% on the title when they announced it. They should have given it more consideration before the announcement.

We also now have some confirmation on the OSDT underarmour, from Bungie themselves:
The most obvious specialized gear for the ODSTs is their iconic black and blue helmets and their distinctive grey and black camouflage BDUs/armor.

p0rtalman said:
Haha! Zork and pals.... if anyone knows what thats from you get an E-cookie.

who cares what the name is... personally i think changing the name sort of shows that they weren't really 100% on the title when they announced it and they should have given it more consideration.

We also now have some confirmation on the OSDT underarmour, from Bungie themselves:
A caveat, though. BDU does stand for "Battle Dress Uniform," so it can conceivably mean anything designed to be worn in battle. I wouldn't take it to mean the the ODST's are wearing the current style fatigues under their armor. Just a thought.

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
A caveat, though. BDU does stand for "Battle Dress Uniform," so it can conceivably mean anything designed to be worn in battle. I wouldn't take it to mean the the ODST's are wearing the current style fatigues under their armor. Just a thought.
ahhh, that makes some more sense.
Although i would assume that Bungie wouldn't have changed the design very much... Can anyone tell from the screenshots we have so far?

I'd go with a black jumpsuit for an ODST undersuit, personally. It'd also give you places to attach armor pieces to. You could also integrate some padding into the jumpsuit to fill out the armor and make everything more comfortable.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I hate the new visor color. I am 110% sure they could have kept the dark, blue-green color. It just looked better than the newer one that will be used, in my opinion.

A night-based campaign will be fun, though. I always loved games based in the middle of the night, mainly because of low-light environments and their coolness.
I'm pretty sure the visor's the same. It may just be the lighting.

p0rtalman said:
I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like the SMG to me, even if it was modified a fair bit.
My thinking is that its a new gun for troops that need firepower and stealth elements, sort of a BR/SMG combo. It could even be a stripped down and modified BR, like the striped down AR used in ghosts of onyx (i cant remember the exact name)

After some more discussion and comparing screenshots with a friend, i can say for nearly certain that it IS an SMG, just heavily modified.
itès called the MA5K in halo ghosts of onyx. the MA5K looks more like a FAMAS rifle if that is it on the cover of the book
final_onyx_cover.jpg

IMPORTANT***THE TITLE FOR THE EXPANSION IS NO LONGER HALO 3: RECON. IT IS NOW HALO 3: ODST.

Just thought it was important enough to tell you guys. :D

Gearsofhalo said:
IMPORTANT***THE TITLE FOR THE EXPANSION IS NO LONGER HALO 3: RECON. IT IS NOW HALO 3: ODST.

Just thought it was important enough to tell you guys. :D

Wow... You're like... 2 or 3 weeks late?

Gearsofhalo said:
Well it was not said on here! The title of the thread said recon this morning!
this was announced like last month. thats why you have to read the thread.

Gearsofhalo said:
Well it was not said on here! The title of the thread said recon this morning!
congratulations for not even reading the top of the page of this thread. congrats

Welcome to the Internets. Want some lol to go with that fail?

But, in terms of actual content: the most recent b.net update spoke of 'hub' areas' - I'm beginning to get a little worried this might play like Sonic Adventure, with an 'Adventure Field' and offshoots to 'stages' - it's a break from linear gameplay, to be sure, but... not sure if want.

can you all stop ragging on me. I was just trying to be helpful. I do not deserve to be made to feel embarrassed, for an attempt at being helpful to someone who didn't want it. It was not failure as previously stated by crucible. I do not appreciate your guys being so mean to me.

Gearsofhalo said:
can you all stop ragging on me. I was just trying to be helpful. I do not deserve to be made to feel embarrassed, for an attempt at being helpful to someone who didn't want it. It was not failure as previously stated by crucible. I do not appreciate your guys being so mean to me.

This wasn't news to anyone who was keeping up with this thread. Just accept that and move on, rather than complaining about it. They didn't start teasing you until you started protesting that it hadn't been said on here.

In fact it WAS already stated on here, and there's almost a page worth of commentary discussing how some people don't like the name, including posts found at the top of this same page you started all this with.

Page 8 of this thread, post #160 was where it started:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?s=&s...st&p=240000

Take a breather, and read the posts before you post again. ESPECIALLY if you're going to complain that something wasn't stated, when, simply put, you obviously didn't know if it was stated or not. In a nutshell? Quit it.

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, but you're being pretty rude in ignoring stuff on a thread before joining it with newsflashes and protests. You also had to report the thread to mods?

All I can say is everyone quit discussing Gears of Halo's mistake and keep going with the regular discussion, he's sorry he posted, I'm sure.

Gears, if you follow the general internet etiquette rules, you won't need to grow a thicker skin, but one or the two needs to happen quickly please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back