Prepare To Drop - Halo 3 Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImaGonnaGetYou said:
This is the last Halo project Bungie is making besides the Mythic maps, so the Mythic Map Pack will be the last DLC maps for Halo 3/Recon.

Also, it is the same engine as Halo 3, so that it can support the Mythic maps. The engine is completely unchanged, unless they are literally making the maps twice from the ground up, which would be completely useless.
Recon will feature the same technology as Halo 3, no big changes.

Also, where did you hear this is Bungie's last Halo project? I highly doubt they would stop at Mythic with the DLC, and I'm sure there's another Halo game in the works. They have at least 2 other ongoing projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enrisan said:
Recon will feature the same technology as Halo 3, no big changes.

Also, where did you hear this is Bungie's last Halo project? I highly doubt they would stop at Mythic with the DLC, and I'm sure there's another Halo game in the works. They have at least 2 other ongoing projects.

Nope, Halo 3:R is their last HALO Project. But that doesn't mean they don't have other game titles up their sleeves. It's just not more Halo for us from Bungie.

But we DO have Ensemble creating Halo Wars, and Peter Jackson's untitled Halo game. But those two aren't Bungie.

Dreadnought of Fury said:
An A.I. leading a new hero by having complete control of all monitors and cameras in the city...

Anyone see Eagle Eye yet? :p

exactly what i was thinking

As far as I recall, I think Bungie said that this was if for the Halo TRILOGY - this particular part of the story. They haven't said there won't be any other Halo games from them.

Hmmmmm...today's update say's they're making a better face. (not butter face).....

I hope that means they're fixing that ugly damn skin shader.

Didn't see this posted anywhere here yet, thought I'd add it to this Recon thread...

Full Article
The first details on Bungie's ambitious Halo 3 expansion Recon have finally emerged, detailing new equipment, more human characters and surprisingly, an open-world city.
The goal is to find and investigate the last known locations of your four ODST team mates, using the new 'Visual Mode', which as shown in the debut trailer highlights enemies an items with a hi-tech neon glow, to path your way though the moon-clad metropolis.

Once you reach one of the last-known waypoints of your four teammates you'll find a crime scene - such as a sniper rifle hanging from a street light - and enter a Lost-stlye flashback to earlier that day, where you'll control the squad member for an entire level.

Lots more in the link.

Crucible said:
Am i the only one who finds that wholesomely cheesy and unappealing?

Heh. I found this trailer to be AWESOME!!!! too bad i dont have a 360.............

Crucible said:
Am i the only one who finds that wholesomely cheesy and unappealing?

I think it could work... this is a different game, so it needs different gameplay.
I just hope it pans out.

Uh... no, I'm entitled to my opinion and I won't just shovel Bungie fayre down my piehole regardless of quality.

Reason for this?

Doesn't seem like a good concept to me. Sorry to all of those out there who like this concept, but a 'Saving Private ODST'-type Halo game doesn't seem like my funbag. Then again, it sounds innovative enough to work at least respectably, so I'm not going to point my finger and cry foul just yet.

No, not really. Saying the idea sounds unappealing, and slamming the entire game down for it, are two different things.

For example, take these:

"OK, the idea sounds bad, but it could work if implemented right."

and

"Oh, Christ. This game's going to suck pistachio because of this, it's a waste of time even buying it."

Which side do you think I'm on? The quiet skeptic, or the loudmouthed flamer?

I have my doubts as to how well this is going to be pulled off - that doesn't mean I think the game's going to be a flop because of it.

Halo 3: Recon will be good. At the very least. It's about time they added a new MAJOR game-play mechanic, even if it's only in campaign.

I think most of the graphical problems in H3 were just due to the fact that the engine and the game were being made simultaniously. Maybe the artists were constantly adjusting to the ever-changing UI and set up of the -Blam!- (unofficial name) engine. You may notice that in the game, the maps that shipped on the disc looked kind of crappy (Valhalla), but a lot of the DL content maps look simple beautiful(standoff). They've been working on H3:recon with an engine that isn't constantly updating/changing, so it SHOULD look slightly better than H3.

It already looks better:

halo_big.jpg

There's more detail, and it looks deep (like it's there, not just textured on), and the lighting looks better.

Assuming that's a real render, and not modified.

It looks in-game. They seem to have finally nailed the lighting. I hope they control that "ambient light reflection", it's outa control. Boxes and spartans just turning blue for no explainable reason...

Garland said:
It already looks better:

halo_big.jpg

There's more detail, and it looks deep (like it's there, not just textured on), and the lighting looks better.

Assuming that's a real render, and not modified.

I just felt my lower region move a little. :rolleyes

LINK

B.net said:
The upcoming Bungie project formerly known as "Halo 3 : Recon" will now be known as "Halo 3 : ODST."

If you recall, this is our recently announced stand-alone extension to Halo 3 that features an all new campaign played from the perspective of an ODST in the heart of a Covenant occupied New Mombasa. In addition to sleuthing around the city and piecing together the details surrounding your squad's whereabouts, the game will also include some new Halo 3 multiplayer content as well as one or two unrevealed surprises when it's released next Fall.

This new title is a more straightforward account of the experience that awaits and the role you will assume as you explore the streets of New Mombasa. But don't worry, you can still has Recon. (the armor that is, it's still tied to the Vidmaster achievements and will be accessible via the final retail release next Fall).

Follow the link for the rest of the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back