Progress On My New Set Of Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if you don't want to resize, you could make a seam along the inner portion of your gauntlet, and attach a piano hinge and then make a velcro insert on the other end of your gauntlet and make the gauntlet into two "halves" so that you can have the current gauntlet you have, but like the others said, you most likely want to resize.

darkesword2020 said:
Also, if you don't want to resize, you could make a seam along the inner portion of your gauntlet, and attach a piano hinge and then make a velcro insert on the other end of your gauntlet and make the gauntlet into two "halves" so that you can have the current gauntlet you have, but like the others said, you most likely want to resize.

Well I do want to resize it because in actuality it is too small. Its just not that small. I think one inch will do it though. Ill be back on Wednesday and ill be starting on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude,
that wasn't made with pepakura was it?
my mc torso ( just finished 5 minutes ago, seriously) looks nothing like that, and nowhere near as good.

darkforest said:
dude,
that wasn't made with pepakura was it?
my mc torso ( just finished 5 minutes ago, seriously) looks nothing like that, and nowhere near as good.

All of this is made with pep. Follow the previous pages and you can see the progress from start till now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for such a small update but ive been very busy with work and ive hardly had time to work on my armor but i did paint my hand plate and finished resining my chest piece. I just didnt add battle damage because I dont want to waist a brush on one plate so im going to wait till I paint my chest piece to do the hands.

100_0815.jpg

Very nice work, hopefuly soon I will have time to make a set of armor.
Not much time between trying to learn Pepakura and doing 3D glass models
in Cadkey for work.

Peace, Happiness, and long life to everyone

Wow its like im back from the dead. Well small update since my last one. My torso it half 1 layer fiberglass and cut in half. Ill be trying to finish the front half soon. I never knew getting a job would cut my progress so bad. But I have mostly reassembled a new forearm and I thought id try a size test with you guys.

100_0821.jpg

100_0823.jpg

Seems like I have a big hand or something. I still had to cut some away from the wrist to get my hand in there.

100_0822.jpg

Well I finally finished fiberglassing the front half of the chest and im going to start bondo tonight hopefully. I attached the straps using 60 sec epoxy then fiberglassing over that.

100_0834.jpg

100_0835.jpg

100_0836.jpg

Now I have a poll question for everyone. I did my first forearm and everyone said it was too small. I agreed and built another one. But now looking at it im starting to think I was right the first time. So heres some pics and ill see what you guys think. The first set is how it compares to my body and then how it compares to the scale of the rest of my armor so far. The pics are in order of smaller, bigger, smaller, bigger (if you cant see the scale difference)

100_0833.jpg

100_0832.jpg

100_0840.jpg

100_0838.jpg

It all looks really good. The smaller forearms look more correctly proportioned to your other armor (and your arm). That's my take.

I agree, the smaller one looks better proportioned to the rest of the armor. Also, the smaller version will most likely not get in your way or restrict your movement as much as the larger one.

Agreed, the smaller looks like the right proportion. I took a look at some reference shots yesterday to figure out what size to print my forearm at as well. I then measure (w/ my arm extended) from just above the elbow to the part of my wrist where it bends so I could still move around. I haven't got it built yet, but just for a little reference I'm 6ft and I printed it out at 26.7(or was it 27.6) assembled height.

I agree with the rest of you. Now I just have a problem. I just need to find out what I printed the smaller one at. I guess Ill just have to measure it and see if some number look familiar.

dude, you are great. right now, i wish i was you. i dont want to hurt anyones feeling, but i think your armor is the best pepakura armor out there as of now. but that comment is pending based on the finshed product, and paint job :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back