Project Cloverfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the movie twice now, and loved it both times. I think it's a very clever way to go about making a movie, JJ is a genious.

And I reallllly don't want to step into the middle of the argument in this thread, but I've seen it everywhere on the web and totally cannot understand it.

We've watched a movie for 1 hr 20 minutes about a giant monster or two tearing up NYC.
And the biggest debate going on about the film is what kind of camera is used... ? I just can't grasp how people can suspend disbelief enough to see a monster onscreen but not that a small handheld camera could be used throughout it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruze789 said:
I've seen the movie twice now, and loved it both times. I think it's a very clever way to go about making a movie, JJ is a genious.

And I reallllly don't want to step into the middle of the argument in this thread, but I've seen it everywhere on the web and totally cannot understand it.

We've watched a movie for 1 hr 20 minutes about a giant monster or two tearing up NYC.
And the biggest debate going on about the film is what kind of camera is used... ? I just can't grasp how people can suspend disbelief enough to see a monster onscreen but not that a small handheld camera could be used throughout it.

I see where your coming from but the point is is supposed to be as realistic as possible. The monster was believeable, so was everything else, its not a debate over wheather a camera was used or not, just what kind. (according to the movie)

Also magnum they used like 4 different camera throughout the movie.

Seriously, can't you guys find anything better to argue about?

Knock it off, now.

Either learn to get along with each other or avoid each other. I've had enough of listening to you bicker at each other and ruin good threads like this for no good reason.

Warning delivered.

Guess that means I shouldn't post my retort. Sorry Sean.

On another note, has anyone watched those videos at JamieandTeddy.com? This is about the same girl you saw at the party in the beginning laying on the coach sleeping, and her absentee boyfriend

23Magnum said:
On another note, has anyone watched those videos at JamieandTeddy.com?

I saw those, didn't see them till after I saw the movie though. Those lingering shots in the film made more sense after watching those vids.

Have you checked out this site? Cloverfield Clues
I didn't see the link posted anywhere in the 11 pages of this thread, so I don't think it was posted yet...
It's a ridiculously in-depth exploration of everything ever posted about Cloverfield, in blog format. It's more informative than the other site that was posted, and has links and breakdowns of every site, picture, and vid from the movie. Worth sifting through.

There was a link to that site in the link Sean posted and I had heard of it before, but I haven't taking the time to go there a look through everything yet. I did hear that it was like the biggest Cloverfield study site, like you said. Sometime when I have a free moment...afternoon...make that day, I'll get a chance to look through it all.

I think after she ate the 'evidence' she seems really hostile. I wonder if that is a side effect of that 'special ingredient'?

What'd you think?

Just wanted to show a pic I made of an issue that annoyed me.

Cloverfield.png

Can you think of any better thing to say?

To anyone who's interested,
Hasbro just released today some pics of its Cloverfield Monster toy.

**SPOILER, PICS OF CLOVERFIELD MONSTER IN LINK**
LINK

And it looks very cool.

Thanks for the heads up on this Ruze, I had nearly forgotten about the toy coming out..

Looks cool, might have to get one of these.

No prob, I'm definitely interested in getting one.

The preorder opened up today too, but it does require that you pay in full when you preorder it, total comes to $110.00, shipping date is listed as 9/30.

I'll have to wait a while to order mine, I've got more important things up at the moment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back