Project Freelancer: Agents Carolina and York [with photos]

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecadetjess

Hello everyone! With Dragon Con rapidly approaching, I figured I'd throw up a WIP thread for my boyfriend and I. Our goal is to be able to wear armor pieces to Dragon Con next week (hahaha, we're stupid. we're crazy. we're setting ourselves up for mental break downs. We know.). Custom suits, resin cast a.i.'s, and custom weapons will be for a convention at the end of September. We have all pieces but 3 pepped, fiberglassed and resin'd! Sadly we don't have very many pics of the portions where we've been working in our garage, since its just been me pulling many late nights over the past month to get everything done. So far I've logged about 3 60 hour weeks in the past month to get everything all done. Its our first set of armor sets so hopefully they don't turn out too horrid looking! I'll try to keep this thread updated as best I can over the next bit here to see where we get before the convention!
WIP album over at Imgur (So you don't have to scroll through multiple posts to see purdy pickshurs of us making derp faces.)

My helmet (2nd version)
DZeshWA.jpg
I had made this helmet once before but hated the sizing on it. I like this a lot better, although its still a little big for my taste, but because my head is giant and this is the smallest size it will fit in haha. Once I'm more experienced in pep work I'm thinking I'll have to go back and fix the scaling exclusively.

Some of my armor pieces
XtoO1ap.jpg
0Gmd0Wd.jpg
EDkFQqE.jpg
Boy does being a female but not doing 'female' armor suck. I had to extend pieces with custom inserts to fit over my giant butt, chest, and hips. But I guess the advantage is that I get to make smaller versions of things like bicep pieces haha.

Mike's (Boyfriend) stuff (we have less photos of his stuff because he does most of the work on the road)
6jqFMJ3.jpg
The curse of the giant heads. This was his fourth time making the helmet. haha.
88TMzeq.jpg

aCkZ3rQ.jpg
Visors came in from Jarfum.com (ordered them in gold mirrored). Super unhappy with them. Hoping that once they're installed in helmets, the lack of light behind them will make them NOT so light/see through. If not, we'll probably try some window tinting or other means to help them be more true to character, but they'll probably get re-ordered after Dragon Con.
qCrbqMy.jpg
Our garage 'workshop'. We found that laying a piece of metal/pvc across Mike's old work out equipment works great as a resining/curing rack!
0wwpgEU.jpg
Some pieces all resin'd! (No, that's not where my shoulder pieces are going to sit haha)

Under the armor
P0qjvic.jpg
York contact. Mike REALLY wanted a total white out lens, but short of having a custom sclera commissioned, we couldn't find a pair anywhere! If anyone has a lead on this please let us know! :D
7hhdN0u.jpg
Carolina contacts. Meh. I'm not really happy with these, but they give the effect I was looking for. Short of having FLOURESCENT eyeballs, my dark brown eyes with weird prescription make it hard to shop for contacts.

Thanks for checking out the thread! I'm back off to my garage workshop!

Attachments

• DZeshWA.jpg
    DZeshWA.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 177
  • XtoO1ap.jpg
    XtoO1ap.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 0Gmd0Wd.jpg
    0Gmd0Wd.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 162
  • EDkFQqE.jpg
    EDkFQqE.jpg