Project: Hayabusa Helmet... And A Little Somethin Else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started but it is ending up in alot of pieces.

busa.jpg

under 2d layer go to line style and tell it 150 instead of 175 and just unfold with the lines in the 3d model then you do the little touches on the 2d layer and thaks

i have printed out the pep and it seems pretty hard but might be alot of fun. also anyone who has the unfolded file need to add the flap numbers.

trust me its not too wide a went into the game and got some really good reference images

*edit

due to the fact of how hard this is going to be in its current state, I am going to seperate the crown from the rest of the helmet. I plan on making it look like links helmet so far. That would make it so easy to work with. I might even have this done tonight.

agbates said:
due to the fact of how hard this is going to be in its current state, I am going to seperate the crown from the rest of the helmet. I plan on making it look like links helmet so far. That would make it so easy to work with. I might even have this done tonight.
That's a very good idea, making it kinds "modular" in construction. Is it also possible to add a single support strut across the helmet/neck opening? I use the length of this strut to determine the helmet's scaling.

BTW. here's my unfold:

hayabusaunfolded.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I think I might be able to add a few suuport struts not to many because I think this model will mainly hold itself together. And now that Im seperating it it should be 1000x easier to fiberglass and bondo. getting in some of those cranies where the 2 met would have been a living nightmare.

The helmet looks great.

Crackhead - good job on the unfold.

Ral - Nice unfold. Crammed a lot into 15 pages.

Its freakishly awesome to see what you can produce in like a matter of a few days. Im very envious. I have SILO on my computer but thus far... dont know really how to use it. keep up the awesome work. i look forward to your future work!

LameSuace said:
Its freakishly awesome to see what you can produce in like a matter of a few days. Im very envious. I have SILO on my computer but thus far... dont know really how to use it. keep up the awesome work. i look forward to your future work!

Thanks, maybe now the mods will start to believe me about my bumblebee model and I can get my topic back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back