Project: Hayabusa Helmet... And A Little Somethin Else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started out making it the original scale, Then it started looking to big. So then I droped the height down to 26.7
Im just about to finish the original scale. I post pictures of it when im done.

Edit: finished the original scale and it fits my head fine. (its the one on the right)
busa02.jpg

Crossfire said:
I started out making it the original scale, Then it started looking to big. So then I droped the height down to 26.7
Im just about to finish the original scale. I post pictures of it when im done.

Edit: finished the original scale and it fits my head fine. (its the one on the right)
busa02.jpg

When you say original scale you mean 32 cm right? Anyways amazing work! Your quick!

PS.

MY BUMBLEBEE TOPIC HAS BEEN REOPENED SO EVERYONE PLEASE COME BACK AND SEE AS I PROGRESS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya 32, Instead of messing with scale I just change the height also,
On the back neck guard you made a piece that creates an extra cavity
unneeded.jpg

I just left it off.

My gawd, that's an awesome-looking Hyabusa helmet! It's about time we got to see someone working on one of these, heh.

Personally, I've been waiting on someone to be able to do the Pep file proper-like so as to make it easier to fold and put together, but still have the right look to it. And, I think you guys nailed it. Damn nice work there.

I'd love to put one of these together mysef. Actually, make that two; a friend of mine wants one (and I told I'd make him one, once the proper resources were made available), and then one for me :D lol

SPARTAN II said:
My gawd, that's an awesome-looking Hyabusa helmet! It's about time we got to see someone working on one of these, heh.

Personally, I've been waiting on someone to be able to do the Pep file proper-like so as to make it easier to fold and put together, but still have the right look to it. And, I think you guys nailed it. Damn nice work there.

I'd love to put one of these together mysef. Actually, make that two; a friend of mine wants one (and I told I'd make him one, once the proper resources were made available), and then one for me :D lol

Yeah, I was going insane trying to wait for someone to come out with a hayabusa helmet, so I finally just decided what the heck, why not give it a go!

Ok you guys here's an update... I decided to start making the helmet myself. Heres what I got so far.

DSCF0893.jpg

As you can see I took a sharpie and made lines for anywhere that either had a hard edge or needed more detail. I did this to help me out as I get to the bondo and fiberglass stage.

I finished up agbates model of the hayabusa today. This is Ral's unfold.
Very nice job on this. I for one am grateful that this was made and uploaded for eveyone to have.

Thanks guys.

agbates said:
[...]

Yeah, I was going insane trying to wait for someone to come out with a hayabusa helmet, so I finally just decided what the heck, why not give it a go!

Indeed! And I'd say you were more than up to the task, dude. Many thanks for doing this. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it ;) heh

PSberetta said:
I finished up agbates model of the hayabusa today. This is Ral's unfold.
Very nice job on this. I for one am grateful that this was made and uploaded for eveyone to have.

Thanks guys.

You and me both! Just out of curiosity, where is this file available for download? In the HALO wiki? o_O

P.S., Not that it's of any relevance, but I just hit my 1,100th post! Woot! Nice, round number, lol.

SPARTAN II said:
Indeed! And I'd say you were more than up to the task, dude. Many thanks for doing this. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it ;) heh
You and me both! Just out of curiosity, where is this file available for download? In the HALO wiki? o_O

P.S., Not that it's of any relevance, but I just hit my 1,100th post! Woot! Nice, round number, lol.

Its kind of funny really. Every 3d project I used to start, I never could seem to finish. I recently, I got back in the Transformers groove and tried to give the bumblebee 09 camaro a try, and ever since then somehow it all seems almost easy to me. It used to be so tough for me to model anything in 3d let alone a hayabusa helmet! Its probably the most annoying helmet to model, and somehow very little of it troubled me. Its like I just woke up one day and could suddenly model great in 3d. lol.

Anyways the link is some where in this topic (I have no idea where at exactly though) I dunno, maybe we could see id we could get it posted on the wiki.

I've also been hearing alot about how people plan to do the spikes. My plan is just to simply fill them with foam (just like skip) and then fidberglass over it leaving a smooth rounded inside.

I know a few people have already unfolded the helmet but I unfolded it as well. If you would like to look at it here it is.

<a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/55971021/23801b1f/Agbates_-_Hayabusa_Helmet.html?dirPwdVerified=eb8071b2" target="_blank">
Agbates's Hayabusa Helmet
</a>

*** EDIT ***

All the different unfolds are now located in the first post so go check it out and enjoy!

Hey, well I was wondering how I would go about scaling this thing :p
I'm 14 and my helmets are usually scaled to 24-25cm, any suggestions on what scale I should use for this?
'cause if I were to scale it to 24-25cm, wouldn't that be from the top spike and not from the top of the helmet?
I want to get started on this! :p
Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(agbates @ Jul 20 2008, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>[...]

Anyways the link is some where in this topic (I have no idea where at exactly though) I dunno, maybe we could see id we could get it posted on the wiki.

I've also been hearing alot about how people plan to do the spikes. My plan is just to simply fill them with foam (just like skip) and then fidberglass over it leaving a smooth rounded inside.

I know a few people have already unfolded the helmet but I unfolded it as well. If you would like to look at it here it is.

<a href="http://www.4shared.com/file/55971021/23801b1f/Agbates_-_Hayabusa_Helmet.html?dirPwdVerified=eb8071b2" target="_blank">
Agbates's Hayabusa Helmet
</a>
*** EDIT ***

All the different unfolds are now located in the first post so go check it out and enjoy!</div>

Thanks for the link, dude! I'll be sure to get my hands on that, heh. I know my buddy here will be tickled pink to know he'll finally be getting his hands on a finished Hyabusa helm, lol. Anyway, keep the good work comin'! :D

B1ahh said:
Hey, well I was wondering how I would go about scaling this thing :p
I'm 14 and my helmets are usually scaled to 24-25cm, any suggestions on what scale I should use for this?
'cause if I were to scale it to 24-25cm, wouldn't that be from the top spike and not from the top of the helmet?
I want to get started on this! :p
Thanks

I would suggest 32 cm. So far that is all that has been used and everyone says it works great. For the most part, I really don't think you need to scale a helmet due to the fact that there is not that big of difference in head size usually.

Which unfold would you guys say is the smoothest? Or which unfold looks the best as a finished fold? Also who is the furthest in their helm so far?

wwslubs said:
Which unfold would you guys say is the smoothest?
You have to download all of them and decide for yourself. Even I don't know.

wwslubs said:
Or which unfold looks the best as a finished fold?
All of them are, when properly assembled. Since all the unfolds are based on one model, all of them should look the same. They only differ in their layout organization.

wwslubs said:
Also who is the furthest in their helm so far?
Read the last couple of pages of this thread.

agbates said:
I would suggest 32 cm. So far that is all that has been used and everyone says it works great. For the most part, I really don't think you need to scale a helmet due to the fact that there is not that big of difference in head size usually.

Okay, Thanks alot :D
Gonna get to printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back