Project: Hayabusa Helmet... And A Little Somethin Else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I can see for the pep would be the weight. But by the time you get done with it, a lightweight wooden one would weigh about the same. Thanks for the file anyway ag.

Someone has plagiarized our work here!

http://www.4shared.com/get/57661292/150cd4...n_Shepherd.html

This person just posted my unfold on 4shared.com and calling it his own. He just added colors but the layout is the same.

plagiarism.jpg

The one on the left is our work. The one on the right is by Cameron Shepherd who obviously copied our work and even hijacked our wiki and added his file!

EDIT: I have added agbates's file to the wiki to reflect who really created the original one.

Ral Partha said:
Someone has plagiarized our work here!

http://www.4shared.com/get/57661292/150cd4...n_Shepherd.html
This person just posted my unfold on 4shared.com and calling it his own. He just added colors but the layout is the same.

plagiarism.jpg

The one on the left is our work. The one on the right is by Cameron Shepherd who obviously copied our work and even hijacked our wiki and added his file!
EDIT: I have added agbates's file to the wiki to reflect who really created the original one.

Is cameron shepherd here at 405th? Oh how I'd like to have words with someone who plagiarized my 3d model and your unfold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Partha said:
I sure hope not. At any rate, I reported this to the 4shared.com people.

BTW, I put your unfold in the wiki. Is this alright with you?

http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pep_Index#Hayabusa

Sure! Don't leave yourself out though! You worked hard too! Try putting something like, "3d model by Agbates, Unfolded by Ral Partha."

Never forget to give yourself credit when you worked as hard as you did ok man.

Well, the usual practice, if I got it correctly, is that if the modeler also did the unfold then his version that goes on the wiki is his. Unless the site admin decides otherwise. Besides, only one unfold goes up there so if anything else, it has to be the modeler's. The 3D modeler gets the credit, not the unfolder.

agbates is the man, thats an awesome job.
wetokole's looks freaking sweet too.

AG even though you used your own unfold id still say its a freaking feat that you were able to finish it that well without numbers.

Ohhhhh...I feel for you Ral, also you as well agbates. All that work and then someone comes along rips your work and calls it there own. NOW DIDNT WE HAVE A DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS quite some time ago?? The best part is that the logo and credits where deleted but like a n00b ripper, he left the unfold the same...quite lame and hopefully it either gets taken off of 4shared or Cameron gets a ban.

UPDATE:

Good news, everyone! I received a note from 4shared.com this morning and the issue has been resolved. Here a portion of the note that they sent me:

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know. We have deactivated the link to the illegal file.

If you know any other illegal use of our service, please let us know. We will do the best
we can to remove the files as soon as possible.

We appreciate your desire to make our service better. Thank you!

Best regards,
****** (my edit)
support@4shared.com

Kudos to the 4shared.com staff. I didn't expect them to look into this this quickly and decisively but they did. And of course, thanks to the 405th community for your support.

The file is not up anymore. They must have taken it down last night.

If this Cameron person shows his face here, he will be met with the proper response. Best thing he can do right now is own up to what he did and apologize.

Elitekilla9 said:
Heya Cool Hyabusa :cool: i just started making paper things Thanks for teh file :D

Thanks!

Oh and I believe it was Tlither (Im not sure) that asked me not too long ago if he could post the file to the wiki and I told him that was ok, but I do not think that was him that claimed it as his own.

No it wasn't me. If I don't make it, I don't claim it. Life got in the way again so I hadn't gotten your busa onto the wiki yet. I will still convert at least one to A4 and put it up.

tlither said:
No it wasn't me. If I don't make it, I don't claim it. Life got in the way again so I hadn't gotten your busa onto the wiki yet. I will still convert at least one to A4 and put it up.

Sweet! I didn't think it was you but I thought maybe the version on there was converted for A4 or something and maybe it was you, but thats good to hear. I live in the US so I don't really use A4, but I know there are alot of people here that dont live in the old us so that would be a big help if you could fix it up for a4.

Ral's unfold is now in A4 for those who want it. Slight rearrangement of some pieces but basically the same. I'll add it to the wiki later.

Hayabusa

tlither said:
Ral's unfold is now in A4 for those who want it. Slight rearrangement of some pieces but basically the same. I'll add it to the wiki later.

Hayabusa
I hope you don't mind that I've edited the wiki and added your link. BTW, that Cameron Shepherd character is claiming credit again and messing with the wiki.

Ral Partha said:
I hope you don't mind that I've edited the wiki and added your link. BTW, that Cameron Shepherd character is claiming credit again and messing with the wiki.
Let'd Deadguy know about it. He might be able to prevent him for doing it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back