Project: Hayabusa Helmet... And A Little Somethin Else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Agbates, really good job, I'm so impressed. I have just downloaded Ral and Crackheads unfolds too so I'll give them a go.
I have been thinking about how to get the spines done easily. Could you basically pour resin into them and then slide long plastic strips down into them? I was thinking something like cable ties?
I'll give it a go anyway and see how it turns out :S
Thanks a lot for the awesome effort :)

so you are thinking about making a 2 part file right? one with the main "link" setup for the main sizing and the crown/spikes in a separate file which you can join during the fiberglass stage? if so that would be flippin awesome! i love this model already but man, that would make this file a piece of cake. because i usually set my helmets to a height of 27.5 and this doesn't work so well with that setup, but if you do it like that it will and then i can copy the scale and put it into the crest part right? dude can't wait to see the HD version. have a kitty

so... what level do you think this is? I downloaded crackheads and it looks not too tough. But I've been wrong :D

EDIT:
What do you mean by turning the numbers on?

I would say at its current stage pretty tough. But once I get the new seperated version done it will be so much easier. Sorry I haven't gotten it done yet, but Ive been really busy. Oh and as for everyone rushing out to do the current model, I seriously recomend you wait for my update unless you are extremely skilled.

this is awsome, great job. im gonna use it to make my ingame armor variant. it doesnt look that difficult, not once you've done a few weapons. excelent work.

Overlord_Ian said:
spartan 051, they were saying that this helmet was better, so i defended him
the only reason why i did the busa was to suck time from a long car ride. Mine still needs lots of work which i havent put much time into it since i got my smooth cast 300 and a almost finished fs mark 6 (should be done by tonight i hope)

I might go into the busa but smilie120 helped clean it up and all it needs is some tweaking

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry it is taking so long to finish the seperated version you guys. I have been really busy the past couple of days but I think Im free tomorrow so I might be able to finish.

Also a side note...

has anyone seen the Dark knight yet? I saw it today and was kind of dissapointed. The first was much better.

First off, I would like to say that i loved the way you made the 3d model. Making it piece by piece instead of one solid object really would help you unfold in pep. Second you made an easy and with great detail the hayabusa, that every one has been crying over that probably still wont do!!!! I applause you! (y)

WarHead9705 said:
First off, I would like to say that i loved the way you made the 3d model. Making it piece by piece instead of one solid object really would help you unfold in pep. Second you made an easy and with great detail the hayabusa, that every one has been crying over that probably still wont do!!!! I applause you! (y)

Thanks alot! It means alot when people say stuff like this! :D

Anyways, I am currently getting really annoyed right now trying to seperate the crown from the rest of the helmet. I dont know if I am going to be able to do it. I will give it a few more trys though.

Lol well darn. I should have waited. I'm getting close to finishing the cutting. 6 pages cutted out so far =P. I'm using Ral Parth's unfold.
No need to waste paper i'm just gonna finish this one. Great model btw.

baileyboys said:
Lol well darn. I should have waited. I'm getting close to finishing the cutting. 6 pages cutted out so far =P. I'm using Ral Parth's unfold.
No need to waste paper i'm just gonna finish this one. Great model btw.

Yeah I don't think Im gonna finish the two part one for a while so I also decided to start on making the helmet too. Also, anyone that is making the hayabusa helmet using my model, send me pics or links to topics you have with it. I really want to see how everyone elses is turning out.

Ive never heard of that program before. Anyways hows your helmet coming? I just started putting mine together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back