Project Mini Chief

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by PaiganBoi, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Would be funny if you had to scratch your nose at that point............I would pay money to see a picture of that.......well, not really....but it would still be funny to see.

PaiganBoi likes this.
  2. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

UPDATE :
    Four coats of paint later ( on armour and hands) the armour is painted a beautiful blue. Now to do a black wash ( which I have no idea how to do) and make it looked scratched up with some grey/silver.
    Now... Some one remind me which do I do first. Black wash or weather?
    20171021_231455.jpg

Dirtdives likes this.
  3. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

UPDATE :
    Started to weather the parts tonight. My first time doing a blackwash. Boy is it ever messy. My hands were just as black as the parts that I worked on. Managed to both arms and the space diaper.
    The pictures don't show the black very well because of the light above the table is causing a big glare.
    20171022_211610.jpg 20171022_221904.jpg 20171022_222014.jpg 20171022_222035.jpg

4. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Looking good I usually do my silver chipping and such first then the black wash. I think it blends the chipping effects a bit better. Ive been checking on your thread and missed the 5th page I suppose I would have chimed in on your other post

Jme, Dirtdives and PaiganBoi like this.
  5. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Trademark of TurboCharizard & Co?

PaiganBoi, Awesome work! That suit is looking amazing, man! Really coming together, looking crispy!

Can't wait to see that paint chipping done!

6. Jme

Jme

The black wash looks great!

Adam's painting tutorials on Youtube are good review for the black wash and highlights.

Here is the latest one:

Dirtdives and PaiganBoi like this.
  7. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

Ha, yeah pretty much. Just add it to the stupid quotable quotes pile.

I'm pretty sure that I asked Jme before but PaiganBoi can you adopt me? I'm in need of new Halo armour and I work pretty good as a painting and sanding goblin to earn my keep.

8. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

PaiganBoi nice start on weathering the suit........don't forget about chips and scrapes and the undercoat showing off and other tedious stuff to make it even more weathered.

Why would you want to be adopted?..........There are too many abandonment issues involved. And even if it you actually did want to.......THEM? Wow.......You Canadians and weird. You know what....stay over there and enjoy each others company.......Just made another donation to the wall fund....:D.

9. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

(psst Canadian Regiment, the plan is working, just keeping weird enough and we won't have to pay to build a wall to keep out the Southern neighbours.)

10. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

I guess I should start throwing some "take off eh?" "I know, eh" and then a "ya hoser" every once and a while.

Jme, mblackwell1002 and Dirtdives like this.
  11. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

just send 'er

12. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

See..........? Weird.....just plain weird.

Jme, PaiganBoi and TurboCharizard like this.
  13. Jme

Jme

Just give er and you'll get er done eh?

14. Jme

Jme

I'm sure I put in those papers, damn administration must have lost them.

15. Jme

Jme

HEY!

16. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

UPDATE :
    More weathering has been done. This time the chipping... Well more scratches. I may have gotten carried away but it now looks like a WELL used suit or armour. :D
    It pretty cool for my first crack at this. I think my art background is helping a bit... Even though it's in drawing, not painting.
    20171023_203456.jpg
    Here's a better pic. Where the light doesn't drown out the colours.
    20171023_210345.jpg

TurboCharizard, Dirtdives and Jme like this.
  17. Jme

Jme

Looks great!

Dirtdives likes this.
  18. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

UPDATE 2:
    Blackwash is completed. Messy messy messy. And here's the proof.
    20171023_221107.jpg

19. Spartan55

Spartan55

This build is amazing!!!!
    Mate I don't know what you blokes are doing over there. But fair $@&&$ dinkum can't all you Americans get along :)lol:if you didn't tell this is a joke)

mate you ain't seen nothing to you been to Australia

PaiganBoi and Dirtdives like this.
  20. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Oh you haven't seen anything of our banter yet Spartan55......keep following our bunch of misfits and you will get some real side hurting laughs out of it......

PaiganBoi likes this.
  21. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

Misfits? I mean, I don't really take offense to that. Being called an American however...

22. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Well, the comment is coming from an Australian............former Penal colony and all........so, take it w/ a grain of salt. ;). We're all foreigners to him......:D. And yes, we did know you were joking and we all love poking fun at each other........well, at least I do. Poke......poke.......poke......:rolleyes:

PaiganBoi likes this.
  23. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Bloody hell... stop derailing my thread. :cautious:
    My build is more important than all you crazy people. :p:p:p:p

mblackwell1002 and Dirtdives like this.
  24. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

I'm taking up mblackwell1002 slack of thread derailment since he hasn't done enough of that lately.....but you are correct. Back to the important stuff. In regards to paint/stain on your hands....wear latex gloves. It will keep your hands nice and clean. And just 2 observation: 1)The scrape marks look too symmetrical. You have a lot of the scuff marks located almost in the same place on the left pieces as you do on the right. Less intensity of paint on some but the location are the mirror image of each other. Try to randomize them a bit more. 2) The space diaper, the scuff marks look more like brush strokes than scuff marks. Don't get me wrong now.....everything looks FANTASTIC!!!.....just my 2 cents being thrown in.........How much is that in Canadian money?

PaiganBoi and TurboCharizard like this.
  25. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

In Canada it rounds to a nickel because we got rid of the useless penny. In other words, Canadian advice is more valuable.

Try using a beat up old toothbrush as a drybrush for scrapes on the edges, the uneven and misaligned bristles help break up the usual uniform pattern that chip brushes leave.

Dirtdives and PaiganBoi like this.