Pure's Realistic ODST Helmet Build! WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure

Jr Member
Yo.

I have been making armour in my spare time for a year or two now, thought it was finally about time to post. I am building an ODST helmet and trying to make it as realistic as possible. That includes a hella detailed paint job, lights, the whole shabang. I used jtm1997's low-def ODST file (link at the end) because I wanted to get straight to work on the resining and painting. Great file by the way, nice and simple. Rushed to finish it in an hour :p

EDIT: I guess I was too blinded by my awesomeness (did I really just say that?) that I didn't notice a few warps, my bad. Honestly. Version 2 coming soon, same file, just gonna take some time on it.

And apparently resin eats foam. *sigh I feel stupid. Any ideas on what other materials I could use. Too lazy to do wood working.

-Pure

Well here it is (Any warpage?..yes)
dscn4207c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had to add some detailing with some crappy foam.

Ignore the weird sweater and mom's camera, I think I got the scaling right.

So yeah, what do you all think? Am I the man with the sweetest helmet on the block or what? Probably not.

Keep you guys updated.

-Pure.

Oh yah link to the helmet thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...t-and-daft-punk-helmet-peps?highlight=jtm1997

Oh, and btw I know this looks really rushed. That's because it was. But the real details are going to come in when I add some bond and more foam detail pieces. Don't worry this helmet isn't close to being done. Maybe about 3% done.

-Pure.

amazing, just amazing, most people get wrong at the scaling of the helmets and armor. but this... perhaps your second try would come out perfect. and maybe paint it with different colors than the real one, you know what I mean?

anyways, it does needs details, but seems like a good start, tell me when its done.

amazing, just amazing, most people get wrong at the scaling of the helmets and armor. but this... perhaps your second try would come out perfect. and maybe paint it with different colors than the real one, you know what I mean?

anyways, it does needs details, but seems like a good start, tell me when its done.

Yeah the pep is pretty sloppy but it'll be fixed.

And this helmet is based off of my multiplayer spartan so the colors will be Yellow (Primary) and Dark grey/black (Secondary), with some weathering and a black visor.

Thanks for the comments!

-Pure.

Always glad to see more ODSTs! But if I may ask, if you want to due a highly game accurate helmet, then why use such a low def model? It just means more detail work in the end, but if you work better that way, more power to you. Can't wait to see it finish!

Always glad to see more ODSTs! But if I may ask, if you want to due a highly game accurate helmet, then why use such a low def model? It just means more detail work in the end, but if you work better that way, more power to you. Can't wait to see it finish!

I prefer scratch building the det's. I hate pepping with a passion, I just use it to get the basic shape down.

I prefer scratch building the det's. I hate pepping with a passion, I just use it to get the basic shape down.

Understandable, I'm peping ODST gauntlets now, and I want to claw my eyes out, there are so many small pieces.

Well, I wish you the best of luck in your build!

If you hate pepping the details on the helmet, you may already lose the accuracy of the helmet. And it is general knowledge that you cannot apply resin on foam. If you plan to scratch build the details, you need to use other materials other than foam.

Yea, it shows you rushed that something fierce. Honestly, can you look at that and not see a problem? No amount of bondo and paint is going to fix those warps.Take the time and do it right. A good solid detailed helmet takes a day or more to do with a good result.

If you want it game accurate ,like you said, your going to need a better file and acquire a liking for pep.

Yea, it shows you rushed that something fierce. Honestly, can you look at that and not see a problem? No amount of bondo and paint is going to fix those warps.Take the time and do it right. A good solid detailed helmet takes a day or more to do with a good result.

If you want it game accurate ,like you said, your going to need a better file and acquire a liking for pep.

Ah, I don't see it warped too bad. Just kidding.

I will probably re-do this, maybe tomorrow. I finished the first one in an hour (not including cutting), so I bet I can make a good one within a day.

Thanks for the advice dude.

If you hate pepping the details on the helmet, you may already lose the accuracy of the helmet. And it is general knowledge that you cannot apply resin on foam. If you plan to scratch build the details, you need to use other materials other than foam.

Woah, that is a disaster avoided (with the foam).

Thanks.

Version 2 coming soon.

Although, he could do what i tried once and cover every showing piece of foam with cardboard and then seal up the gaps. it seemed to work well enough...

Sorry for the double post, I am now using the HD RookieODST Helmet by Kirrou. Try to get finished soon. I'm out.

-Pure

Oh yah, I don't completely hate pep. I have sorta a love-hate relationship with it lol.

trust me. it is waaay easier to make it as accurate as possible in the cardboard stage than later on. what could take 5 mins with card could take hours with bondo. while you have got the scale correct, i would start abother one, and if you are going to make it realistic, dont forget that you will need space for good looking padding on the inside, lights, fans etc.

Wait dont use that file! that is wicked hard to do and warps a lot. Use one of Huge Holders files they are the best ODST files around.

Wait dont use that file! that is wicked hard to do and warps a lot. Use one of Huge Holders files they are the best ODST files around.

Another disaster avoided!

Thanks bud.

The funny thing is I don't usually rush my work. I think I only posted this because I was amazed that I completed this in only like 2 hours lol. My next helmet will be carefully done.

-Pure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back