Questions about scaling and converting to .pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznoc

Hello everyone!

So I got this horrible idea to make a Halo pepakura armor and man is it time consuming?! Anyway I’ve taken my own measurements and most of my pieces get a little too big. Since I don’t own a printer that can print the heavier type of papers I contacted a local company to print them for me. This forced me to convert the .pdo- to .pdf-files using the CutePDF technique. The problem is that my .pdf-files have a border that is roughly 1cm thick. Now my question is, am I doing the right thing increasing the scale of the print by ~12% to receive the same measurements as in the Pepakura Designer 3 or is the converted .pdf correct?

I will start posting pictures once the pepakura is all done since it is such a boring and time consuming part. ;)

Which weights of cardstock are you trying to print?

If your pieces end up being scaled 'off the page' in Pepakura, you can split those pieces down to make them fit on other pages - I'm pretty sure you shouldn't need to have an outside company print the work out on 'heavier card'.

Which weights of cardstock are you trying to print?

If your pieces end up being scaled 'off the page' in Pepakura, you can split those pieces down to make them fit on other pages - I'm pretty sure you shouldn't need to have an outside company print the work out on 'heavier card'.

That's not really what I meant. What I meant was that when I convert a .pdo to a .pdf it creates a "border" that is roughly 1cm thick (see picture below). All my pieces fit inside this border. However, since my pieces gets a little bit big I'm asking if I should leave it at 100% or if I'm getting the same size as intended if I increase the printscale by ~12%

We have a Canon MX535.

Border1PEP.PNG

That's not really what I meant. What I meant was that when I convert a .pdo to a .pdf it creates a "border" that is roughly 1cm thick (see picture below). All my pieces fit inside this border. However, since my pieces gets a little bit big I'm asking if I should leave it at 100% or if I'm getting the same size as intended if I increase the printscale by ~12%

We have a Canon MX535.

I'd leave your border as it is. And, I'd still like to know what grade of carstock you're trying to print on - I own a Canon MG3150 and it prints up to about 200gsm cardstock without much issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back