Quick Budget Halloween Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, seeing as the weather in the UK is atrocious, and I've not made much progress on my Iron Man build since the resin warped it, I've decided halloween this year calls for a budget, last-minute costume. With the budget I'm on, I'm not expecting to manage anything fantastic, HOWEVER... I found a bunch of 30cm rulers dirt cheap, and bought enough of them for my quick-costume idea. I bought 12, to be exact. Has anyone got any ideas what I MIGHT be planning? I shall throw in a picture of me before any work is done, to see if it helps you guess what I'm going for.

ChurchDoorPose.jpg

First to get it right gets an e-cookie.AND triggers some w.i.p. pictures...Nothing I am wearing or 'modeling' in that photo will help you guess it.

Guess away fellow 405th'ers!

im going to go out onn a whim here and guess issac clarke from dead space, at least thats what i would do with all those rulers.

Ruler Man! Faster than a measuring tape! Measures tall buildings 30cm at a time! No wait, that's kinda slow actually...

i would have absolutely no idea. if i had to guess maybe something blocky. maybe a dude from kiss with spikey and blocky armor, lol, im jus spittin out ideas xD

Lol, is it edward scissor hands??

I have absolutely no Idea dude, lol.

Can we have a tiny hint?

-Pony

If edward is close, than I would have to guess Freddy Krugger? althought I dont know what you would use the other two rulers for.

R3APER said:
If edward is close, than I would have to guess Freddy Krugger? althought I dont know what you would use the other two rulers for.

Freddy Krueger didnt have blades on his thumbs

Last edited by a moderator:
JackSkelling10 said:
Freddy Krueger didnt have blades on his thumbs

oh strange... I had a pair of costume Krueger gloves some time ago and they had blades on all the fingers. My mistake.

Seeing as noone got it, no cookies for anyone. However, I do have a small amount of progress to show.

IMG0040A.jpg

They are Wolverine Claws, I have doubled the rulers up so they dont flex at all. I then ground down the edges into blunt curves. After that, I used a hacksaw to cut the squares out of the back end, so they appear to have come from inside my knuckles, of course. I plan to attach them to a wire coat hanger I cut into pieces, which will then be attached at the other end to a wooden dowel I shall hold in my hands, so they are removeable for when I want to drink my pint the the pub.

More progress pics when I've done some more, and then I shall be working on the costume itself. The hair wont be a problem, I have that covered using my hair and lots of hairspray.

lol, i hadnt checked this in a while. if i had seen that ACDCrkr was the closest i woulda totally start spitting out names of ppl with knife-hands xD sounds like itll be cool.

Ok guys, got a little more progress to show. I have finished the right-hands blades, and they are now ready for painting. The left-hand blades are NEARLY done, but ue to my having to work in my garage, and it being unbelievably cold, I'm having to call it a day today, as the 'hot' glue doesnt stay that way for very long at all...

Some pics of my progress...(had to get some random kid walking past my house to put them on for one of the photos, I couldnt get a photo of myself, as I was taking the photos)

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/...alloween 09/?action=view&current=IMG0041A.jpg

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/...alloween 09/?action=view&current=IMG0042A.jpg

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/...alloween 09/?action=view&current=IMG0043A.jpg

Let me know your thoughts, guys!

KrovikanCorvinus said:
Ok guys, got a little more progress to show. I have finished the right-hands blades, and they are now ready for painting. The left-hand blades are NEARLY done, but ue to my having to work in my garage, and it being unbelievably cold, I'm having to call it a day today, as the 'hot' glue doesnt stay that way for very long at all...

Some pics of my progress...(had to get some random kid walking past my house to put them on for one of the photos, I couldnt get a photo of myself, as I was taking the photos)

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/...alloween 09/?action=view&current=IMG0041A.jpg

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/...alloween 09/?action=view&current=IMG0042A.jpg

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/...alloween 09/?action=view&current=IMG0043A.jpg

Let me know your thoughts, guys!

Pretty snazzy all in all - albeit I have to say in the most constructive of ways, they are a little on the thick side.

You going to go all out with the yellow + blue spandex, or the new-age wolverine?

I dont think the spandex is going to be a good look for me, so I was thinking more very early concept of Wolverine, when he was originally going to be a teenager as we saw him. That, or like you said, the new age wolverine. I'll probably go with new age, to be honest, I've got the hair to do it, why not?

By thick, I assume you mean thick when from the side view? If you meant they look a little thick in the 'top down' view, its probably the angles I've set them at. If you do mean the side view, I can see what you mean, although in 'origins' the blades are considerably thicker than his hands would be in depth, as they extend over his knuckles height instead of come through between them, as in earlier movies.

I'm probably going to go with a black biker jacket, a white short-sleeved tee, blue jeans, steelies, and some dog tags. With hair styling taken into account, I'll probably have spent about £10 on this costume. Quite good for a tight budget, I think.

Went as the crow last year, I'll search out some pictures of then, and post them here, if anyone wants to see them?

Ok guys, finished product. The Hair idea didn't work so well, as my hair is too long, so I gave up on that. However, I think its fairly obvious who I was anyway, and it got plenty of attention and recognised everywhere, even by drunkards. so all in all, a job well done, I'd say.

IMG00024-20091031-2231.jpg

IMG00023-20091031-2230.jpg

Feel free to comment on the outcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back