Rachciav's Boot And Odst Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keegan said:
One question...
Why is this in the pep section?

it started as a thread for my pep armor then i started making molded armor and never got around to asking anyone to move it. i guess it should be moved but theres alot of pep info in here too. but im probably going to make molded shoes soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
rachciav said:
it started as a thread for my pep armor then i started making molded armor and never got around to asking anyone to move it. i guess it should be moved but theres alot of pep info in here too. but im probably going to make molded shoes soon.

Ah, I see.
If you made shoes, youd make the kind of shoes that....

I dont know where Im going with this. :p

i finally got around to finishing the shins and handplates. and i have a little tut for those who bought or want to buy my shins, and cannot fit them on simply by sliding them on. ok so

step one: cut shin along this line on both sides, and also along the extra top part
DSC03775.jpg

step two: the shin should separate into two halves:front and back
DSC03776.jpg

step three: pad the inside however you want
DSC03777.jpg

step four: add two clips, one on either side, some where near the top of the shin for easy access, where ever is
comfortable, connecting both halves
DSC03778.jpg

step five: add velcro on the bottom connecting both sides
DSC03781.jpg

step six: once painted you can attach and wear it.
DSC03785.jpg

heres a pic of the handplates
DSC03788.jpg

so i got my armor finished before comic con yay! and since i know everyone loves pics, ill post some.

nycc148.jpg

me and some storm troopers
nycc51.jpg

me boba fett and predator
nycc87.jpg

me looking at the city
nycc31.jpg

i found a sign that said zanzibar

after the comic con i realized that i really have to upgrade my boots, so ill be making the molded ones soon. ill post pics once i start them.

also my boyfriend wanted to be in costume next time we went to a convention, so i started making him some ODST. heres the shoulder its made out of foam core and mat board with clay over the edges to make it smooth. ill be molding the whole ODST suit also.
DSC03796.jpg

DSC03795.jpg

rundown said:
cool pics man, looks like ya had fun...

yea it was really fun. more people form 405th should come next year. i was the only spartan there to my knowledge.

finally started to sculpt the boot. the ODST has been put on hold for a little, im still trying to figure out the strapping system. if anyone has suggestions on it please tell me. anyway heres some pics of the boot:

front
DSC03860.jpg

side
DSC03858.jpg

DSC03859.jpg

i bought a pair of combat boots to go under the armor too, because i needed something to keep the shoes and shin armor from scratching each other. i hope to have the shoe finished this week so i can wear my armor to gamestop and finally buy halo wars.

also i found a pattern for a flood infection form on the internet here: here i take no credit for the pattern, i just sewed it.

and heres some pics, its pretty awesome
DSC03861.jpg

DSC03862.jpg

ok another update, i figured out how to strap the ODST chest, back, and sholders. its kind of like a vest with shoulder sleave like things. heres some pics of the pattern and how it would fit on a person. all the armor would be attached to the vest so its easy to put on.
DSC00786.jpg

the scale is cm
DSC00785.jpg

i made all the measurements to fit my boyfriend. and i finished cutting it out all it needs is to have velcro added and its done. ill post pics of the vest a soon as possible.

small update, and question to others making ODST

heres the vest:
DSC03869.jpg

and ive been having problems trying to wrap the fabric around the soft armor parts. it keeps bunching up in weird places, or having messed up edges. heres pics of what i mean. if anyone making ODST knows what to do, or can tell me what theyre doing id appreciate the help because this is very frustrating.
DSC03871.jpg

DSC03872.jpg

DSC03873.jpg

small progress on the back of the shoe, not much, but something
DSC03880.jpg

also could one of the mods please move this to the molded section, cause im not doing pep things anymore, and i dont want to start a new thread there and separate my work into two places

Oh wow, Rachiav this is incredible! You have Epic sculpting skills!

Love the pictures, looks like a laugh!

The details on your new boots is amazing, how long did it take if you don't mind me asking? :)

Phenominal stuff, keep going! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back