Rage Files Thread! :D I think this is the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcgore678

So, I haven't seen any Rage files around here, and with the game coming out in just six days here in the states, I figured I should start up a files thread. This should help me get a start on modeling, so I started with a basic model: The Wing-stick. This is all I have right now, but it should be updated whenever I get the time to work on models.

This took about three to four hours, and it includes the 3D model, which may not be the best, considering I didn't have ANY screens to work off of, and it's like my second attempt. But this isn't the pep file, so if anybody wants to make it pep friendly, then feel free to do so.
And here it is:http://www.4shared.com/file/YUUj-BGZ/Rage_Wing-stick.html
RageWingstickModel.jpg

So this took nearly ten hours start to finish. My third attempt at 3D modeling, so don't be too rough on me.
These are EMP grenades, used to disable machinery or electronics such as personal sentry turrets, or anything of that sort. Let me know what you think.
http://www.4shared.com/file/HWiOoSI3/Rage_EMP_grenades.html
RageEMPgrenade.jpg

This is my newest model, and so far, most difficult. These are the Fists of Rage available with the Anarchy Edition of the game:
Rage Fists of Rage.skp
FinalFistsofRage.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

This is a Google Sketchup file, so it needs to be opened with that program.
More to come!

I have the game, and I'll be playing through it, getting used to every weapon, item, and vehicle, learning about them, and studying their models before I make anymore.

Yeah, that's why I included three blade templates in the file, because making it on paper wouldn't be good for those who have the urge to throw it. I made one out of cardboard, and it flew just like in the game, boomerang style, but two or three throws snapped one of the blades in half. But I bought a thin sheet of plexiglass and I'm gonna try it with that.

Dude I know! This game is gonna be sick. And I also finished an EMP grenade file. Modeled both the opened and closed version. I left out all the circles you can see on the inner part though. I might add them later. I'll post the file once I decide.

I turned this into a pep file but I did do some editing so if you need to replace one of the blades its easier to do. Currently it doesn't have the detailing on the center piece but I can add that if you wish.
Link to file
http://www.box.net/shared/op051675l7n7ejjly62x

That's actually brilliant. And no for the center piece. That would be a pain to unfold and to build. If you want to try it, then by all means, be my guest. And thanks, the pep file looks great!

Although the scaling may be a tad too big. But it's hard to judge with what little visual reference we have of the weapon. Either way, I'll definitely be making it.

But I am slightly confused. I believe you may be confused on the blade attachment. That hole isn't for a screw. On the actual game model, a piece of rope is threaded through each hole. I can't find a good reference shot, but it's not too big a problem, I just don't quite understand what you mean by replacing the blades.

Here's a little peak of the grenades:
RageEMPgrenade.jpg

Still some editing to do, so let me know what you guys think!

Dang it could someone turn that SKP into a OBJ or PDO for me my 3D software I've been using for SKP convensions does'nt like me tonight.

Dang it could someone turn that SKP into a OBJ or PDO for me my 3D software I've been using for SKP convensions does'nt like me tonight.

I would, but my software is messing up as well. :/

Edit*: Beginning some work on the Fists of Rage available with the Anarchy Edition:
FistsofRage.jpg

And here's the reference photo I'm working off of:
ragepreorder3.png

Alright this is how far I've gotten on the fists of Rage. It's around 85% completion:
RageFistsofRage.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Edit*:Fists of Rage are complete.
Rage Fists of Rage.skp
FinalFistsofRage.jpg

On the Fists of Rage, the file really does'nt look too pep friendly, I would see if you can make it work in Shapeways though.

I was beggining to think nobody on this forum was interested in Rage, lol. The wingstick, EMP grenade and the fists you made look really good in my opinion, so I was wondering if you could make a pep file for me. Im sure that you probabaly get a lot of requests from people to make these and stuff like that, but I was wondering if you could make a gearhead helmet from this game. I've tried making one out of cardboard but its so difficult and I just end up getting frustrated in the process and lose interest all together. So, if you could, please write back, I would really appreciate it.

I was beggining to think nobody on this forum was interested in Rage, lol. The wingstick, EMP grenade and the fists you made look really good in my opinion, so I was wondering if you could make a pep file for me. Im sure that you probabaly get a lot of requests from people to make these and stuff like that, but I was wondering if you could make a gearhead helmet from this game. I've tried making one out of cardboard but its so difficult and I just end up getting frustrated in the process and lose interest all together. So, if you could, please write back, I would really appreciate it.

No guarantees it'll look as good as you want it to, but I'll do my best. Can you link me to a picture of which one? If I'm correct, they have multiple models.

No guarantees it'll look as good as you want it to, but I'll do my best. Can you link me to a picture of which one? If I'm correct, they have multiple models.

Yeah, they do. I found the best picture of the helmet that I could find on here, so I was hoping you could look of the model in the game for more detail on it.

The_Gearheads.jpg

I am also working on the wingstick that you made and am going to resin it tommorow, I'll try to upload some picks of it tommorow, thanks for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back