Ranger's Halo 3: Mk VI Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I'd recommend following Phauxelate's fashion advice... but I can't stop you.

Oh, cosplay is nothing but fashion. And I taught you basically everything you knew when starting out! I spent a month researching everything, and you just get up and started within a couple days after me explaining everything to you in between classes.

I re-read through your thread and not once did you mention how much I helped you! For Shame...

Did you guys know I had to extensively persuade talk him into using plastidip to seal his paint?

Oh, cosplay is nothing but fashion. And I taught you basically everything you knew when starting out! I spent a month researching everything, and you just get up and started within a couple days after me explaining everything to you in between classes.

I re-read through your thread and not once did you mention how much I helped you! For Shame...

Did you guys know I had to extensively persuade talk him into using plastidip to seal his paint?
It's ok, I credit you where it counts: Halo Memes

And what I remember is:
Phauxelate: Make sure you don't run out of Hot Glue! I used up hundreds of sticks to make my suit!
Me: Ok, I'll buy some extra
(3 months later)
Me: Phauxelate! WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THE EXTRA 2LBS OF INDUSTRIAL HOT GLUE!?

The display is 720p (for this type of application I would've been ecstatic for 480p) and looks like a virtual 4" screen about a foot away, so a little smaller than a phone screen (or normal sized for older phones). It's admittedly difficult to read text as the display has to be positioned just right and it made taking the helm on/off much more difficult. But, for the added benefit of being able to interact with a computer without breaking suit immersion I consider it wholly worth it, especially once I write my own hud app and build my features in (nightvision, mini map, and voice comms anyone?).
That would be amazing! I know DARPA has been fiddling with that over the years. This is far far off for my rifle thread I think you saw. But, I have a ATN scope which is pretty much an HD camera put into a rifle scope. It has night vision, video capture, and dual screen tech. I was thinking about one day seeing if that could overlay into a google glass like device and get a live feed reticle through it. I would probably have to find a way to crop out everything but the reticle in the 2nd screen on the google glass device. I got the idea from the Halo: CE marine design with the single eye visors. Great work on the armor! I'm looking forward to posts on the visor display!!

That would be amazing! I know DARPA has been fiddling with that over the years. This is far far off for my rifle thread I think you saw. But, I have a ATN scope which is pretty much an HD camera put into a rifle scope. It has night vision, video capture, and dual screen tech. I was thinking about one day seeing if that could overlay into a google glass like device and get a live feed reticle through it. I would probably have to find a way to crop out everything but the reticle in the 2nd screen on the google glass device. I got the idea from the Halo: CE marine design with the single eye visors. Great work on the armor! I'm looking forward to posts on the visor display!!
Yeah, I think it's possible but in order to do what you're looking for you'd probably want to use a technology different from what I'm using. You'd probably want to do the prism reflection thing, which yes, is what's used in google glass. You can follow my progress here :)
And yeah I remember your post from earlier

It's ok, I credit you where it counts: Halo Memes

And what I remember is:
Phauxelate: Make sure you don't run out of Hot Glue! I used up hundreds of sticks to make my suit!
Me: Ok, I'll buy some extra
(3 months later)
Me: Phauxelate! WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THE EXTRA 2LBS OF INDUSTRIAL HOT GLUE!?

You guys want to know the story behind that?

I told him that I used up exactly 30 hot glue sticks. I had to use a paint brush to shove the last stick through the hot glue gun to use it all. I told him that he'll want to buy extra glue sticks, more than just the 30 that comes with the hot glue gun.

So he orders the glue, and one of the things I explained to him before he started out was that he WILL want to use high temp glue sticks. Not low temp or all temp because those can risk becoming undone because they aren't strong enough or melt if you leave it in a hot car.

What he ordered on amazon was what said was hot glue, but on the bag it said all temp. He returned it.

Package #2 was the same case, so he returned that as well.

Apparently amazon doesn't have many high temp glue sticks, so he ordered them off of some website that sold industrial glue because it was the only place he could find online that sold them. He told me he ordered 2 pounds of it and I asked "How many glue sticks is that?" and replied with "I don't know."

In case you were wondering, it's a butt load, because it looks to be over 200 glue sticks.

Don't believe anything he says, he's been blaming me for making him buy enough glue to build a cosplay army

You guys want to know the story behind that?

I told him that I used up exactly 30 hot glue sticks. I had to use a paint brush to shove the last stick through the hot glue gun to use it all. I told him that he'll want to buy extra glue sticks, more than just the 30 that comes with the hot glue gun.

So he orders the glue, and one of the things I explained to him before he started out was that he WILL want to use high temp glue sticks. Not low temp or all temp because those can risk becoming undone because they aren't strong enough or melt if you leave it in a hot car.

What he ordered on amazon was what said was hot glue, but on the bag it said all temp. He returned it.

Package #2 was the same case, so he returned that as well.

Apparently amazon doesn't have many high temp glue sticks, so he ordered them off of some website that sold industrial glue because it was the only place he could find online that sold them. He told me he ordered 2 pounds of it and I asked "How many glue sticks is that?" and replied with "I don't know."

In case you were wondering, it's a butt load, because it looks to be over 200 glue sticks.

Don't believe anything he says, he's been blaming me for making him buy enough glue to build a cosplay army
tl;dr don't buy glue sticks on amazon :p .

But yes, Phauxelate helped a ton with the research part. Thank you

May I remind you of the tendency of objects in motion to stay in motion? Come on man, it's Newton's First Law.
... unless acted upon by an outside force is the other half of that law ;-)
#Engineer
So I dont understand. The train is crazy and it of control, hence it being off the rails, but for someone who is bringing up physics, why does it never slow down?

Also this thread has expanded more than any I have ever seen in a short amount of time. Maybe even too much in one day... YOU GOING TO BRING THE SITE DOWN! Let's give art some noise ;)

The laws of physics are very peculiar, though. It's crazy how a 600 ton derailed train of hilarious fireteam can be driven to a cataclysmic standstill by naught but a single wet noodle.

it's not just the noodle......its the power of the wielder channeled into the noodle that matters
Sir Meliodas..
meliodas.gif

Thanks. I appreciate the help. If you remember my armor, I'm sure you noticed that it didn't have any weathering at all...as if it were brand new. The weathering really is the icing on the cake.
I remember your armor clearly, and I wasn't left with the impression it needed weathering to be honest. But if you want to rough it up a bit, the technique I used is often called dry brushing (though, real dry brushers will say my brush is far too wet). Black washing is also another very popular technique, and there's tons of other videos on that :). Looking forward to seeing what you do.

I like to take black cfg acrylics, water I'd down, a d cover EVERYTHING in it. Then I wipe alot off. Then I sponge on different yellows and browns(sometimes dark orange aswell) to get the right covering of dirt and grime. The more black and brown, the better. Then dry brush on silver. This gives you the most used effect
20190506_210338.jpg
20190506_210351.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back