Rate Your Armour REBOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRTNBD50

I'm back on the 405th and I like what I've been seeing. Also, I've been ask to restart my "Rate Your Armour" thread so I will!

This thread is simple, people rate your armor. One of the purpose of this thread is to Motivate Noobs in armor-making. If you want your armor to be rated, rules are simple.

Send me a PM telling you want your armor rated.
PM must include:
- 405th name
- 4 way pics
-:Front
-:Back
-:Left
-:Right

The first PM received will be rated by the members.

Raters are to vote like:
-?/10

Raters: You will rate based off of:

-Overall Look
-Accuracy
-Detail
-Proportion
-Wearability
-Final Score

Rates will be counted like votes.

Makers who are being rated: Don't Brag!
Members who are rating: Don't Rant!

Raters: You rate like this:
?/10
Comment:

Raters: If you see this:

Armour Rated, next armour to be rated. NEXT ARMOUR PM NOW

Stop Rating!

This will be updated weekly!
Starts now!

For those who do not like to criticize or be criticized, I'm not asking you to vote/comment.

Rating Starts: 14 August 2013
Rating Ends: 21 August 2013

Rated armour ends up in the Rated Armour Gallery:http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31164-Rated-Armor-Gallery

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Figured I'd have myself rated this week:

405th Name:
Rate Counts:

1/10: X
2/10: X
3/10: X
4/10: X
5/10: X
6/10: X
7/10: X
8/10: X
9/10: X
10/10: X

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I vote, I haz idea. You should have people vote based off more than just how good it looks. You should base it off...

-overall look (how the suit looks as a whole),
-accuracy (how close it is to the game),
-detail (bondo work/foamie work/ any kind of detailing),
-proportion (scaling and sizing of the suit),
-and wearability (does it look like it is falling off or falling apart, or could it actually easily be worn comfortably),

...and have people give a score out of ten for each.

I'll rate your suit using this rating method--

Overall look - 8/10 - at first glance there was some parts that looked just the SLIGHTEST bit to big and I'm SUPER picky about that sort of thing. The color was pretty cool because I caould tell you were (most likely) going for a living dead zombie color.
Accuracy - 8/10 - the helmet has some visual flaws that are hard to pinpoint in a way, but I think it's just that the file you way have used for the helmet may not have been the smoothest and bondo work was minimal and didn't add to the accuracy of the costume. The armor has a color than is almost an exact match to the reach zombie color, but I notices you are missing toe caps on your boots.
Detail - 7/10 - the suit lacks a lot of detail particularly on the helmet and ab plate of the chest, as well as the boots, again, are missing toe caps. It had some detail on the robot arm, but you could have picked up a lot more to compliment a cool pice like the robot arm that not many people use in their custom armor.
Proportion - 8/10 most of the suit was well proportioned, but there were a few very small things like the thighs being too big, the butt plate being to big, then helmet being to big and the knees a tiny bit to small that made this score an 8
Wearability- 9/10 the suit looks easy and comfortable to wear and nothing is breaking or damaged that would effect how you wear it. I didn't give a 10 in this because I feel there's always room to improve.

That's about it. Again, overall 8/10. Nice job on your suit. Now you need a weapon :)

Before I vote, I haz idea. You should have people vote based off more than just how good it looks. You should base it off...

-and wearability (does it look like it is falling off or falling apart, or could it actually easily be worn comfortably),

Nice idea. I think I might try it.

Overall Look - 8/10. As a whole, the suit looks good. The colouring is almost spot on for the Reach zombie colour, and it has that brand new Spartan look too it. Apart from some pieces that are slightly too big, it looks fine.
Accuracy - 7/10. The UA/Multi-Threat shoulder doesn't look quite right, and the UA/Buckler attachment could be smaller in order to keep the same basic proportions as the rest of the armour. There is also more of a ridge around the back of the helmet.
Detail - 7/10. It has some great detail, such as with the Thigh pieces and the Buckler forearm, but is lacking in other areas, such as the Chest piece, Helmet, and Shoulders. As for the Colours, they are fine. However, if you are going for extra detail, try to add some weathering to the suit, such as dirt, scratches, etc.
Proportion - 8/10. Mostly, it is basically the same proportions. However, the Gungnir Kneepads appear to be too short, in terms of height. The front and back of the Cod also appear to be too big overall.
Wearability - 9/10. It appears to be easy to put on/take off, but more importantly, it appears to be slightly loose. This is, in this case, a good thing, as it will result in a far lower chance of anything breaking off while it is being worn.

So, overall, it comes too about a 8 - 8.5 out of 10.

overall 8/10. Same as the others have said, just needs a bit more to bumb it up.
accuracy 8/10. more bondo work would have helpedbump this up.
detail 6.5/10. not sure if you did pep or foam, but it does not quite have that metal look, some bits are too big, and you would benefit from a neck seal or balaclava, your neck is exposed.
Proportion 7/10. as stated above, sizing is a bit off on some pieces.
wearability. 9/10.looks like you have almost full movement.

overall, tweaks and detail will make this POP. hopethis helps.

I'll rate your suit using this rating method--

Overall look - 8/10 - at first glance there was some parts that looked just the SLIGHTEST bit to big and I'm SUPER picky about that sort of thing. The color was pretty cool because I caould tell you were (most likely) going for a living dead zombie color.
Accuracy - 8/10 - the helmet has some visual flaws that are hard to pinpoint in a way, but I think it's just that the file you way have used for the helmet may not have been the smoothest and bondo work was minimal and didn't add to the accuracy of the costume. The armor has a color than is almost an exact match to the reach zombie color, but I notices you are missing toe caps on your boots.
Detail - 7/10 - the suit lacks a lot of detail particularly on the helmet and ab plate of the chest, as well as the boots, again, are missing toe caps. It had some detail on the robot arm, but you could have picked up a lot more to compliment a cool pice like the robot arm that not many people use in their custom armor.
Proportion - 8/10 most of the suit was well proportioned, but there were a few very small things like the thighs being too big, the butt plate being to big, then helmet being to big and the knees a tiny bit to small that made this score an 8
Wearability- 9/10 the suit looks easy and comfortable to wear and nothing is breaking or damaged that would effect how you wear it. I didn't give a 10 in this because I feel there's always room to improve.

That's about it. Again, overall 8/10. Nice job on your suit. Now you need a weapon :)

I like the way you think, boih. I updated the first post! :)

As for weapon:
46995_10201159026051608_153767024_n.jpg

Rates updated!

overall 7.5 (some strong points! and points that just didnt give it that true spartan feel)
accuracy 7 (due to the lack of under suit (just being under armor) and lack of shoes)
detail 8 (all the armor was detailed great, would have been brought out by a better under suit)
proportion 8 (everything looked accurate and like it was made for you)
wearability 7 (right shoulder looked like it was about to fall off)

great suit and glad u brought back the thread man!

Updated!

-Overall Look 8/10. Very nice overall has a strong build to it. I like. Didn't really fancy the colour but the weathering is amazing
-Accuracy 9/10. Very very very accurate. The only thing that wasn't accurate are the forearms and the gloves so 9/10
-Detail 9.5/10. SO FRACKON DETAILEDSFEAFEAVAR. I would've given a 10/10 because I don't believe in that. I believe there's always room for improvements.
-Proportion 7/10 .Some parts aren't just where they're supposed to be but most are so 7/10
-Wearability 8.5/10. You seem fairly comfy in that so I'll give it an 8.5/10
-Final Score 9/10. Very well done

Overall 9/10. Looks like you you should be in the game instead of the game models.
Accuracy 8.5/10 Gloves and proper undersuit details on the legs would make you the BEST Spartan on this Site
Detail 9.5/10 See undersuit comment
Proportion 9.5/10 few problems with the legs, they look off to me
Wear-ability 10/10. You seem to have no problems in it, and you can crouch (Can you run?)
Final Score 9.5/10. Gloves and elbow pads, kinda detract from it, the elbow pads mainly. But overall if I saw this I would think I had died and gone to heaven. Thread is a must read if you are making a S-III Reach

Rating's over. Thorn696 gets an impressive 9/10.
Next one to PM me with complete details gets rated. Also, note that it's complete Armour.

Sidenote: Since this thread hasn't been getting much attention, I might either stop this entirely or pass it to someone else.

overall 6.5/10 a few things are off, and take away from overall look.
accuracy 7.5/10 the helmet back just looks off, and you can see buckles
deatail 9/10 a high level of detail in there, really good. plus the awesome rifle.
proportion 9.5/10 looks like it fits almost perfectly
wear abilty 9/10 looks easy to wear
overall 8/10 the helmet and the buckles are the only things that need fixing, that will boost the score a lot.

Overall- 9/10. I looks like chief jumped out of the game.
Accuracy-9/10 the undersuit is the only thing, it's too shinny and the chiefs undersuit in halo CE is a very matte black color. I'm just being very picky, but it takes away from the look.
Proportion-10/10 the chiefs wide-shouldered, large, heroic appearance and proportion was definitely achieved.
Detail-10/10 the bondo work and the custom mixed auto paint (yes! I've read through the thread!) add amazing detail that you may not notice at first glance, but really look great up close
Wearability-8/10 It definitely looks strong enough to wear for a long time without breaking, but the polygons of the suit make it look somewhat uncomfortable to move around in.

Again, overall- 9/10. Justin does some amazing work, and mostly freehand with pepakura, too, so I have to say he did a very nice job in the suit.

I'm still willing to continue this thread, but if anyone wants to take it off my hands, feel free. I'd prefer if someone was to take it off my hands though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back