Ravarkian's Foam Noble 6 Build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Actually though, my helmet and chest are the only ones that used pep files, the helmet file I converted myself. The rest is scratch built using hand made templates cut out of cardstock. I do it this way to get a better custom fit. But if you're looking to convert pep files for foam, it's not too difficult. You just have to edit out any parts you won't need a template for like recesses or whatever else you think you wouldn't need. Then reduce any symetrical pieces down to one half because you can just flip any left side template to become the rigt side too.

Those are the exact two pieces I've been considering using pep templates for - shins as well actually. Thanks, I'll explore that a bit more when the time comes (which should be soon!).

Once again it's update time.

9125387a-1658-47a6-a578-a67b875edf1e_zps0a34af86.jpg
Update 8: Mark V Forearm Base
Scratch built over a few days of work, took more days detailing than it did to build them despite my expectation that it wouldn't take that long to detail. Took about $10 worth of materials to complete. They fit well and surprised me on how well they work with my shoulders in terms of movement, still kind of limiting though. But it looks like my updates might continue to be short as I have a lot of work to do and no time to do a proper update. And sorry I didn't get more info up on some of my recent non-foam work regarding my costume, I'll have to do an update on that later. Well, back to work!

P.S. I plan to clean up my build thread when I have the time, which will likely be when it is completed.

-Ravarkian

Update time.

0918b0f8-283a-4a01-a3b4-4b9b713930c2_zps704b6b03.jpg4c98ed13-3aaa-4d39-b351-2536ec4412b1_zps6fa6d406.jpgccb2a86c-c715-4100-a234-8236417eb51b_zpsbf8d6209.jpg66a6682b-3457-4944-8707-2c9202a6ae29_zps8e3dc43a.jpg
Update 9: Mark V Boots
After some trial and error, I have completed my boots. Took about 4-5 days of work and about $20 worth of materials to build. They fit over a small, comfortable pair of shoes and buckle together solidly with the help of some well hidden velcro. The boots also include a game accurate sole along the bottom (pictured above). It would also seem that I built them with a more ergonomic shape to the boot as they sort of bend to the shape of the shoes inside. Completely unintended but it may help keep my steps from feeling so clunky. And as you can see, their profile isn't much bigger than an average shoe, they are however very wide by comparison. I'm very pleased with the size I was able to accomplish with these, I was afraid they might come out awkward and goofy looking. Now that these are done I can now adequately scale my shins to match up and what not so those will be next. Well, back to work!

-Ravarkian

***throws his armour in the bin*** this is awesome sauce if I ever saw any!

This is incredible! I can't wait to see more of this. Really curious to see how the pieces look after plasti dip since they're already so clean.

This makes me want to do foam but I'm staying strictly fiberglass and bondo. :p just because it'll b paintball armor :D but this makes me want to make some foam!!!!! Btw is that a foam sole? Because idk if it'll last very long when walking on rough and rugged surfaces.

No idea how I missed this, this is astonishing work. Keep up the awesome work Ravarkian! I'll be watching this thread.

This makes me want to do foam but I'm staying strictly fiberglass and bondo. :p just because it'll b paintball armor :D but this makes me want to make some foam!!!!! Btw is that a foam sole? Because idk if it'll last very long when walking on rough and rugged surfaces.

Chainsaw, the armour you learn to make here is NOT rated for paintball. I've PM'd you more details you may want to read before going ahead with that.

Your work is awesome! This is one of the best builds I've ever seen, everything looks so crisp and neat. Keep it up because what you're doing here...is art! :cool

Thanks everyone, you're all very encouraging! And yes Chainsaw Ninja, it is foam. But you're right, I thought of that and plan on taking steps to make sure it's rugged enough to handle extended use without showing any signs of giving out. They're secured to the boot well and seem to flex effectively, but it seems to me the biggest thing to look out for is the durability. I'll let y'all know how it all goes once they're in a more wearable state.

Wow man ur work is amazingly good. I really want to do my amour in foam now. But better stick to what I am good at fiberglass. Great work!!!

Finally, I'm at it again! Sorry I don't have an update for y'all, but I'll give you a peek at my current focus on the build.

ade6c82a-d42c-46dd-8ebd-7dfc42021e29_zps6c2e88e7.jpg
I got my hands on a Nerf Rayven and a couple clips a while back and plan on turning it into a Halo Reach Assault Rifle replica.

Over the winter I discovered that cold weather hampers progress and my motivation to work on my build. So I haven't done a lot in recent months, but I'm on track to finish the suit before this year's Izumicon. I'll be updating as soon as I have significant progress worth showing.

-Ravarkian

Alright, update time!
IMG_5757_zpsbfaca4d0.jpg
Update 10: Nerf MA37 ICWS
Progress Update: 1
Things are about to get busy for me so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to work on my build in the next week or so. So I figured I'd update everyone on my Assault Rifle's progress. Still have a ways to go on it, but here's I got so far. I added the Nerf barrel extension mod and then replaced the Nerf tube inside with a longer one. Then I used my dremel to remove unwanted and inaccurate parts from the Rayven and barrel extension. I was careful not to interfere with moving parts, wiring and anything else important. I refilled certain areas I had cut away with paper mache pulp and used acrylic where I couldn't use the pulp. Once I had everything Nerf the way I wanted it, I began adding EVA foam to create the MA37's silhouette and finally began detailing with craft foam. The grip and the stock still need to be permanently attached, which will have to wait until they're completely detailed.
It still fires perfectly fine and can use any regular clip, but I prefer my modified 6 dart clip. Oh and sorry for the poor picture quality.

your build is very good, i like the way you are doing everything, keep up the great work. Cant wait to see more from you :)

Good to see another fellow Oklahoman on the forums!!! :D

Your progress so far looks awesome!
I totally love the Duct Tape Mannequin, why didn't you do a head mold of yourself as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back