Razgriz's Halo Pep Files

Razgriz

Well-Known Member
Okay, since my first post was extremely confusing, here's how it goes. I got a Halo 3 Model pack. I got the EOD chest and made a .pdo of it. I also have the Halo 2 files that I got from the game itself. I plan on doing weapons from the game. There you go.
My next project is the Spartan Laser , and the Halo 2 Fuel Rod cannon. I've always had a thing for the fuel rod cannon, so I decided to take on the project.

Enjoy!

http://files.filefront.com/Halo+3+EOD+Ches...;/fileinfo.html

TO CLEAR THING UP: I GOT THE HALO 2 WEAPONS FROM THE GAME FILES. I GOT THE HALO 3 FILES FROM A LINK THAT WAS POSTED HERE BUT TAKEN DOWN SHORTLY AFTER!
 

Walter Spase

Well-Known Member
Just a question, you said you ripped it from Halo 2 models, but its a Halo 3 EOD chest... explain that to me real fast before I DL this... did you edit the H2 files to reflect the H3 details?
 

Razgriz

Well-Known Member
Oops! I forgot to also say that I got the Halo 3 models. I got them from a thread from this site. I posted that info about the Halo 2 models so that you knew where I got them from.
 

Vrogy

Well-Known Member
Razgriz said:
Oops! I forgot to also say that I got the Halo 3 models. I got them from a thread from this site.
Bwahahaha! :lol: See, this is what happens when you give it away!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Razgriz

Well-Known Member
Vrogy said:
Bwahahaha! :lol: See, this is what happens when you give it away!
Well, I didn't get them from the thead itself, but I did get the link from the thread.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
The models from halo 3 are not posted, the only one so far is danifood4less and slyfo, and they wont release or send people models because it is aginst bungie's copywrite and blah blah blah..

You claim you got them from a site, yet you claim you mod the game..........what? How did you get the models from the game when you said you got them from this site? this makes 0 sense.
 

Razgriz

Well-Known Member
I got the halo 2 models from the game! I got the Halo 3 models from a link that was posted in the thread (Who's going to be the first person to post the Halo 3 models!)I think the link was taken down shortly after that because of the copy right junk. I'm confusing everyone! This thread is not going how I hoped it would go.

I hope this clears stuff up. I got the EOD chest from a Halo 3 model pack that somebody from here posted a link to. The Fuel Rod cannon whihc I mentioned was going to be next project, I got from the game files.

If you want proof that this is a halo 3 EOD chest, I'll post a screen shot of my PC screen.
 

23Magnum

Well-Known Member
I read your first post and I can see where people are getting confused, but I knew what you meant. I got the Halo 3 models from the same place. As long as, you aren't using the models for profit I don't think it much matters to share them freely for personal use.
 

Razgriz

Well-Known Member
23Magnum said:
I read your first post and I can see where people are getting confused, but I knew what you meant. I got the Halo 3 models from the same place. As long as, you aren't using the models for profit I don't think it much matters to share them freely for personal use.
Yeah, I'm not selling them. Besides, they are in .pdo format. The only people who could use them are people with pepakura. (Unless you know of some why to export the models as .obj or something like that.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
The models from halo 3 are not posted, the only one so far is danifood4less and slyfo, and they wont release or send people models because it is aginst bungie's copywrite and blah blah blah..

You claim you got them from a site, yet you claim you mod the game..........what? How did you get the models from the game when you said you got them from this site? this makes 0 sense.
i never said i ripped them from the game, i just got them from a public download someone put on rapidshare, i have never told anyone NO to getting files i have, unless i was given them by another person, and instructed not to give it away. i freely share my custom files, and finished .pdo files with anyone that wants them.

Razgriz said:
Yeah, I'm not selling them. Besides, they are in .pdo format. The only people who could use them are people with pepakura. (Unless you know of some why to export the models as .obj or something like that.)
its not possible. i tried.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

23Magnum

Well-Known Member
Razgriz said:
Yeah, I'm not selling them. Besides, they are in .pdo format. The only people who could use them are people with pepakura. (Unless you know of some why to export the models as .obj or something like that.)
I actually meant if you tried selling the object files(.obj) as your own, then you might run into some trouble there.
Currently, there is no way I know of to export .pdo as .obj, that's why I was so happy to find someone generous enough to share the object files themselves.
Now I'm trying to do the same with the TimeShift game demo, but no luck so far.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Razgriz

Well-Known Member
23Magnum said:
I actually meant if you tried selling the object files(.obj) as your own, then you might run into some trouble there.
Currently, there is no way I know of to export .pdo as .obj, that's why I was so happy to find someone generous enough to share the object files themselves.
Now I'm trying to do the same with the TimeShift game demo, but no luck so far.
Oh, yeah, that too. :) But I think almost everybody here who has the models (With a few exception) got the models from that link before it was taken down.
P.S. Timeshift is awesome. But back on topic...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doom

Well-Known Member
Razgriz said:
Oh, yeah, that too. :) But I think almost everybody here who has the models (With a few exception) got the models from that link before it was taken down.
P.S. Timeshift is awesome. But back on topic...
Models were Removed by me. 405th does NOT support the illegal distribution of ripped content on these forums in a 3d format. Thus the Models have been removed from the topic.

Those models were the combination of a leak and a really bad attempted rip. The only people that should have the models are those that extracted them around the time the beta came online and they were first extracted properly... You can tell what is a leak Now a days because people only have the Normal map for the chief and no other textures. Not only that but none of the Perms are even UVW'ed... All the originals are complete and perfect.

If anyone is seen posting the models again they will receive a suspension, same with discussion upon places to obtain the models/textures or other materials from the game. If you want them you will have to find them without the help of those on these forums.

-Doom
 
Last edited by a moderator:

23Magnum

Well-Known Member
Doom said:
Models were Removed by me. 405th does NOT support the illegal distribution of ripped content on these forums in a 3d format. Thus the Models have been removed from the topic.

Those models were the combination of a leak and a really bad attempted rip. The only people that should have the models are those that extracted them around the time the beta came online and they were first extracted properly... You can tell what is a leak Now a days because people only have the Normal map for the chief and no other textures. Not only that but none of the Perms are even UVW'ed... All the originals are complete and perfect.

If anyone is seen posting the models again they will receive a suspension, same with discussion upon places to obtain the models/textures or other materials from the game. If you want them you will have to find them without the help of those on these forums.

-Doom
I know I'll probably get banned for this, as everyone somewhat knows arguing with a mod is basically forum suicide, but someone needs to set you straight and if I have to go down doing it, I'm happy to do so.
Doom, just what you've said here and not just here in this thread, but others as well, contradicts any point you're trying to make, but let's just stick to this one here.
Fine, we can't post the ripped model files here or point those in the direction of where they can obtain them. I understand that completely, but you on more than one occasion, several in fact, have shown off that you have at least the chief model yourself. I'd like to ask where you got yours from? Oh, but wait you can't say, because that would violate what you said in your post. If in deed you ripped them from the beta, fine, but wait is that not ALSO ILLEGAL. Also, "distribution of ripped content. on these forums in a 3D format", I believe that covers Pepakura as well, of which, most of the files on this site are comprised and which also contain 3D data based off those ripped files. So, if I'm correct in my interpretation of your rules, that means that all files, except those created solely by those posting them, should be taken down off the site and their posters be suspended, i.e. - dannifood4less, Slyfo, flying squirl, and I'm sure that I'm forgetting some but those are the big ones off the top of my head. I don't think anyone in this forum wants to see that happen.
I don't like it when those in power feel they, and those that are in their favor, are above the law in any way, shape, or form(yeah, I know that's ironic for this topic).

Sorry if this sounded mean or hateful, it wasn't intended to be.

I'm done now, and if I survive this I would just like to say that if there is ever anytime I'm in the wrong, and this goes out to everyone on the forum, please don't hesitate to set me straight or correct me. I'm smart, but I know I don't have all the answers.

I have the utmost respect for everyone, keep up the good work, and hopefully I'll be seeing you around.

-Matt, a.k.a 23Magnum
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Razgriz

Well-Known Member
I'm not enough of a num-nut to post the actual models. I also don't know where I got the models from. I forget. But the key thing is I don't post the original model, right?
 

Doom

Well-Known Member
23Magnum said:
I know I'll probably get banned for this, as everyone somewhat knows arguing with a mod is basically forum suicide, but someone needs to set you straight and if I have to go down doing it, I'm happy to do so.
Doom, just what you've said here and not just here in this thread, but others as well, contradicts any point you're trying to make, but let's just stick to this one here.
Fine, we can't post the ripped model files here or point those in the direction of where they can obtain them. I understand that completely, but you on more than one occasion, several in fact, have shown off that you have at least the chief model yourself. I'd like to ask where you got yours from? Oh, but wait you can't say, because that would violate what you said in your post. If in deed you ripped them from the beta, fine, but wait is that not ALSO ILLEGAL. Also, "distribution of ripped content. on these forums in a 3D format", I believe that covers Pepakura as well, of which, most of the files on this site are comprised and which also contain 3D data based off those ripped files. So, if I'm correct in my interpretation of your rules, that means that all files, except those created solely by those posting them, should be taken down off the site and their posters be suspended, i.e. - dannifood4less, Slyfo, flying squirl, and I'm sure that I'm forgetting some but those are the big ones off the top of my head. I don't think anyone in this forum wants to see that happen.
I don't like it when those in power feel they, and those that are in their favor, are above the law in any way, shape, or form(yeah, I know that's ironic for this topic).

Sorry if this sounded mean or hateful, it wasn't intended to be.

I'm done now, and if I survive this I would just like to say that if there is ever anytime I'm in the wrong, and this goes out to everyone on the forum, please don't hesitate to set me straight or correct me. I'm smart, but I know I don't have all the answers.

I have the utmost respect for everyone, keep up the good work, and hopefully I'll be seeing you around.

-Matt, a.k.a 23Magnum
There is no need to Ban you for standing up, I can give you kudos for doing that as nobody has really questioned it yet.

We allow .PDO files here because they aren't useable or convertible to use in other programs... Only Pepakura Designer can use .PDO files. You can't really do all that much with only a .PDO file unless you feel like doing some Papercrafting.

Doing the Pepakura we are doing here though is ILLEGAL as stated in the New Game Content Usage thread.

You can’t reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don’t normally permit in order to create your Items
Pepakura is very illegal since we are using Microsoft's content, but unless you guys really want to see Pepakura leave these forums to keep us safe, it's going to have to stay. It's a risk we will have to take for now.

As for distribution of a raw 3d data, Thats as illegal as it can get. It's like burning duplicate DVD's and giving them to friends. 3d files that are copyrighted aren't supposed to be distributed freely. One can do anything they want with a .obj, they could sell it, distribute, or do anything else which is going to most likely be illegal also. A .OBJ file is the most used format for a 3d data file. It's globally compatible with just about any 3d program you can find...

Also, Ripping is just fine, I don't believe that has ever been illegal in the game industry, HOWEVER, Distribution is 100% ILLEGAL and cannot be tolerated here. Even asked one of my friends who is an actual GameDev for a major company right now about this.

As for Slyfo, he happened to have a friend who made a extractor for the Beta. His method for getting the models was just fine. Don't ask me how Danni or Squirel got them, as I don't know.

Thanks for your concern,

-Doom

PS: The renders aren't illegal, As long as I am not selling them, it's perfectly fine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

23Magnum

Well-Known Member
"You can’t reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don’t normally permit in order to create your Items"

As for distribution of a raw 3d data, Thats as illegal as it can get. It's like burning duplicate DVD's and giving them to friends. 3d files that are copyrighted aren't supposed to be distributed freely. One can do anything they want with a .obj, they could sell it, distribute, or do anything else which is going to most likely be illegal also. A .OBJ file is the most used format for a 3d data file. It's globally compatible with just about any 3d program you can find...

Also, Ripping is just fine, I don't believe that has ever been illegal in the game industry, HOWEVER, Distribution is 100% ILLEGAL and cannot be tolerated here. Even asked one of my friends who is an actual GameDev for a major company right now about this.

PS: The renders aren't illegal, As long as I am not selling them, it's perfectly fine.
Ok, again, I'm sorry, but in the parts of your post I put here, do you see anything wrong with what you said?
Let me put it this way...
"Ripping may not capture all data on an audio CD. CD-Text may be captured, but additional CD+G data such as lyrics and graphics present on some CDs may be ignored by ripping software, preventing an identical backup and recreation of the original CD.

Legal problems and status
Ripping also allows content to be losslessly copied for a very low or essentially zero cost and given to those who did not purchase it, possibly substituting for sales of content. Hence it has aroused fierce opposition by the recording industry, who view it as theft.

Since the music or video is transferred to a data file, the files can be shared with other computer users over the Internet.

Although it is legal in the United States to make backup copies of software, the legality of ripping music for personal use without the permission of the copyright holder is controversial. Historically, copying media for personal use was established to be Fair Use under U.S. Copyright by the Supreme Court in the Sony Betamax doctrine. On the other hand, the RIAA, which represents many music copyright holders has maintained that copying rights have not been granted to end users and that Fair Use does not apply.

Depending on the outcome of the trial including the RIAA v. Jammie Thomas, even ripping a cd without permission from the owner of the copyright, even for personal use may be illegal. Of course this may backfire since during the 80's creating a mix tape was legal, and was encouraged as part of the music experience. The RIAA may very well shoot themselves in the foot over this argument.

However, in oral arguments before the Supreme Court in MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster, Ltd., Don Verrilli, representing MGM stated:

'And let me clarify something I think is unclear from the amicus briefs. The record companies, my clients, have said, for some time now, and it's been on their Website for some time now, that it's perfectly lawful to take a CD that you've purchased, upload it onto your computer, put it onto your iPod. There is a very, very significant lawful commercial use for that device, going forward.'
Selling software to circumvent copy-protection in commercial DVDs is illegal."

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripping

How is ripping data from games any different? Even if it isn't exactly illegal right now, which I believe it is, it will be soon. And, I believe the quote from the Game Content Usage Thread backs up this point.

In a seperate arguement, ever hear of ROMS. I'm sure most people have, and the rules with those are simple. You must own the game itself to actually legally own the ROM. So, if we applied that here then anyone with the game(Halo 3) is permited to have/own the data from it, correct?

Anyway, my ultimate point is this, I have been looking and seeking all over the internet for a way to obtain the data myself or from someone willing to share it. I just want them for the shear fact of having an accurate specific hardcopy reference, not just images to guess off of to help make my armor. I'm not going to sell, or pass, them off as my own work. The only place that truly is anywhere near being able to share it between it's users is this place. So, one - you guys can be proud how far ahead of the 'game' we are, and two - that sort of might make us a target say if we try to become a legit group in the eyes of Microsoft/Bungie. In fact, it might make it completely impossible.

Either way, what's done is done, no one is going to share this data publically on the forum again, I'm sure, but you might want to be a little more careful about saying where you got your stuff. Some might consider that bragging. We all just need to take care and responsibility for what we say.
Be honest...most of all with yourself.

-Magnum
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doom

Well-Known Member
23Magnum said:
Ok, again, I'm sorry, but in the parts of your post I put here, do you see anything wrong with what you said?
Let me put it this way...
"Ripping may not capture all data on an audio CD. CD-Text may be captured, but additional CD+G data such as lyrics and graphics present on some CDs may be ignored by ripping software, preventing an identical backup and recreation of the original CD.

Legal problems and status
Ripping also allows content to be losslessly copied for a very low or essentially zero cost and given to those who did not purchase it, possibly substituting for sales of content. Hence it has aroused fierce opposition by the recording industry, who view it as theft.

Since the music or video is transferred to a data file, the files can be shared with other computer users over the Internet.

Although it is legal in the United States to make backup copies of software, the legality of ripping music for personal use without the permission of the copyright holder is controversial. Historically, copying media for personal use was established to be Fair Use under U.S. Copyright by the Supreme Court in the Sony Betamax doctrine. On the other hand, the RIAA, which represents many music copyright holders has maintained that copying rights have not been granted to end users and that Fair Use does not apply.

Depending on the outcome of the trial including the RIAA v. Jammie Thomas, even ripping a cd without permission from the owner of the copyright, even for personal use may be illegal. Of course this may backfire since during the 80's creating a mix tape was legal, and was encouraged as part of the music experience. The RIAA may very well shoot themselves in the foot over this argument.

However, in oral arguments before the Supreme Court in MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster, Ltd., Don Verrilli, representing MGM stated:

'And let me clarify something I think is unclear from the amicus briefs. The record companies, my clients, have said, for some time now, and it's been on their Website for some time now, that it's perfectly lawful to take a CD that you've purchased, upload it onto your computer, put it onto your iPod. There is a very, very significant lawful commercial use for that device, going forward.'
Selling software to circumvent copy-protection in commercial DVDs is illegal."

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripping

How is ripping data from games any different? Even if it isn't exactly illegal right now, which I believe it is, it will be soon. And, I believe the quote from the Game Content Usage Thread backs up this point.

In a seperate arguement, ever hear of ROMS. I'm sure most people have, and the rules with those are simple. You must own the game itself to actually legally own the ROM. So, if we applied that here then anyone with the game(Halo 3) is permited to have/own the data from it, correct?

Anyway, my ultimate point is this, I have been looking and seeking all over the internet for a way to obtain the data myself or from someone willing to share it. I just want them for the shear fact of having an accurate specific hardcopy reference, not just images to guess off of to help make my armor. I'm not going to sell, or pass, them off as my own work. The only place that truly is anywhere near being able to share it between it's users is this place. So, one - you guys can be proud how far ahead of the 'game' we are, and two - that sort of might make us a target say if we try to become a legit group in the eyes of Microsoft/Bungie. In fact, it might make it completely impossible.

Either way, what's done is done, no one is going to share this data publically on the forum again, I'm sure, but you might want to be a little more careful about saying where you got your stuff. Some might consider that bragging. We all just need to take care and responsibility for what we say.
Be honest...most of all with yourself.

-Magnum
I'll keep it short since I have to go right now, But a few things.

-Don't mean to brag in anyway, was never my intention either.
-Until I find a clear statement ruleing ripping contents from a game illegal, I will continue to do so.
-Models are very easy to find online now thanks to our faithful Herogear and Vrogy, don't know why you have had trouble finding them.
-I've been honest all the way ;) .

-Doom
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nomadic Spoon

Jr Member
I don't want to really get involved, but I'm taking law in my year, so this seems like a good opportunity...

I am in no way taking sides in this debate. Someone wanted to know whether or not what they're doing is illegal.

Here is a link to US Copyright Laws

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/

While I won't go into detail on the entire thing, as it is a lengthy read, I do advise you to read it. Frankly, despite the fact no-one cares we're ripping...yeah.

EDIT: In order to reinforce the fact that I'm not taking sides, I will admit that this means I have participated in illegal activities via MJOLNIR. Is it really significant? No. Does anyone care? Probably not. But someone wanted facts.

I can get more resources on the subject from my Law teacher come Monday, if anyone wants it.
 
Top