Reach Armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Smooth Cast what you did for your helmet in your avatar picture?

The avatar picture is fiberglass resin and rondo, I just started trying out the smoothcast with my new armor and so far I like it only downfall I see right now is the initial cost for the smoothcast but in the long run I think it will cost less and I can do more armor with it.

are you willing to sell some handplates? :3

I probably will see about doing a run, the current one fit me and I wear large gloves but I will be making a smaller size for my other friend and making some Kat handplate since I am going to be having the whole team together

i think that the handplate is good enough for everyone.
its not to big and not to small... just sell it because its looks perfect and really professional ;)
on my future reach armor i will buy one for me ;)

I have finished my mold of the handplate and have done my first cast of the handplate here are some pictures. It will need some clean up but it isn't to bad

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

I will be painting it soon it wont be Jun's colors since I don't have them yet but figured I would see how it looks with color on it

Sorry I have been away from this but I was getting my old armor ready for Dragon con before and I have taken a little break for Halo: Reach. I will be getting back to this project soon but until that happens here are some pictures of the handplate paint with a quick paint job to show it off. I am thinking about sell some sets of them to help pay for my new armor build but this will depend on interest from people so without further a due here are the pictures.

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

These are size XL gloves I normally wear size L
DSC00291.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

Size Comparison to the Mark VI handplate
DSC00293.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

So I have been slacking on armor building lately but I have started again and I decided to try the foam armor method for my new suit here is some pictures for you to see.

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00337.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

There is still details and clean up to be done before I am ready for painting of it but I will say this was great to work with and should more comfortable than my last suit.

I had gotten the Helmet that Skylow had made a while back just haven't had the time or the good weather until now to start working on it but I have sanded it down and will be fitting a visor into it soon. I have also done some detail work to the chest piece.

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

I have some new updates for my armor and I have noticed making this that I have a hard time working on one piece at a time tend to jump around. I was surprised when I was able to finish one thigh in a few hours of work it is getting much easier to work with the foam now than it was at first and I think I am going to redo the forearms unless sanding down the current one gets it to a like able point. But here are some pictures

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

Here is a small update I have finished one shin and the cod

On the left I was making the shin and well I forgot the scale the pep file I was using as a pattern the right one is correct
DSC00366.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

Testing the shin and it is a perfect fit may not even need padding for it
DSC00364.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

The cod is still in need of some details but it also fits with no problems
DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

I didn't get too much done this weekend on my armor between having a major storm with Tornados and having friends come up for the weekend on short notice but I have some pictures of what I got done except for the helmet but I should have some soon of that.

Sanded the front sides down so they are somewhat flush to the rest still more to go on these.
DSC00372.jpg

Here some progress on a new forearm I decided to scrap the other one I started to make couldn't get the shape how I wanted by sanding and dremel
DSC00373.jpg

I completed the forearm but ran into a small issue it doesn't fit really. I can get it on but it is really tight but I am scaling it up about 10% and going with how I made this one. I also am going to play around with painting on this one and maybe I will have a girl that will want some Halo armor this will fit on.
DSC00374.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

And here is a preview at my next project. This is also a little small I guess I just couldn't size anything right this weekend but I think I know why this isn't the right size PDF files have a auto scaling feature and it was most likely still on when I printed but the plus side it wasn't my ink or paper use and it was just some extra poster board I have lying around. The black is what I am thinking for the visor area probably going to go with a sniper class Mando.
DSC00371.jpg

Til next update

So I didn't get much work done on my suit last week do to a cram session for a Apple course for Mac OS X 10.6 to get certified in like 2 and half days when I have just started using Macs for work but work paid for it and I was able to pass barely. But I have started some detail work on the armor this week although I still need to make the boots. I have got the base coat on the helmet but ran into the issue of finding the right color since I plan on having the same color of Jun because I plan to convert this suit to a Jun suit for D*con maybe we will see. I tested 2 colors on some handplates and I thing the second color looks better but I would be glad to hear from others what they think of the colors.

Helmet with the gap filled between the visor and edges
DSC00377-1.jpg

Primer on the helmet
DSC00378-1.jpg

After 3 coats of matte nickel
DSC00383-1.jpg

Testing colors the one on the left was my first try but doesn't seem right to me the right is the color I like better in this pic I hadn't weathered it
DSC00390.jpg

Here is after some weathering on the second color let me know what you think still plan to add some silver to the edges
DSC00392.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

New forearms right size this time XD
DSC00382-1.jpg

Started on the under armor for the thigh armor
DSC00381-1.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

Knee parts
DSC00380-1.jpg

Started on the shoulders some more
DSC00388.jpg

Under Armor for the sides of the chest still have to smooth it out and add the indents it has
DSC00384.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

Just got me a big tote that will hold all my armor in it instead of having two small one oh and this one has wheels :D
DSC00398.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back