Reach Build 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slimmed down the back belt pieces and they fit way better now, until I paint the pieces I’m not going to worry about them. Decided to move onto the boots but realized the boots I have no longer fit comfortably and I don’t want to risk making the boot armor and have it not fit...at least it’s looking good so far...
77F9CA0D-52A9-4B4B-906D-18DE5A6D5DC4.jpeg
At this point I’m either going to go buy new boots and some fabric for the gloves or start the chest piece... :(

Small inconsistencies like that are easily overlooked. Keep in mind that we are our own worst critique. We see monumental flaws in our work that other might see as slight imperfections. And for those that are ignorant of how that particular piece is so posed to look......will never even notice it. Just do the best you can. That is all you can do. Now if you don't like it.....that is fine. Just redo. Hell, do it 8 times......just don't announce it.....Guys around here won't let you live it down or forget about it.........trust me, I speak from experience. But its all in fun.

Hell, do it 8 times......just don't announce it.....Guys around here won't let you live it down or forget about it.........trust me, I speak from experience. But its all in fun.
There’s a story here... :3c

I’m going to start printing out the chest piece and cutting out the pieces...looking over it maybe cry a bit. I found an old boot tutorial for reach from back in 2011? That encloses the entire shoe, that might be a better and more affordable route at least until I find a job.

Well, its just the front plate section......there is still more to go. But from what I see it looks great. Pay a bit more attention to the seams and where you glue them. That lower section to the right isn't lined up, Nothing major, but it really stands out. Lines are cut straight and the rest of the seams are great......which is why that small spot stands out so much. Keep going but I would check the templates and sizing first. Do a test fit of the templates around your neck......if they fit then continue....if not......well, it depends on how close.

Well, its just the front plate section......there is still more to go. But from what I see it looks great. Pay a bit more attention to the seams and where you glue them. That lower section to the right isn't lined up, Nothing major, but it really stands out. Lines are cut straight and the rest of the seams are great......which is why that small spot stands out so much. Keep going but I would check the templates and sizing first. Do a test fit of the templates around your neck......if they fit then continue....if not......well, it depends on how close.
I'd say it's still well within the realm of fixing with Foam Putty or Kwik Seal. It looks great so far ZettaiKagerou, just a bit of cleanup and you'll have a top-tier build.

Pay a bit more attention to the seams and where you glue them. That lower section to the right isn't lined up, Nothing major, but it really stands out.
If you’re referring to this here:
B54C32C2-8503-4B40-A8CE-4C36AA2EBD64.jpeg
Then great news it’s not glued yet! I was too tired to trace out more pieces as I need them for the chest piece. Even though the files I’m using are foam friendly there are still some I just can’t fit or make work and end up free handing. As for sizing...I’ve never been able to size something properly before printing it...which is why I’ve been known to add pieces, omit others, tear apart glued seams, and saw stuff in half. I really do commit foam atrocities.

If you’re referring to this here:
View attachment 280759
Then great news it’s not glued yet! I was too tired to trace out more pieces as I need them for the chest piece. Even though the files I’m using are foam friendly there are still some I just can’t fit or make work and end up free handing. As for sizing...I’ve never been able to size something properly before printing it...which is why I’ve been known to add pieces, omit others, tear apart glued seams, and saw stuff in half. I really do commit foam atrocities.
I know how you feel. I have committed many atrocities myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back