Reach foam armor and Pilot helmet wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha it looks awesome. The pics with fog/smoke are sick! And lol at the last one :D
Perhaps next, if you dont already have lights in your suit you can add those?

hey bro ive been watching this thread since it started looks awesome man u shud use the same foam to make a gun i did
DSCN0431.jpg

but you can do that or even better

DSCN0431.jpg

Hey brad, for that red chest piece i was wondering if that was l3xs chest piece and also want to know how you scaled it, my templates seem really small and i was hoping you could enlighten me. Thanks, muchley appreciated.

wow that is a frekin epic looking suit!!! =D just amazing man and the battle damage on the chest and shoulders looks great!

Flag goes on the right shoulder. Current unit patch goes on the left.

EDIT: Hmm... It's backwards, too. It should give the illusion that the flag is flying as the soldier moves forward.
It's not backwards, it's just Air Force, lol. They decided to have theirs different. Great build, man. I've been looking for a way to build some armor during my current deployment. I made a couple peps a long time ago and had a decent AR going, but never got past pep stage for my armor. Was going to fiberglass it and everything. But for all of that, you need a dust free environment, stable temps, and open area. Well, this is the dust capitol of the world and the temps are from 90 at night to 125 at noon. We have plenty of open space down here, but that brings us back to the dust....

TL;DR: I think I should try foam thanks to you ;)

I got a LOT done this weekend!

i casted an odst helmet - to use until the EVA is done
IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

Painted my torso
IMG_2372.jpg

Painted one of my shoulders
IMG_2373.jpg

Made the cod piece - NOT DONE - still needs detail
IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

And made the thighs.
IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

So far, i have used:

1. a six pack of foam mats from walmart
2. 1 cans of black spray paint
3. 1 can of yella paint
4. a can of plastidip
5. 4 packages of hot glue.

So far, this is turning out to be a farly inexpencive build - around 40 bucks so far.

tomarrow im gunna hit up walmart to get some more mats and glue!

THANKS for all the positive feedback!

Brad

what is the name and brand of foam you use cause i can't find any anywhere?

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

I'm not sure the brand, but they are found in almost every Walmart there is, back in the weightlifting section.

Walmart, in my area, sells the Gold's Gym branded ones. However, they are way too expensive at $19.99 each. I think I saw a different brand in Minnesota, but same price. Harbor Freight still has them for the least if you can get them on sale for $9.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back