Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some photos

[attachment=14755:small19.jpg]

[attachment=14753:small17.jpg]

[attachment=14754:small18.jpg]

tell me what you think.

THANK YOU!

Nice work on the helmet, Silversaw. Have you started the chest yet? I'm about 1/2 done pepping mine.

XxCALIBERxX said:
is that masking tape?

I believe you're looking at resin in varying degrees of saturation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, looking good! Glad to see someone else making some headway on this helm! So are you going to add the details later? You going to use stickies? Foam? Bondo? Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

MrOreo123 said:
Nice work on the helmet, Silversaw. Have you started the chest yet? I'm about 1/2 done pepping mine.I believe you're looking at resin in varying degrees of saturation.

yeah i started the chest a few days ago. i have the neck done and im starting down the back. I dont know if there are more pep files for REACH yet but i hope i can find them. I want a entire suit by the time Halo: REACH comes out.

Chevysrule said:
How much battle damage are you thinking of putting on this one?

A little less than my Mark V. Im still going to have some cause i love battle Damage. But i Really want this suit to look good for REACH

Brandon McClain said:
Hey, looking good! Glad to see someone else making some headway on this helm! So are you going to add the details later? You going to use stickies? Foam? Bondo? Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Oh yeah im adding detail. Ill be using bondo and paint. It wont be as detailed as some otheres cause of the Battle Damage im going to do.If you have seen my other Helms then you know me... I LOVE Battle Damage

Silversaw Jack said:
A little less than my Mark V. Im still going to have some cause i love battle Damage. But i Really want this suit to look good for REACH

Okay, that will look pretty cool. One more question, because I really liked the visor on your Mark V: what do you use for your visors? As in, plastic, vacu-formed stuff, etc.?

I was also thinking of making the Reach Helmet...which I will! Yours is looking great so far, is that the fiber glass already applied? oh and, for the reach stuff, theres only this helmet right? the commander doesnt has his chest yet I think...

I order my Visors From BELL HELMETS then i just bend and cut them the way i need them to. so yeah.And Aslo i have seen Another REACH Helm And just Peice. The Chest peice wasn't in Pep mode yet and I cant Find a link of Download For The reach Helm.

ok so I just started Fiberglassing My Chest Peice and I am waiting for the Resin to dry. Ill have photos up soon. Give me pointers for REACH Armor if u have any. I want this Suit to lok Really Good hahaTHANK YOU!

Sorry man, i think somethin was up wit my head that day, i was probably over using my brain.. :D.

It looks great all the same...

Cheers, Dave.

Brandon McClain said:

DONT use foam its EVIL (says with so much fear then pass out)

its hard to work with and doesnt sand

DONT DO IT

great job on the helm

I should say that this is quite an excellent build of the helmet. I should also apologize for posting a random link *Head/Desk ouch!*

Anyway, kudos on the helmet, hopefully someone can start work on the rest of the suit soon!

Ok Sorry I took so long But My Battle Damaged REACH Helm is Finished

[attachment=15042:small26.jpg]

[attachment=15044:small28.jpg]

[attachment=15043:small27.jpg]

[attachment=15039:small23.jpg]

I put lights in the Helm. I dont Really know where They go for real yet. But i really like them here.

[attachment=15040:small24.jpg]

[attachment=15041:small25.jpg]

Now i know not ALL the deatils are here. But Im really happy with it as it is.

I may put them in later. I know ill add a few things but for right now this is the way i like it.

THANK YOU!

Well I just remembered this helmet, and saw your progress, then remembered my question about your visors, so thank you for the information about that. Also, great job Silversaw. It's always fun looking at your work, because it is so battle damaged, something not that common around here (I think), and, of course, I really like the paint scheme/visor combo you use for your helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back