Reach helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyacis

Hey so i just remembered i never officially introdued myself so hello! i found out about this fro Lee's sniper on bungie.net and was amazed. i needed to make something for myself. so i decided i was going to the reach helmet without top by rundown. so here it is put together .

without top
PICT0145.jpg

with top
PICT0146.jpg
]

so if all goes good, i should be resining it tomorrow.

thanks! also, from what i've been reading fiberglass resin is toxic, which i figured. but what i was wondering was does it stay toxic after it dries? and i know people have said that aqua resin is what i should use. is that true? or can i use just the stuff i could get at like home depot or wallmart or something?

Looks good, I believe I will be starting a recon helmet later tonight still not 100% sure, I want them all...gotta get to work!

Hey, really nice work bro :D
Could you please post the link for the helmet? I can't seem to find it anywhere.... Thanks :D

thanks! sure here i got it from this thread here. and i think i'll order some aqua resin then tonight... hopefully have it soon

thanks! and i think i'm going to order it online. i heard you can call in if there is no distributor near you. so i'll call in and order that and the firberglass at the same time.

so while i'm waiting for the aqua resin to come in, i'm going to start peping the reach chest. what is the average measurement for a 6 foot tall person? because i'm getting H480/W522/D490 and that too me seems big. i could be wrong because i haven't actually printed it out yet, but i figured i'd try to save some paper if i could. i am doing the Reach_Chest_Unfold. i have no idea where i got it or who it's by... i just found it on my computer yesterday XD

Update!!

So yesterday my aqua resin I ordered finally came in!!!! yay!!!
So here is what I did yesterday..... (sorry about the picture size, my camera broke, this was the best I could get.)
PICT0147.jpg

It isn't as warped as it may seem here, its sitting on a weird angle.
PICT0148.jpg

The top warped.... :( but thats okay. I still think its a good job for my first time ever resining or fiberglassing anything.
PICT0149.jpg

lol trying to fit on the thing before sanding it down.

And I just got this in the mail today!

PICT0150.jpg

I'm so excited to go! I hope to see some of you there, and you should know who I am, i'm the person wearing the weird looking helmet (if I finish in time lol.) so I've started to sand and detail, I've mostly fixed the warp, its as good as its going to get, so I plan on finish sanding and detailing tomorrow, and to paint it tomorrow, its going to be a looong day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back