Reach Loadouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronster

I generally tend to go with the Sprint armor ability.

That or the armor lock, but it doesn't seem to work as well as I thought it would...

What do you guys use and why??

I am using the stalker ability. I think it pretimuch useful to be able to hide your self when there is to much people and then take them all one by one like a little sneaky bastard ^^.

Pat

Ive been using the stalker monstly it makes it easier to get around. i am loving the beta, and cant wait for the full game!!

I use the Airborne and Guardian.

I like the jetpack, because its easier to move around and easier to kill enemies for me.

And I also use the armor lock for protecting the flag and that other kid of games

it all depends on the map in my case. Generally I tend to do the sprint ability on powerhouse, and the jetpack on swordbase. During some circumstances though, I'll switch it up: depending on how the game is going or if I just want to have a bit of fun.

I use Airborne and Guard almost exclusively.

Airborne is great because it gives you a massive altitude and speed advantage, if used right, and makes reaching objectives so much easier. (Note it makes objective games harder because you get used to your speed, which is hampered so severely when you have an objective.)

Guard is good if you're guarding an objective or your stockpile point. Someone lobs a grenade or 2 your way, just armor lock for half a second, let off the control, and start owning. Note, however, assault teams are often two-man. One armor locker will NOT repel 2 enemy Spartans. However, should you have 2 armor-lockers, you're set.

Tips and tricks:

When using the jetpack, don't just hold down the button. Ascend to a good altitude and airspeed, then use short bursts of jetpack, combined with momentum, to keep you airborne. This yields maximum airtime, and I've crossed Powerhouse on a single airborne trip.

The jetpack is useful for climbing stairways on either side of Sword Base.

On Sword Base, if you fall off a ledge, use the jetpack in a short burst just before hitting the ground to prevent damage.

On Sword Base, get the Plasma Launcher and fly above the ground, locking onto enemies, then firing 2-shot bursts.

Use armor lock in short bursts. You don't get the EMP, but it recharges quicker, and lets you get back into the fight.

The best way to use armor lock is to wait for imminent death, such as grenades lobbed into a room, then lock until the 'nades explode. Unlock and blast the sorry sons of bitches who just rained on your parade.

Also, the default controller setup SUCKS. Use Recon if you liked the Halo 3 setup at all. It remaps the buttons, so B is melee, RB is action, LB is armor ability, and X is grenade selection.

I haven't found a use for the sprinting. \: 90% of the time I've played, I used my beloved Airborne, with the remainder being split between Guardian and Stalker.

I like sprinting and stalking, but I also like the one with the exploding codpiece when someone crouches up and down nearby jk

I use sprint, because I like getting to the objective or even the next enemy as fast as I can. Halo for me is the most fun when its fast-paced.

For me i'm a Sprinting/ stalking or a sprinting / airborne or guard. Sprint just helps me get around, can't be bothered walking.and combine it with airborne equals maximum lenght or combine it with guard- just run at a vehicle, thinking they will splat you and bam!Armor lock explosion. or stalkling with sprint- don't really see how that works, just looks cool if you do it fast.

I mostly end up using stalker since I only ever seem to end playing CTF on Powerhouse for some reason, so I always wanna run ahead to secure the flag. But I enjoy the Jetpack alot, I laughed my head off when I did an airbourn exacution!

Really depends on what mode we are doing. Defending the flag in single flag I generally use stalker and wait around. For attacking I normally do sprint.

Sword base is airborne most of the time but it still depends on the situation.

I normally go with jetpack, why? so I dont need to walk up stairs!

but when defending the flag, armorlock

On powerhouse I use jetpacks or sprinting. On swordbase I always use active camo. I never use armour lock as I think it's horrible.

I use armor lock when I am playing CTF and I am defending and the res of the time it if a mix between stalker and airborne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back