Props Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun Scratchbuild - Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick update: 3/12/12

Looks really good! Will be following along from here on out.
Cheers, keep up the great work.
Thank you! And its great that you are gonna stick around :D

great job man it looks really great =D keep it up
Looking great, nice attention to detail.

Thanks guys!

It doesn't look like much of an update, but that rail took FOREVER! I cut out and glued around 220 little rectangles to build up all those rail pieces.
m45_wip_20_by_izaak94-d4sofyk.jpg

Also in front of the top rail/sights segment you can see my test shell. I want to make a set of fake shells to load into the gun. Maybe even make a shell sleeve to strap onto any of my costumes

Small update: 3/14/12

Looks great so far! looking forward to the middle part of the gun :D
And it will most likely prove to be the most difficult portion. Partly due to the detail/shape of the pump, and the pump system itself. I'm working on how it will all function in my head.
It will finally be good to see it built.

WOW looks really good =D
Thanks man

wow the sights and rail are turning out really good :)
Thank you, I think I may have to do a little more work on the sights though. They look good from the top, but from the side you can see all the individual pieces that make it up, and it looks bad. May need to glue small cutouts to cover them up

The rail system looks awesome. You're fingers must be hurting after that one.:)
Yes they are, mostly from the heat of the glue gun. Because they were so small, I kept bumping my finger on the hot tip of the gun. OUCH
I mean even though its a low-temp gun, after getting enough of the burns, your fingers feel tender.

Okay Everybody, minor update this time. Whats my excuse? I wanted to give my back a rest, because my lower back started to ache all day the other day, and I realized it was because I was constantly leaning forward to use the glue gun, exacto out parts, etc. So I gave myself some time to rest. During that time I figured out how to make the pump function, so that will be next.

This picture is all I've got of progress, and all I've done is cut the metal pipe for the barrel and pump slide.
m45_wip_21_by_izaak94-d4svl93.png

Next step will be to build the housing around the barrel and that box thing at the end of the gun. After that it will be on to the pump.

Well, hope you all enjoy my wee little update, and maybe it'll entice you to come back and see the rest. :D

Looking great man, and dont worry i think you entice everyone, including me, to come and look at your post :) cant wait to see that pump

This is looking awesome, and I can't believe it's made from cardboard! I'm surprised I didn't comment earlier, must have forgot while I was lurking the thread. Looking forward to seeing the progress down the road. :D

Mini update: 3/17/12

This is looking awesome, and I can't believe it's made from cardboard! I'm surprised I didn't comment earlier, must have forgot while I was lurking the thread. Looking forward to seeing the progress down the road. :D
Well thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :]

And here is a tiny bit of progress for you. Couldn't do too much today, because my house was invaded by women for my sister's bridal shower.

Anyway here's what I got, start to the barrel/pump assembly.

m45_wip_22_by_izaak94-d4t5znj.jpg

Now that I have the barrel mounted I will start to make the rail guides and pump stuff. Cant wait to get it done and show you all!

Update: 3/18/2012

Dang, dude! You're doing one hell of a job!

Keep at it!

Looks great, It's moving along nicely.

Thanks guys!

Alright so here's a tiny bit of an update.

m45_wip_23_by_izaak94-d4tbege.png

There are a few issues I ran into, such as if you notice the seam under the end of the rear sight. That was because when I originally made that box with the barrel mounted in it, I accidentally glued it on the wrong spot, so I had to build a box to make it the right length. But then because of that error the barrel is a little bit too long, by about an inch and a half. But I dont really care too much about that. Also the seam wont be too visible after I make the rail guides and all the little details in that area.

Now If you can see it there, I started building the box frame thing that is the front of the shotgun. I dont plan on working anymore tonight, because exactoing out all the little holes in the pieces so the barrel can slide through it hurt my hand.

Well, thats what I got, and I hopefully will start to work on it more over the next few weeks to finis hit up, since Spring Break is coming up!

Updates! 3/19/12

Alright everybody, here's some notable progress! I've almost finished the end box thing (I still dont know what to call it! LOL)

Well, here is the gun so far:
m45_wip_24_by_izaak94-d4tf1zp.png

Close-up of the box:
m45_wip_25_by_izaak94-d4tf21q.jpg

All that is left is a small circle under the two on the bottom portion and its done.

Also I just got back from a trip to the stores to get some foam for details as well as for fixing up my Army Trooper Costume. So I took a piece and made the grip texture finally:
m45_wip_26_by_izaak94-d4tf23v.jpg

Well, that's what I have everyone. Stay tuned for more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back