Props Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun Scratchbuild - Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that box is spot on dude. Great work on the grip as well, its gonna look great painted :)

What does it cost to cast things, ive never looked into it?

Well for one you need silicone for a mold ,and fiberglass to make a mold jacket. so both of those are expensive, especially for something as large as a rifle. Then, you need the plastic to cast them in. Which is more money :C

Update: 3/22/12

OKAY I'M SO EXCITED ILL JUST POST THE PICTURES FIRST, TALK LATER!

m45_wip_27_by_izaak94-d4tq1fs.jpg

Alright, now that my slight affliction with caps lock is over, I can talk normally. The shotgun is finally ONE WHOLE PIECE! (sorry, caps lock relapse :p) I used to keep it in halves, so I could work on it easier. But now that its mostly done ,and all that remains is the pump handle and injector port, I figured now was the time. Unfortunately in doing that, and adding the newest details (the pump rail detailing you can see in the lower pic) I have run out of hot glue. Do not fret people ,for I will journey to the dollar store in Saturday in search of the vital glue. :p

Also in the upper left you can see the start of my costume WIP, fixing up my old ODST helmet. That's right, I'm rejoining the ranks of the ODST as a Halo Reach ODST.

m45_wip_28_by_izaak94-d4tq1kx.jpg

And even though it isn't complete, I just couldn't resist posing for pictures.
(I bet you guys totally love my visor, 100% NOT photoshoped *cough* that's a lie! *cough cough*)

Well, seems I might just get this bad boy done over spring break. Lets all hope I don't get lazy! :p

Also I just realized I read this post wrong:

Haha yeah, isn't this weapon over four feet long?
Its actually just over THREE feet, not four, what I said earlier is false. Its 40 inches, about 3 and 1/3 foot.

Also I just realized I read this post wrong:

Originally Posted by Noskey
Haha yeah, isn't this weapon over four feet long?
Its actually just over THREE feet, not four, what I said earlier is false. Its 40 inches, about 3 and 1/3 foot.

Oh, my bad, I was thinking of the M90A, which is 48.8 inches.

Dude... this... is... AWESOME!!!

Do you plan on bondo'ing it then use it to make a mold then make tons of them? I'm sure a ton of people would want one of these babies! The detailing is extremely well done!

Cant wait to see the finished product!

Dude... this... is... AWESOME!!!

Do you plan on bondo'ing it then use it to make a mold then make tons of them? I'm sure a ton of people would want one of these babies! The detailing is extremely well done!

Cant wait to see the finished product!

I plan to take a spray bottle of two part resin and spray it to water proof it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back