Reach Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay! update! I finished the helmet. All I plan to do is paint the UNSC logo and the serial ID on the back.

I have started the armor.

I have, the chest piece fibreglassed, both upper and lower arms resined, Stomach plate resined and pelvis piece resined.

my dad's friend is an electrician so he's going to help me light up my suit and I'm planning to attach my ipod touch to my arm, (similar to Carter's arm)

and have speakers on the back. I already bought all the supplies I'm just waiting for the resin and fiberglass stage to finish.

same with the pepping of the shins and thighs.

I also made a custom spine piece that attaches to the torso - pelvis piece.

I will upload pictures as soon as I have some progress up, because everybody can pep and resin a piece : )

004-1.jpg

001.jpg

BAM!

took me from the start of the beta to get me to where I am now, summer is coming along very soon so I'll be working a ton to get it finished in time!

I also finished a FJ/PARA shoulder piece which isnt in the picture and completely resined the pelvis piece.

I'll definatly help out :p

I can't believe the amount of dedication and patience it takes to complete a suit, this is my first one, so I'm alittle newbie.

eh, I am starting from the bottom and working my way up... So far i have got the shins and boots done, about to move onto the thighs.

MikyVengeance said:
which files are you using?

how was the build? :p

I am using rundowns model with Brandon McClain's unfold zip file... So far the only rough spot has been the shins other than that its pretty easy. just like any other pep you do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE!

So far I have:

Helmet [x]
Chest Piece [x]
Stomach Plate [x]
Left Upper Arm [x]
Right Upper Arm [x]
Left ODST Shoulder [x]
Right ODST SHoulder [x]
Left Lower Arm [x]
Right Lower Arm [x]
Left Lower Arm Attachment [x]
Left Handplate [ ]
Right Handplate [ ]
Pelvis Piece [x]
Left Thigh [x]
Right Thigh [x]
Left Shin [ ]
Right Shin [ ]
Left Boot [ ]
Right Boot [ ]

I am almost done, I'm missing the lower parts the most.

Here's my custom Carter Attachment:

006.jpg

I'm using my iPod touch for it, I never use it anymore and it's going to be attachable, I'm going to secure my case to it and it slips off the bottom.
I might get headphones to the helmet or something.

I got my ODST shoulders done, pretty easy file to pep.

005-1.jpg

I still have to finish sanding my forearms and then finally paint them.

I think the hardest task of this whole project is going to be getting everything to stay on me securely.

Last edited by a moderator:
That... is... freakin... AWESOME!! You did a great job!
Do you think you could post up a tutorial on how to install the Itouch? that would be awesome

[...]

[Picture of iPod Touch in attachment piece (Imagine it here because I left it out due to size reasons :D)]

I'm using my iPod touch for it, I never use it anymore and it's going to be attachable, I'm going to secure my case to it and it slips off the bottom.

[...]
I'm not much of an Apple fan, but that's amazing!

I'm not much of an Apple fan, but that's amazing!

haha I don't even use it for music :p
only games and apps, I use my zune for music : D

thanks everyone : ) I think the attachment will entertain me for when I'm just waiting for midnight release :p

I will definatly make a tutorial as I go along with it :p
I'm using a hardcover case that has a removable bottom clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back