Reasons To Tell My Mom So I Can Make Some Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akcent:Stryker said:
i don't have any good ideas. i told her the few i did, but she wants a few more any ideas? thanks
First of all you need to explain her the dangers of using resin and fiberglass.
Tell her that this can be avoided by using a respirator.
You will need to make sure she agrees with your financial budget, armor making is not cheap.
Last reaseon: Arm0rzz R k1cK aZzz!!!

-FSS

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell your mom that if she had two choices, you doing drugs, and drinking alcohol, and smoking OR making armor, in the confines of your home dwelling, which would she pick? Once she answers that, tell her, I'm glad you'd rather I didn't do drugs or take alcohol, and I'm glad you see things my way. Thanks for supporting me mom ;)

Good luck!

1: but mom everyone else is doing it...
2: it's cheaper than a car.
3: could be worse I could be cross-dressing
4: better than spending $800 for the official costume
and last but not least
5: its a healthy, artistic expression, of one of my hobbies

darkesword2020 said:
Tell your mom that if she had two choices, you doing drugs, and drinking alcohol, and smoking OR making armor

hey!! dont be hating on the smokers... its our choice and if we want to slowly kill ourselves, and make the overall quality of life less than its our choice. as long as you are of age.

hmmm... when put that way it makes one think.

DreadMullet said:
hey!! dont be hating on the smokers... its our choice and if we want to slowly kill ourselves, and make the overall quality of life less than its our choice. as long as you are of age.
hmmm... when put that way it makes one think.

Haha, it wasn't about the hating, just giving him a reason to convince his mom, we all know mom's would rather we not smoke regardless, so it helps him out ;)

But I will say...smoking isn't exactly good for you either.

Ok, basically, list to your mom every single thing worse that you could be doing than making armor, and you should be fine.

Just remember to keep your grades up.

A very short list of worse things you could be doing:

Any kind of drugs
Alcohol
Smoking
Underage "activities"
Animal abuse

etc

Just in case you need a few more reasons, I would tell her that building paper forms builds patience as well as technical skill in software programs ;)

Crucible said:
Nothing wrong with crossdressing o_O

What you do in your basement in your own spare time is none of our business... j/k hahaha!

Anyway, tell your mom that it'll be really fun and that you're worth it. Also, be ready to shell out the $150.00 for the materials and an extra $60 for the respirator. If you have the money on hand then i'm not entirely sure that she can stop you... at least that's how it went with my parents back in the day.

Just don't go selling crack to get the money!

HeavyGunner said:
Just in case you need a few more reasons, I would tell her that building paper forms builds patience as well as technical skill in software programs ;)

my dads a program manager at adobe so software thing could work

don't forget to mention aqua resin non-toxic(err still by a resperator) and say this way for about 100 dollars i can have a holloween castume for several years, saved ya fifty bucks a year right there

Master Chief is Awesome
MJOLNIR Armor is Awesome (Ma-yole-near, I think)
405th is Awesome

If she says no, say "You don't want me, YOUR CHILD, to be awesome?!" And cry. Don't forget the crying its the key :eek:

Tell her that when it's done you'll never need another costume again.

I dunno if thats true, but that'll work for a Mom. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back