Recon And Mark 6 Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laddergoat

Hello everyone at 405th, I'm gonan start with intoduce myself or maybe i should say us as I and my friend share this account, My name is Jarl and my friends name is Dennis, We are two swedish guys who love halo and recently started to make halo armor, we are turning 18 this year so out progress in building is slow as there is school and being a poor student doesn't help :rolleyes

We have just started so we haven't gotte very far, actually we are only just finishing our helmets and its almost been a month, as i mentioned we are swedish and in sweden or at least in halmstad where we live you can't buy aquaresin. We have looked everywhere but couln't find it, so we have been using something which i beleive would be translated to putty for the outside of our helmets and for the inside we have been using putty with fiberglas in it, and it have worked quite good, but i don't know if its equally good as aquaresin and we haven't gotten a chance to see how hard it makes the helmets, but our helmets are quite hard. If i would drop one of our helmets to the ground it would probably at most just crack a little.

I'm not so sure at this moment which files we have been using for the helmets but i'm gonna find that out so we can give credit to the right poeple.

More pictures will be coming shortly :p

I think most people tend to work with photobucket, imageshack, or they upload images to the gallery here on the site and link them.

Usually I make sure the images are 8x10 inches at 72 resolution. Be sure to keep your resolution at 72 or around there so they'll load alright.

And good luck!

Thanks for the help and support Hugh, And solo-knight that is one awesome armor, is that some kind of special file for the recon helmet with a lamp or is that like a piece you can put on there? :)

wow the difference from bondo-smoothed is crazy on that helm.

Nice job on the details. Did you use a dremel for all the sanding?

Thanks a lot Yeroc :) a pretty big update to the recon helmet, I have done the lines on the helmet and added those 4 "stripes" on each side of the helmet. i have also done one layer of paint. I'm giving my helmet a metallic blue, with i think black details i haven't decided yet. I know its pretty shiny but hey! I can always repaint it if i'm not happy with the end result. oh and the thingie ontop is loose, by the way can anyone tell me what that thingie actually is? :p

So if you wanted to use aqua resin I am guessing that the product you did use was also nontoxic. Can you give the exact name in Swedish? I looks really nice when sanded. Oh and I have no Idea what that thingy is.

The main building material is all from a company called plastic padding, the products we have been using are: Glasfiberspackel and elastic super spackel, the glasfiberspackel went inside the helmet, its pretty much putty with fiberglas in it and the elasttic super spackel is pretty much only putty, or at least i think its translated to putty. after we were done with all the sanding we sprayed out helmets with sputspackel and that would be like putty on a spraycan just to fill upp some really tiny holes. I beleive that the products we have been using are toxic, we have always been using respirator during the build for safety. Oh and we also had this tiny can of clay for building upp corners and stuff. :cool

Hey everyone, i just a minor update :) i just added some battle damage to my recon, its not super awesome and its not finished but i just wanted to know what you all think. Oh and which color would look good with this metallic blue on i mean for my details :)

got armour said:
OmG this is beautifull i cant wait for final paint job im so excited

Thanks a lot! i'm pretty excited myself! :D

Condor said:
WOW this is looking great, keep it up!!!!

Thanks mate! We are really having a blast building our helmets hopefully we are gonna start the pepping of our chest pieces soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel sorry for anyone not speaking swedish who can't comprehend the hillariousness of "sprutspackel". Are you using the sprutspackel to help with smoothing? BTW, spackel is body filler. You guys should look into Biltemas products, about 1/3 of the cost of Plastic padding, yet AFAIK equally as good. Doesn't cost too much to try at least.

I might be stating the obvious here, but yellow goes pretty good with blue. Orange or red should also do fairly good. Look into complementary colours (komplementfärger), and you'll be able to figure out what works best on your own.

AceHigh said:
I feel sorry for anyone not speaking swedish who can't comprehend the hillariousness of "sprutspackel". Are you using the sprutspackel to help with smoothing? BTW, spackel is body filler. You guys should look into Biltemas products, about 1/3 of the cost of Plastic padding, yet AFAIK equally as good. Doesn't cost too much to try at least.

I might be stating the obvious here, but yellow goes pretty good with blue. Orange or red should also do fairly good. Look into complementary colours (komplementfärger), and you'll be able to figure out what works best on your own.

Thanks for the tip about biltema i wouldn't mind this to be a little cheaper :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hai everyone! Dennis and Jarl here dropping in with some updates! So this is where we're at, I (jarl) have pretty much finished my helmet, i got some painting left to do and i got my visor left to cut and put in there, and some minor details. and Dennis have just started painting his helmet, he is done with the smoothing and just added a scratch from a big 'ol brute on the side of his helmet it looks pretty badass, at least we think so :coolgonna dump some pictures of both the helmets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back