Recon helmet build! -problem before even starting- Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after playing a bit of reach in custom games, like the good ol' times (cant find a lot of people who still play it) i thought i should make something like my armor. . . now, a couple of days later, im just back from the print shop (i wanted to print it in fairly stiff paper) since "card stock paper" basically in greece applies to paper ranging from cardboard you'd use in walls, to near regular paper and i my printer of course, didnt support anything other than regular paper. Now this is where the problems begin.. The printer-person-bloke-thingy (what do you even call him?) got the paper thickness wrong but that isnt the only problem. I had this printed http://www.405th.com/mjolnir-powered-assault-armor-recon/download-334-halo-reach-recon-helmet.html (thanks again for the file! ITS AMAZING!) but the problem is, i wanted to print WITH the texture so that i could then cut out the visor when its done. However, since it was printed on black and white (i was going to paint it either way, after the fiberglassing and bondo-ing) but i cant make out most of the lines in the dark areas! Of course, a simpler idea now would be to reprint with color but i am afraid that it still might have the same problem. So of course, the next idea would be to print with no texture. Right? Welp, there's a problem there. The visor doesnt have any lines sepparating it from the rest of the face so i do not have the slightest idea what will i need to cut out!
And thus, (if you're even still here, and not tired of my endless rambling) we "reach" (pun maybe unintentional) to my enquiery. Do any of you have the halo reach version of the helmet (in pepakura files) without the visor? Or perhaps a version with a visor which outlines it, without textures? i particularly want the halo reach version and not the halo 3 or halo 4 models. Any help as to how i could at least remove it in pepakura would also be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance, have a nice day!
Cheers!

PS: how do you suggest i should make the visor? Motorcycle helmet visor perhaps? Suggestions?

Why not save yourself the effort and use a reference picture to show where the visor should be cut? It's more effort-efficient to do that than it would be to create a new file for you - though, if you're heart-set on it, I could make you up a quick visor template for you to use as a guideline to cut your visor out with.

Why not save yourself the effort and use a reference picture to show where the visor should be cut? It's more effort-efficient to do that than it would be to create a new file for you - though, if you're heart-set on it, I could make you up a quick visor template for you to use as a guideline to cut your visor out with.

Hey, thanks for your reply :D Well, i guess i will just use reference pictures. Anyway, thanks for offering though! It was just an enquiery to make it more precise. Have any good tutorials / advice on i could mess around with the pepakura files? i could just print the visor part in texture and cut out what i dont need from the one without.
Cheers!

Hey, thanks for your reply :D Well, i guess i will just use reference pictures. Anyway, thanks for offering though! It was just an enquiery to make it more precise. Have any good tutorials / advice on i could mess around with the pepakura files? i could just print the visor part in texture and cut out what i dont need from the one without.
Cheers!
I think i solved it. I just select the pieces one by one and then find them on the bad print. Crisis averted. And the day is saved! Thanks to. . uh. .Well i guess i only have Chernobyl to thank! But i feel that i should thank the entire community for this small "victory" of mine. I doubt i can name it anything else xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back