Recon Helmet (H3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in as 0.4mm nozzle, 24% infill, 0.2mm layer height, 60mm/s, 100mm/s travel speed, 210° nozzle, 50°C bed.
View attachment 268758

That's pretty much my go-to settings when printing armour and other large pieces to keep print times below two days. Obviously you'll want to adjust depending on your printer and material but these settings rock.
Did you print an ODST helmet in this orientation?

Did you print an ODST helmet in this orientation?
Yes?

I split most of my piece up so they fit in a printers max volume. That ODST helmet was four separate pieces with flat planes of splits on the printbed.

Did anyone get one already scaled and sliced up? love the file but it's pretty hard to scale such a high poly model without lag. great file though

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for this, been after the H3 version since looking at 3D printing.

I've had to scale it up a bit as from what I could tell the height from the top of the head to the floor was just under 7 inches which was a bit too small for me.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for this file. I have been looking for a Halo 3 recon helmet to print for a while. I printed mine by splitting the file into 10 pieces. Unfortunately I had not scaled it properly but did not realise until after printing a few pieces but still finished the rest as I was making it for display anyway. Here are a few pics of the finished helmet. (still need a visor)

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 355
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 344
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 332
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 349
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for this file. I have been looking for a Halo 3 recon helmet to print for a while. I printed mine by splitting the file into 10 pieces. Unfortunately I had not scaled it properly but did not realise until after printing a few pieces but still finished the rest as I was making it for display anyway. Here are a few pics of the finished helmet. (still need a visor)
That looks epic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back