Recon Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
you first have to ask yourself who would buy it when for the price of printer paper, card stock and a little time, they can have their own.

Depends also if it's fiberglassed, bondoed, painted.

Visor or no visor.

Leds or no Leds (is there Leds on the Recon?)

Then you are already on the wrong path. If you factor in your time along with your materials costs, you'd sell a whole lot before you broke even. If you want more money, get a second job.

Also, given the fact that the Recon isn't as well known as the Mark V/VI, it's not going to sell as well to the overall market, only to diehard Halo fans.

But you shouldn't build something EXPECTING on selling it, especially if it's your first. You should build it out, see how it is, and then either sell that or make a better one.

JOtheHOBO said:
People will buy it because every one wants Recon. And this is not my first hemet I know what I am doing

As stated above only the true die hard halo fans are gonna know what recon armor is, let alone spend alot on buying someones model of it. The casual gamers really will only reconize the MK. V or VI, it's the most popular. Not EVERYONE wants recon, half of them couldn't even point it out ot you. Do you're research.

Last edited by a moderator:
leftnut027 said:
As stated above only the true die hard halo fans are gonna know what recon armor is, let alone spend alot on buying someones model of it. The casual gamers really will only reconize the MK. V or VI, it's the most popular. Not EVERYONE wants recon, half of them couldn't even point it out ot you. Do you're research.

o_O?? Basically everyone online bought ODST and have Recon. Why wouldn't they want to get a real recon helmet? Casual Gamers are pretty rare. I don't see them too much and even if I do, they either wear a Hayabusa or ODST or maybe CQB and when they find out about Recon then they will crave for it. Do you're research and stop being such a know it all. I think the Recon will sell good because I am seriously tired of the MasterChief Helmet. Sure NOT EVERYONE wants Recon but mostly everyone wants it. Although 405th website isn't used as a 2nd job. Really even if this is the noob forum I still think it is horrible for the thread starter to post this. If you say you did this for a while, please watch the orientation video before you get banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the guy above said "counting chickens before they hatch".

This armor is done because of the passion we share for this game, it's not something we want to profit on.

If you happen to make a nice costume and take your time, money and effort you will get results with your armor.

If you happen to make something really cool, someone might come to you and ask to buy it.

Making good looking armor is not easy, most of the well known armor makers have made dozens of builds before actually finishing a Armor piece that they might sell.

Costuming is not going to earn you money, you might get something back, but it will be difficult to profit...

Making armor out of greed, is like raising a son without love. It wont turn out well in the end

I remember one guy who was making Hayabusa Armor just for money...

- KDR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back