recon (reach) helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
The finished product looks great. You salvaged the color really well. Sometimes battle damage really is all it needs. I've been thinking about the problem you had with it riding high and realized what the problem was. The scale was off by just a small amount. That is why your able to just use a beenie for padding. If it was scaled to the right size the beenie wouldn't provide enough padding. But, having said that I did like your creative fix to the problem. I would spent way too long building a new helmet before I even thought of just building up the bottom with epoxy.

Cudos on the finsihed project. You've done very well for your first, especially on your own.

The finished product looks great. You salvaged the color really well. Sometimes battle damage really is all it needs. I've been thinking about the problem you had with it riding high and realized what the problem was. The scale was off by just a small amount. That is why your able to just use a beenie for padding. If it was scaled to the right size the beenie wouldn't provide enough padding. But, having said that I did like your creative fix to the problem. I would spent way too long building a new helmet before I even thought of just building up the bottom with epoxy.

Cudos on the finsihed project. You've done very well for your first, especially on your own.

thank you so much that means a lot to me :] next time i make a helm i ll do a better job, 405th totally made it possible for me and without all of your supprt it prob would have been bad and made me sad

hey, your helmet looks awesome, the only thing i would tweak is the outer chin parts, the shape is a little off, but it looks easy enough to fix that a little sanding would do the trick. again, your work is amazing keep building
Alex

Hey, what pep file did you use for this helm? I'm making my recon today and just wanted to see if its the one you are using because yours is IMACULATE!!!!

Hey, what pep file did you use for this helm? I'm making my recon today and just wanted to see if its the one you are using because yours is IMACULATE!!!!

The original was from another site but im sure any recon helmet would do. I made the modifications with clay to turn it into a reach version and add all the missing detail, and later did a mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back