Recon W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftndirekt

Jr Member
well i decided to redo my entire recon helmet this weekend. The other one was just too frustrating to work with because the cardboard i used was way too thick

*update*

IMG00125.jpg

IMG00126.jpg

IMG00131-1.jpg

Wow! With that cardboard, the pep looks really solid! Very clean build. What exactly did you use? Is there a specific weight you buy?

centerside said:
looks real symetrical :D great job, nice pep work too.
thanks!

waterNIG said:
where did you get your recon pep file??
its the same one from the wiki i just didnt like the unfold so i redid it and covered the pep in cardboard

Alexvago said:
the green recon looks great!
yeah thanks but its not finished cause theres so much stuff wrong with it :cautious:

carpathiavh99 said:
Is the green helm your old one? They both look really good.
yup its the one i started last summer haha

Das Brutus said:
Well done! I haven't peppped a helm yet, but when I see work like this, I feel I kinda have to!
well good luck! i hope to see some progress soon

Hale said:
Wow! With that cardboard, the pep looks really solid! Very clean build. What exactly did you use? Is there a specific weight you buy?
thanks!
well im not really sure what kind of weight it is but its the exact same thickness of the cardboard used for cereal boxes
i hope that makes sense

sorry it took so long for the update, i was into some intense matchmaking games earlier :p
oh yeah i almost forgot. i am baffled about how im going to do the "tube" part of the helmet. any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you describe as the "tube" part of the helmet? (woohoo!! 60th post = Veteran!!)

daftndirekt said:
sorry if i wasnt clear
i ment this part

re.jpg
ah ok the pic helps thank you
i would suggest rubber tubing
the most common kind i see is black
i have it on my aircompresser and a camping power cord
you should be able to just pick up some from a Home Depo

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the compliments. i decided to just use some wire covering for the tube part or whatever its called :p. i also got the faceplate thing done too. almost ready for fiberglass and bondo :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back