Record Breaking Pace! Halloween 2010 Grey Knight Armor from pep to finish in 13 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaynne

OK guys i have been working on small pieces of gear, for about 3 months and i have gotten the folding resin/bondo sanding and painting down pretty good so im gonna try something at the advice of my fiance, im going to try to make a full suit of grey knight armour for halloween of this year, i finished the chest today, in one hour i start the resin and fiberglass stage, and for the next 12 days i am going to be juggling pep files and armour pieces, in a mad dash to achieve the impossible, a 2 week pep-to-performance suit of grey knight terminator armour, i will include pics as soon as i find a server to host the pics on or am allowed to post attachments, wish me luck and help keep me motivated

g/l and photobucket is one of the easyest places to host pics on.(i have used it for many years without a single problem.)

O.O This looks like it could be interesting. This is a big project, and I wish you the best in finishing it in time. (p.s Awesome idea in choosing a Grey Knight as an armor choice!!)

alright got the chest piece finished and resin coated unfortunately my dog thought it would be an awesome idea to knock over my work table and it fell, i learned that wet paper doesnt like to feel pressure lol, already repepping a new chest should be done in a few hours and then its off the the races once again

shinguards and right arm done, 8 days to go, stupid camera died but ill have a new one to take pics of the halloween party and suit, thighs are problematic but i think baling wire will solve the caving in problem, if anyone has any ideas on how to build a powerfist of any pep files i would be forever grateful for the info, oh and i realized a flaw in my design that forced me to have to readjust everything to fit...... TERMINATORS ARE HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had to build animatronic hands since i did the chest to scale, if i made the arms to fit i wouldnt be able to put my arms down, but recalculated and a back on track, just need powerfist so i can fit the nemesis cannon to it and i should be ready for final touches

I thought normal powerarmour would be hard enough to tackle.

On the subject though, i did make a Bloodangels powerfist once for gamesday with scout armour.
It wasn't the prettiest to look at, but it was functional.

This one is not going to be easy, i can tell you that much.
You basiclly take a glove (preferably a motorcycle glove, cause it's already reinforced.) Then make a bigger glove around it to scale the size of the actual powerfist. If you still want to use your fingers then you'll have to take some wire. And this is the tricky part. One end goes to the motorcycling glove and other needs go inside the powerfist. attach wires accordingly otherwise it won't work. It should speak for itself, but you never know.

The wires shouldn't be that hard, making sure the powerfist's fingers move with your own fingers is though. There is a certain amount of tension you want to put on there. I used cheap bass strings, they are quite thick so you'll need to make sure you have room to spare. don't really know what other kind of matirials you can use for that part though, cause i just started with the bass strings.

Also, i don't have any pepping files for you, i'm sorry. I build it using a powerfist model as example and build the whole thing from scratch.

Hope this helps you allong though.
Good luck and have fun.

Sincerily yours,
Engineer.

helps more than you know, i saw a youtube video on an animatronic hand that works well enough as a proof of concept for the starcraft intro where titus is getting stuck in his prisoner armour, and yours sounds like something along those lines. i go to pick up motorcycle chain to cut down for the fingers today i already have the handplate itself constructed so its just a matter of connecting the bike chain, running the cables to the guide tubes and setting the tension, then i have to scratch build the casing which should be loads of fun, god news is my boss is a game nerd from back in the days of the d&d craze so he's making sure i get time at work in one of our spare store rooms for assembly/fiberglassing.......... 7 days to go, i might pull this one off.

SUFFER NOT HTE UNCLEAN TO LIVE, THERE ARE NO INNOCENTS

Good to hear i could be of some help.

Make sure to make photos. whould love to see those.

Sincerily yours,
Engineer.

legs done hot-gluing straps as i type, working on forearms tonight, hope to have them both resined before bed, still waiting for my hockey gloves to come in, it all depends on fed ex now, well that and me not remembering to sleep for more than 4 hours a day (not all at once) bike chain should come in tomorrow so i can make the right power fist, proof of concept test was able to pick up and hold a staff like weapon and my scratch built hammer, so tomorrow i begin making the one that counts along with everything else at my current pace i should be done by 6 pm saturday evening, which is great since i have to be at work for the halloween party at 8 pm saturday evening.

SUFFER NOT THE WITCH, PSYKER, NOR XENO TO LIVE. THERE ARE NO INNOCENTS

as it is 8 o'clock in the morning and i am just getting home from a 3 day stay in the hospital for exhaustion, i cant say that i succeeded in my work to get the suit done for halloween, i didn't even get to enjoy halloween this year. in my zeal to bring the truth to the masses, i failed to get enough sleep, and, after dropping like a stone at work and being rushed to the ER, i had apparently been working so hard on my armour that the minimal amounts of sleep and food intake (40 hours work week, 12 hours of sleep total across 9 days, until blackout that is) caused my epic failure to complete my suit of Terminator armour, however a few friends have decided to help me finish it. so im gonna rest up for about a week, and then finish My wargear at a leisurely pace, i will be finished however, by animecon in dallas next year, so anyone planning to attend, be on the lookout for a giant Grey Knight, if anyone is a member of Obscurus crusade take a look at schrambo's posts it will be something around that scale (i just hope i can still fit into human bathrooms) anyway the darkness she beckons, and this time, i'm gonna listen. until i wake

SUFFER NOT THE WITCH, NOTR PSYKER, NOR XENO TO LIVE
INNOCENCE PROVES NOTHING

rest easy battle brother. you have fought in his name, with zeal, with pride but most of all, with the will of the Imperium. Therefor you have not failed. May you rest easy till you recover. you are lucky, your wounds would have killed a mortal thrice over. till the morrow *makes sign of the Aquila*

Zacharia
Warp Ghosts
Third Company

WIP Threads need WIP pictures, and this one's gone on long enough without any.

Locking it until you've got pics to add, PM me when you're ready and I'll unlock it.

it has been a while since i was able to work on my armor, and due to a slight miscalculation during a recent renovation, i successfully managed to hire the only construction crew in town capable of crashing through the ceiling directly over my workbench where my original pieces were sitting in wait for me to return to the task. oh well time to restart, that last project was fraught with setbacks from the first day anyway. so here is my second attempt at a suit of grey knights battle armour. this time with pics

IMG_0089-1.jpg

here is my chest 99.3% finished just a few strips of paper, a couple braces to fix the slight warpage and a coat of resin to harden and ill be moving on to the lower half

IMG_0089-1.jpg

ok so update time i know its been a while since i made any progress posts but life gets in the way, however i do have good news i recently started the project again, and have managed to repep my chest piece (5th time emperor protect this one, or I'm becoming a World Eater!!) and have also gotten the new legs and my sword arm forearm complete. here are a few pics to show my progress. i decided after having the repep the chest so many times to go ahead and make the rest of the pieces out of foam since its so nice to be able to squish something and have it pop back into shape without major patchwork, but here are a few of the pics and ill be posting more this weekend after the rest of my foam comes in and i get started on the hardening processes.
the first 2 are the inner skeleton of the legs i shold be finished putting the top pieces on by sunday morning
IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back