Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
117th vote! I feel special... and have nothing to add at all... Now I feel useless, but I like the idea seeing that I have no armor and a few weapons... I have to find a way to do the barcode on the back of the neck...

Friendly said:
117th vote! I feel special... and have nothing to add at all... Now I feel useless, but I like the idea seeing that I have no armor and a few weapons... I have to find a way to do the barcode on the back of the neck...
woot!

edit: ok someone send me a transparent picture of our logo. i got one :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I haven't been around lately, got a lot going on right now. Been searching for a job too. Anyway...

Spartan137 said:
This could be just barely beyond post-mortum, but whatevs.

That's true. The recruit stuff would be excellent for last minute things. From what I've heard, our armor can get pretty bad inside. I suppose if you had your BDUs and Tee because you where hot is alright. But the Tee should probably be labeled with an "Out of Uniform" tag on the back, just to show that we aren't all morons who claim to have armor and don't.

Perhaps different ones?

For example:

Out of uniform - for those who are taking a break
Spotter - for spotters
In Training - for those whos armor is not complete,but they are showing progress

I dunno...I'm half asleep right now so that probably either
A) doesn't makes sense
:cool: is stupid

Again, I'm just posting off the top of my head. Its good to get feedback and brainstorming works better with lots of people :) I'd post more,but I have to go for a run so I can get some sleep.

Cya guys later.

Kaya Tetsu said:
Thanks for your input guys.

Yes Kaya, keep tabs. Accountability, and encouragement work great. :D

I'm new here in the 405th. You're right and smart. Something I always try to do is use other people's experience and combine our efforts/ideas like you are doing here. Bravo!! :D Let me know if you think I should start a new topic for this:

This message is for every member of 405th:

We could all really help each other out by building just ONE component each. We could form groups of ten. This way if there's 1000 of us, we could all help build a HIGH quality suit. If we each save out $100.00 ea. (which is nothing, even reachable for a high schooler)X 10 = $1000/ component/component group. That gives us 100 component/component groups to focus on. When you divide a suit up into 100 systems each group can put all their focus on one area and we can make/assemble a far superior suit. We will have a total of $100,000.00 to wisely invest into the suit. I myself will be able to invest MUCH more than the $100.00 minimum. Even much more than $1,000.00. I have a good friend that is very interested in the success of this "suit"project. He grosses 6 figures/ mo. and makes a good amount in profits as well. He is very good in business and also has a solid mentor that is a wise self-made millionaire. These 2 will always remain unnamed and u MUST not mention any figures when referring to "my friends". Many of us in this group that we build may be like me, able to invest much more than $1,000.00 This will make the suit much more valuable. A full war capable machine with cutting edge technology will cost at least $1,000,000.00. We're not shooting for that with this suit, just a super awesome, very bullet resistant("proof"), h.u.d. equipped, 10X strength multiplier "power suit"(strength enhancements), with some decent sensors such as optical enhancement, audio, communication sys, movement tracker, and many detailed systems I will not mention here for just anyone to read.

Once we have this prototype built, we can then move into production. I and my friends have all that technical marketing end covered. All we need is the upfront costs for the designing details and production of the prototype. With this grade of suit, costing around 100-125k we will easily be able to sell it for around 200k. We expect the 1st 1000 sales to hit before the 1st year after the product release, when sales are slowest, though taking a bit longer would be normal. Even though I personally will be putting in a LOT more to this project, I will still pay each partner investor, their $100.00+- per sale. However much they invest into the project will be directly reflected by how much they get out per sale! If we can get away with it, I'll pay the same amount out per sale that they only put in once to the project once. With our strength in #s, we can do a million times better than by ourselves.

So, this is real. Not just a little plastic costume for the cons. After 1,000-4,000 suits you should all be able to buy yourself a suit that YOU helped make a reality. A suit that wouldn't have made it, without YOU. After that we might part ways. I will probably go on to build better models and also we are intending on building stripped models that can be upgraded as the buyers can afford them. It's not anywhere NEAR "too good to be true", just more than you're used to. Those who are interested, email me through this forum. Those who are not, just dream a little. All great people were told many times "They would NEVER make it," but just like you and me, they changed the known world, because they believed in an impossible dream. Together we can make the true Halo Suit.

We will have simple reasonable contracts to clarify and record our intentions and obligations on both ends.

Hoya

Well that is a neat idea, BUT you may find that you may not get 100 people that can make a high end part that all so would like to join up with you.

I had a hard time getting them to do some pep with us.

There are 2 or 3 good looking kits out there for sale and most of them will sell them by the part.

Recruit costume? or soft costume is to be a low cost 405th Costume Club approved costume to get in and troop.

Good luck with the group armour. :)

Rob.

Well I think it's an awesome idea and the barcode idea is good to but instead of on the neck put a barcode on the back of the helmet and we could start a whole 405th militia! the barcode could be used to identify the person and also hold information like rank and such (itd be hard but i think we could do it)

well why not have the marine costume as the noob costume. Its simple, cheap, and easier to pep the what it looks like. It could also be used as the training suit before you start on the ODST or MC armor of your choice. Personally i find the Idea of a soft suit with just BDU's or BDU pants and a 405th tee kinda revolting unless its one of our GF's or wives wearing it (not mine she totally hates the Halo universe and thought i was crazy for doing this until i told her the skills i was learning). Further more if you just to the Marine Helm and Chest from H1 or H2 you won't have that much to do. the H3 marine still is a little more to do but not so much that it needs to be shunned. Heck when my MK VI armor is done i plan on doing a marine costume for my bro. he wants an mc suit but i told him he would have to make that. I like the idea of small groups working on pieces but then you have people to specialize and getting burnt out. If we did do the small group thing it would have to be once a month to work on their armor and to learn what we do.

I think a t-shirt would be sufficient for most people until they had their armor. a store for members only.. something practical so you could rep the 405th any day, anywhere?

I like the idea, kinda. I want to get some pep started. I'm going to get my father in on this stuff. Like a father-son project to make marine armor. But that would be a while... wouldn't mind some recruit stuff.

However, I know there are plenty of people who work EXTREMELY hard on what they do. I don't think it would be right to have so many we would become a disgrace.

jericho said:
I like the idea, kinda. I want to get some pep started. I'm going to get my father in on this stuff. Like a father-son project to make marine armor. But that would be a while... wouldn't mind some recruit stuff.

However, I know there are plenty of people who work EXTREMELY hard on what they do. I don't think it would be right to have so many we would become a disgrace.

The point here is that we're looking to involve everybody. Those who have highly-finished armor are free to become a part of the 'Elite' group of armor owners - until they get their armor made, they're going to have to suit themselves with 'recruit' or 'armorsmith' status. As I see it, there's an elite 'club' for 405th armor owners, and the forum and everything else for the armor-in-progress people.

Crucible said:
The point here is that we're looking to involve everybody. Those who have highly-finished armor are free to become a part of the 'Elite' group of armor owners - until they get their armor made, they're going to have to suit themselves with 'recruit' or 'armorsmith' status. As I see it, there's an elite 'club' for 405th armor owners, and the forum and everything else for the armor-in-progress people.

I really appreciate that goal of total acceptance. I'm a little different than others on here. Thanks for adding that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back