Status
Not open for further replies.

AugmentedHuman013

DMO and RXO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S613
Since the 405th is starting to organize like we have been talking about for years. I am trying to see all the members around that would be interested in being in the as of right now Unofficial Southern Regiment. This would be cover a large area.

As with others starting to come together. This would be unofficial and just the ground floor for when our great forum gets its charter. But with Dragoncon just right around the corner. I have been thinking its time we do this.

The Southern Regiment would be for people who live in or actively attend conventions or other like events. In the States of:

Florida
1. Augmentedhuman113
2. Demogorgon
3. Vrogy
4. Kingair983
5. Masterchief0624
6. Chefbzd
7. Shockwave
Alabama
1. Foxleader
2.SirPalesAlot

Georgia
1. Phil-907

Mississippi

Arkansas

Louisiana

Tennessee

South Carolina
1. Justinian 117

North Carolina

Virginia

West Virginia

Kentucky

Conventions

Florida
Miami Supercon
Miami Animate!
Forida MegaCon
TampaBay ComicCon

Georgia
DragonCon

If your interested comment below and I will add your name to the list.

Talking with Art. It seems that by overall numbers Texas will probably be its own group. Not that we wouldn't love having you in the Southern 405th. But a 'Lone Star Regiment" Does have a nice ring to it. lol. (all unoffically as of now, Of course)

I now live in AZ, but I am originally from GA and my heart will always be there with you, SR!

Love to see people taking the initiative to coordinate with local Halo costumers in their area. Can't wait to see what you guys do. =)

As far as regions (i.e. Wether to keep Texas independent) I find the best guideline is to see what cons and events people attend. That seems to be the best guideline of how people cluster and socialize when it comes to costumes.

E.g. Northern California and Southern California folks often go to the same major conventions. But Oregon and WA are usually separate. Yet there are still a few major cons with a lot of crossover (eg PAX) So the Pacific regiment will likely eventually have a split along those lines in the form of separate battalions once we have all our members sorted out.

Edit: so Texas will likely be on it's own just because of the number of Texas events that go on which would be difficult for someone from say, GA, to coordinate.

Decided to have a little fun in illustrator, what do you guys think?

405th-southern-01.jpg 405th-southern-02.jpg 405th-southern-03.jpg
View attachment 405th-outhern-all.jpg

I truthfully haven't read the whole thread on the logo usage. But If there is nothing against the rules with it I like the middle one the best.

That one was my favorite as well. I went ahead and did the 1, 2 and 3 colors with reverse. I also simplified it and took out the 405th banner below and then lastly simplified further by removing the southern reg banner as well.

405th-southerm-logos_2-01.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-02.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-03.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-04.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-05.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-07.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-06.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-08.jpg

405th-southerm-logos_2-09.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-10.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-13.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-11.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-14.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-12.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-15.jpg 405th-southerm-logos_2-16.jpg

405th-southerm-logos_2-17.jpg

i still like it as it was the first one in your set there.

Ditto. I'll have Art double check to ensure all requirements are met. I know I have to make sure the proper margins are there using the hex as the x measurement. Other than that I believe it falls under the regulations.

I know this isn't a finalized design by any means, I just figured I'd see what I can come up with :).

well if okay with you i'll use the third down five over. its basic and I like basic.

because then you can put your state name in.

When we get things rolling well have to take a poll and decide on one design to represent the regiment but that is a bit down the road. We still need more people. I know we have plenty from this area on the forum. 5 more will give us our own area on the site that we can grow and make our own.

Go ahead and add me to the Florida group! And I kinda like the two emblems in the fourth row. I need to re-read the new 405th emblem thread, but does anyone recall if we were allowed to change the color of our emblem to match our armor? My usual colors are red and black, the light blue might look a tad out of place against those colors.

Go ahead and add me to the Florida group! And I kinda like the two emblems in the fourth row. I need to re-read the new 405th emblem thread, but does anyone recall if we were allowed to change the color of our emblem to match our armor? My usual colors are red and black, the light blue might look a tad out of place against those colors.

Welcome to the (still unofficial) Southern Regiment! The 1st logo, top left, is the full logo, the 3rd line is the logo without the 405th banner, and the last logo is without any of the banners. The others are just the 1, 2 and 3 colors along with the reversed. Essentially just further reduced versions of the full emblem, similar to the 405th logo, where it's just the design elements without the logotype.

Changing the color is acceptable, as long as you comply with the following:

Obviously I can't know the thought process behind every previous decision that was made, but on the surface of the matter, you will not see us take that approach. Again, I don't have all the answers to usage yet, but in regard to color, you probably won't see us allow color variations for the full color logo, but then, we don't really expect many people to use the full color logo on the costumes, which is why we made the deconstructed versions that can be ONE color and again, while I am just speaking off the top of my head and this isn't policy, I can't see any reason to disallow ANY color (no matter how ridiculous) when it comes to a one color variant of the logo.

For example:
View attachment 821

That is actually VERY close to what we had in mind. ;)

But please remember this is not the official logo just yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back