The mark VI suit:
MasterChiefMadameTussauds.jpg

Variants / Permutations:(of the mk VI)
EOD
AP_Rogue.jpg

Recon
AP_Ninja.jpg

hope this helps

That last one is not MKVI. MKVI is from Halo 3. Thats EVA if Im not mistaken. From Ghosts of Onyx.

Durlaburban said:
srry fixed and these are all right now. this is straight from bungie search
Still the same, and still incorrect.
Ruze789 had em right, and yeah....there are a lot of Mark VI variants

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is how your Original Post should read. And this is correct.

IV=4

The mark IV suit:

V=5

The mark V suit:

VI=6

The mark VI suit:

Variants / Permutations:
EOD

Recon

EDIT: durlaburban fixed the original post, so I removed my pics cause they're unnecessary now.

ugh..
they are still wrong...

this is the truth.

Mark IV
01.jpg

Mark V
halo1.jpg

Mark VI
masterchief.jpg

info from Halowiki.

whoops, sorry, didnt see the new posts...

funny how it seems they downgraded Mark IV to Mark V :D

Rocknrollcows said:
ugh..
they are still wrong...

this is the truth.

funny how it seems they downgraded Mark IV to Mark V :D

You cannot downgrade a lower number to a higher number... its like saying 4+1=3
Could you please read what you post (im confused)

Finnish_Spartan said:
You cannot downgrade a lower number to a higher number... its like saying 4+1=3
Could you please read what you post (im confused)
... He's referring to the fact that in the Halo universe, chronologically, (that means over time...) IV looks better than V, so the V looks like a "downgrade." But we know that it's just because in the real world, V was designed and modeled years before IV.

I think it might even be possible that the Halo wars armor is a MkV varient. When you play Halo 3 and read some of the stuff on the security parts that indicate they are MkV varients, it would make sense. I guess we have to wait and see if the ones in Halo wars have shields, then we'll know for sure.

Sigma-LS said:
I think it might even be possible that the Halo wars armor is a MkV varient. When you play Halo 3 and read some of the stuff on the security parts that indicate they are MkV varients, it would make sense. I guess we have to wait and see if the ones in Halo wars have shields, then we'll know for sure.

im pretty sure they won't have shields. or atleast, it wont be an operational one.. may just be an animation before they die..

cause think about it..

if the spartans in that game had shields. and there were 50 of them... then that would make the game unbalanced and "unfair"

i could understand if it was like a "hero" unit. (remember RA2's tanya?) then yea.... but obviously, the spartans in this game arn't "hero" units.

EDIT:

that would mean the elites would have to have shields too... and that would ruin the game.. :p

marine vs HALO 1 Elite = sad johnson :(

and remember.. according to the books, all the combat elites had sheilds since the beguining.

Nicktendo said:
... He's referring to the fact that in the Halo universe, chronologically, (that means over time...) IV looks better than V, so the V looks like a "downgrade." But we know that it's just because in the real world, V was designed and modeled years before IV.

Actually mark 5 looks better if it is re animated (like in halo 3 for example) the mark 4 is actually more simple and the helmet is a gamecube...

Rocknrollcows said:
im pretty sure they won't have shields. or atleast, it wont be an operational one.. may just be an animation before they die..

cause think about it..

if the spartans in that game had shields. and there were 50 of them... then that would make the game unbalanced and "unfair"

i could understand if it was like a "hero" unit. (remember RA2's tanya?) then yea.... but obviously, the spartans in this game arn't "hero" units.
EDIT:

that would mean the elites would have to have shields too... and that would ruin the game.. :p

marine vs HALO 1 Elite = sad johnson :(

and remember.. according to the books, all the combat elites had sheilds since the beguining.

Note the energy shields dont make the spartans invincible and the covenant could easily overtake them by force, Have you read the books snce theyre you can see as they perish to theyre death (100'ds of spartans some even with energy shield's)

Master chief is just a person with extreme luck since the armor doesnt actually protect him from getting blown off by a wraith (not to mention the homing plasma turrets in the covenant capital ships).

So just remeber master chief isnt invincible but actually quite vulnearable.

And how do you know that they are not hero units, Ensmble studios has been using "hero units" in theyre games for like... since age of empires 1 came out.

Finnish_Spartan said:
Note the energy shields dont make the spartans invincible and the covenant could easily overtake them by force, Have you read the books snce theyre you can see as they perish to theyre death (100'ds of spartans some even with energy shield's)

Master chief is just a person with extreme luck since the armor doesnt actually protect him from getting blown off by a wraith (not to mention the homing plasma turrets in the covenant capital ships).

So just remeber master chief isnt invincible but actually quite vulnearable.

And how do you know that they are not hero units, Ensmble studios has been using "hero units" in theyre games for like... since age of empires 1 came out.

IM GUESSING.. that they arnt hero units due to the fact that there were so many in the trailer..

not once in my previous posts did i mention John or any other spartan by name. and of course i read the books :p

IM also GUESSING the shields on the Spartans won't be operational (ie. def bonus) but instead just a animation right before they die.

so yea...

Ive played all the "Age" games (empires, mythology etc) so of course i know about "Hero" units.

they are always single or in really small groups.

never in like 50+ like in the HW trailer.

EDIT:
if your thinking of it from that view. then ELITES should be heros too.. and i know for a fact that there are like 5billion+ elites on HW. (first gameplay trailer)

also, back to the spartan idea. im merely suggesting that the spartans would be like a "commando" like in Tiberium Wars where you cant have more then a few of them on the field at the same time.. and they take a sh!t load of money to build.

Ok heres the explanation on the armor progression, and why it looks downgraded. Ima halo universe nerd so...yeah.
The MKIV (4) had no shields, but had the power augmentation, as well as the neural interface. Then, using elite and jackal technology, the MKV (5) was developed. IT had all the features of the IV, plus shields. Because a shielding system was added, the armor was made less complex and more immobile and bulky, as it was difficult to integrate the shielding technology into a slim, stylish suit. Then along came MK VI. It was much slimmer and has a medical system built in that can heal minor injuries using biofoam and other injectable medicines. And then there was the...MK VII. Some people don't recognize the MKVII as a separate suit (H3) as it only features a few minor improvements over the MKVI. Because of the cost of the armor, It is reasonable to believe that some Spartans are wearing a menagerie of different armor MKS/combos.

Master Chef said:
Ok heres the explanation on the armor progression, and why it looks downgraded. Ima halo universe nerd so...yeah.
The MKIV (4) had no shields, but had the power augmentation, as well as the neural interface. Then, using elite and jackal technology, the MKV (5) was developed. IT had all the features of the IV, plus shields. Because a shielding system was added, the armor was made less complex and more immobile and bulky, as it was difficult to integrate the shielding technology into a slim, stylish suit. Then along came MK VI. It was much slimmer and has a medical system built in that can heal minor injuries using biofoam and other injectable medicines. And then there was the...MK VII. Some people don't recognize the MKVII as a separate suit (H3) as it only features a few minor improvements over the MKVI. Because of the cost of the armor, It is reasonable to believe that some Spartans are wearing a menagerie of different armor MKS/combos.

M5 had Biofoam too.
and the ONI only took the shield technology from the Jackal's shields.

you are right about the Mark 5.5s (5+6) as explained in First Strike.

im sure there isnt a Mark VII o_O

cause it isnt in the games, books, or even contact harvest...

and actually...MK V supposedly didnt have biofoam.....thats why you needed health packs in Halo: CE. MK V aslo didnt have the advanced gel layer to insulate impacts so you took fall damage in Halo: CE, unlike Halo 2 & 3 where there was none and you recovered health.

<---nerd

~Epyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back