RoxyRoo's Reach Build + Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok now I am proper jealous. I am too scared to make my armour look that hurt but seeing yours is making me wanna smash it up some :) Really good paint job there sweetie. I truely can not wait to see you wearing it all!

@Drack
Don't scratch it up TOO much. You have very pretty armor. D= I only scratched the crap out of mine because I want it to look like my spartan isn't afraid of rolling in the mud. lol

JUST got back from watching The Avengers. Amazing, hilarious, and entertaining aren't enough words to describe it, so I'll just say I'm definitely seeing it again. I think Hulk made for some of the best laughs, oddly enough. XD

I didn't have enough time to paint today, but I had to do this beforehand anyway. A lot of the decals on the live action suits I found were actually stickers. >.> So... i printed out the decals on regular printer paper, made sure they were the right size, cut them out, and stuck them on with acrylic painter's gel.

Front: UNSC symbol, standard for Reach. Then there's my personal symbol I've been using for Halo 3, ODST, and Reach.
2012-05-02221308.jpg

Back: The triangle is sort of a recycling shape, with the word "Caution" in white on all three sides. The rectangular sticker with the "!" is hard to read, but it says, "WARNING. This armor belongs to a Spartan. Any damage done to it or its wearer is punishable by T-Bagging. -ONI Security" XD Yeah... I thought it was funny.
2012-05-04162632.jpg

Boots: Instead of painting these with paints that I don't have (yellow..), I made these stickers too. CAUTION. Imma kick you!
2012-05-02221400.jpg

Cod: Ever thankful to the 405th, here's my little homage. The 405th Logo goes right onto my rear as a little bumper sticker. lol
2012-05-02221413.jpg

All of these pieces will be painted soon. I'm aiming to get all of it done before the weekend is over. Also, I'll be uploading the decals to photobucket soon so you all can use them too. ^_- Goodnight. I'm going to bed.

Well I figured that masterchiefs suit must be so battle scared and scuffed by now seeing as he's getting a new one in 4 that I should hurt it a little :p

Roxy, you're doing a great job on this build. I like the idea for stickers, it'll save me a big headache when I try to put the UNSC logo on my armor.

@NayrDeathExperience
Yeah. They definitely saved me a headache. XD

Here's the stickers guys.

SpartanSticker.jpg

SpartanSticker2.jpg

SpartanSticker4.jpg

SpartanSticker3.jpg

What I did was copy/pasted them to Microsoft Word and printed them like a document. It's easier to size them that way too.

Lol, dat so true Nhat Phan! Come on Roxy I have shown you mine now you show me yours :p

Wow the decals are awesome. Great idea about making them into stickers. I ddnt even think about doing that lolkeep up the great work, and I'm with everyone else on this, suit up! Lol

You're almost to the end of the tunnel, And I might add looking awesome. I'm really liking the texture you achieved with you're paint, and I'm looking forward to see how it all looks when suited up:D

but how do you get them to stick?(the decals) I'm thinking hot glue would work? nice job! hope I can make it to PCC, working on my thigh pieces today!

finally i saw your videos and understood how you did the details, pretty simple actually and here was i like how in the world did she did that lol. pretty sick armor you got there cant wait to see it all done. i am reading alot in this thread because i am having problems with angle edges and trying to make an iron man helmet out of foam because i dont want to jump on armor and waste foam , so thank you for all the pics , videos, tips everything really. all i need is a heat gun , foamies for details ( not for the helmet but for future use) and patience lol if you want to check out my iron man thread so you can give me any tips but as i failed pretty bad but i will do it again.

To everyone asking me to put on my armor, trust me. I would. But I can't. Why? cuz I need help to put it on. XD My sister is out and about at the moment. My armor is sitting there taunting me... Perhaps it's for the better though. I"ll be done painting all the armor I currently have soon so instead of me wearing a hash of w.i.p. and completed pieces, you'll get to see the final look all together.

Speaking of which, since I can't seem to get ahold of peps for the shins and helmet, I've decided to just go for it. More free-handing madness ensues...

@Charlie. I took a peak at your build thread and it seems you got the basic idea down, it just you need practice. Helmets are probably the worst thing to start off with. I think any experienced armor maker can tell you this. Start easy, like a hand plate. Then go bigger and bigger until you've worked up the skill needed to pull off those intricate details you so crave. It's taken me two years to get where I am now, despite the fact that i didn't start this build until October last year.

And now... PICTURES!

The chest and cod are now complete. Same process as before, with the dirt and grime washes before the scratches and grey detailing. This took me about 4 hours I think. Then the taped off sections were cleared of news paper revealing the black sections. It was like opening a christmas present. XDD So exciting! Lastly, I added my call sign, ROX-326. "Rox" for my name, Roxanne (yes, my real name IS Roxy) and "326" is my birthday. =D

**The triangle and rectangle decals were done just by marking them off with tape and then dabbing on some acrylic paint with my finger. If you copy that method, know that the acrylic paint tends to bleed past the tape. Take the tape off immediately after painting so you can scrape off the excess!

2012-05-06165046.jpg

2012-05-06165104.jpg

2012-05-06165116.jpg

2012-05-06165154.jpg

The spine is now permanently attached to my chest piece. It "hugs" my back with some velcro strapping. There's a nice bit of battle damage on the right shoulder. Not sure what caused it. Maybe a flying grunt. XD lol
2012-05-06165140.jpg

2012-05-06165209.jpg

After a short break, I'll be off to paint my thighs and boots. Wish me luck!

This is getting exciting now! :) I feel like a child waiting for Xmas when I can open my presents. Looking great so far keep up the good work. On a side note hopefully will have an update for you tomorrow on my suit. Just finishing the last set of lights :)

If you still need help to print those pieces, let me now, I can look into it tomorrow at the office. Just show me which pieces you want and at what scale.
Hm, looking at the Pepakura software it only allows me to print to a Microsoft XPS document for now, would that work for you? Or I can save an EPS file, that's a vector format as far as I know...

And I can only second Drack, it's totally like Christmas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back