RTW's Noble team build WIP [EXTREMELY PIC HEAVY!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTWHOCKEY

Hey 405thers!

Myself and TripleXLax, a lurker here on the forums, as well as some of our friends, have decided that we are going to build a full noble team for halo-ween 2013 and maybe SDCC. The team will include Carter, Kat, Jun, Emile, Jorge, and 6, all fully armed with a DMR, magnum, Sniper, shotty, turret gun, and AR. We started about 2 months ago in December, and we've made some pretty good progress so far. Before I jump right in, I'll give a little background of the team members and how this insane project came to be.

First off, thanks to everyone who inspired us:
Snelfo for his noble team build, LilTyrant for her INSANE Kat foam build, timecon for his awesome foam build, spaceg0st for inspiring me to be carter, any many others for sharing their great builds.

Back ground:
After haloween 2012, I was sitting around thinking 'what should I build next year?' I decided I would be Carter of noble team and my dad could be Jorge. I've always wanted to build a full noble team. It's always been a dream of mine that I thought would never come true. I had the skills, the supplies, the crazy idea... but I didn't have the people to wear the armor. Until now. Back in October, right after haloween, I showed Wilson (Emile), Sam (noble 6) and Evan (Jun) some pics of my mark vi armor. This suit:
153_zps37216f5a.jpg

THEY WENT NUTS OVER IT. Well, at least they really liked it. So then Sam said "can you make me a noble 6 helmet?" And i said sure, then a great idea came to mind. Why not make a noble team? We all agreed it would be totally sick. Everything took off from there.

The Team (I'm going to give a little bit about us so I can refer to each of us by our real names, and not "the Emile guy" or "the guy who is going to be dressed as Jun"):

*Keep in mind that most of us are only teenagers, so we're pretty short, lol*

Carter- me :D
I decided to be carter because I'm the one organizing this project and so I get to be the team leader. Even though I'm a girl, I like being the male characters of halo more, like Chief, because I'm NOT a girly girl in any way, and it kinda fits my personality better. I'm 5 foot, so I'll have to add 2-4 inch platforms to my boots to make me more spartan sized.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Kat- my mom
I didn't want to be Kat, so I asked my mom if she would wear spartan armor, and she agreed. And because on haloween of 2012, we went to a costume party and she was the only one without a costume, so this year, I can ensure that she will not only have a costume, but have one of the best costumes there. She's 5'2, so she's mostly in proportion with the team.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jun- my friend Evan
when we recruited him, Jun was the only character left to be filled, and I knew Evan would love to wear a suit of spartan armor regardless, so we asked him to be jun and he agreed. He's also 5'2, so his high is pretty much proportionate to the rest of us.
Emile-my friend Wilson
You know how emile has that 'total bad@$$' personality? Wilson fits that pretty well ;D. He is only 4'11, so, like me, he will probably have 2-4 inch platforms on his boots.
Jorge: my dad
He is taller then all of us (5'7), but its ok, because jorge is taller than the rest of noble team anyways. He has a pretty husky body build, not really chunky, but not skinny. Like I said, he was originally going to be the jorge in our jorge/ carter duo, but the team expanded to 6 of us instead of just us 2. He still wanted to be jorge, so Jorge he will be.
noble 6: Sam (405th name-TripeXLax
I'm not really sure why he wanted to be six, but oh well. He gets to be the lone wolf. He's 5'6, which is a problem, because he is supposed to be the same size as the rest of the team. Thats another reason me and Wilson need lifts.

The plan: we are planing to make one original suit (6's armor) out of eva foam, then mold and cast the suit and add different helmets and shoulder pieces to make carter, jun and emile. I've been looking at the reach armor designs and relised I can save some money by only molding one forearm, shin and boot, because they are the same on both the left ad right. Jorge and Kat will both have suits made from eva foam, because their armor is so different from the other nobles, except for Kats biceps and forearms and cod (I'll mod to make it more female looking), and jorges forearms, which will all be casts. I'm going to use the silicon calk molding method to mold my mark vi helmet (a new, bigger better one) to try and sell some casts to fund this project.

All right, lets jump in!

Continued...

this is what we have so far:
the first thing i decided to build was my mark v shoulder
9C2AC1D9.jpg
15D0F25D.jpg
8F86184A.jpg
EAAD9429.jpg

jorges chaingun:
889A1794.jpg

jorges chest and shoulder/ bicep:
50D9CBA6.jpg

071F9841.jpg

Sams AR:
F1BBC270.jpg
0902C443.jpg
055_zpsf8b5d764.jpg
056_zps8911ed9c.jpg

Sam's knife:
057_zps66bb19d7.jpg
059_zps12f40e07.jpg
058_zps373637dc.jpg

my DMR before I installed the barrels:
CDB401B4.jpg

emiles helmet:
082_zps3de211cc.jpg

emile and 6:
083_zps6f94921d.jpg

the last thing i got done today was i glassed the emile helmet and i got halfway done glassing the mark v helmet:
089_zpsfdf28ddc.jpg
090_zps8af77e57.jpg

i used pieces of styrafoam as supports
091_zps62a54e1e.jpg
092_zps386777a3.jpg
093_zpsc4254377.jpg
094_zps800024bd.jpg
095_zps2bd93338.jpg
097_zps182c6fcf.jpg
the emile helmet is really warped. but i can always fix it with bondo
098_zps1112f2f8.jpg
099_zpsc37f74b8.jpg

the attachment for the 6 helmet
100_zps3d2b96fa.jpg

That's all for now. Enjoy!

~Hazel

Definitely off and running on this one. Looks like you've got a lot done. Still a lot to go, but subbed for sure to see the rest.
Keep up the good work.

This looks great and you're off to a very great start man! +1 sub for me

That's awesome! Nice job! +1 sub!

Definitely off and running on this one. Looks like you've got a lot done. Still a lot to go, but subbed for sure to see the rest.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone!

I got the forearm piece painted with some acrylic paint, which I've found does a great job at sealing to foam. I'm going to go to Lowes tomorrow to pick up some plastidip anyways. I also just finished printing off the chest piece templates. I scaled it at 370 mm heigh.

And for those wondering, I scaled the forearm at either 200 or 210 mm heigh (i cant remember exactly), and it fits all of us, from Wilson, the shortest of us, to my dad, who's the tallest. The emile helmet is scaled at 250 mm height, and the mark v helm at 260 mm. Once I have all of the scaling figured out for the entire suit, I'll add a scaling chart to the first post. The scaling method I used was XtremeTactics101's (I'm sorry if I mis-spelled his name) proportionate scaling method.

Glad you guys and gals are enjoying this build so far!

~Hazel

I'm SOOOO envious, I wish I had the people (willing people that is, I have enough family members to do all of noble team, just not so many that want to build all of the suits, or the money :( ) to bring out noble team :(

Good luck and I can't wait to see more pics :)

-Seth

Hello, we are honored to have inspired you and your friend! keep going on this fanstastic work!! i hope to see all of you in noble team armours asap

hey guys I'm tripleXlax aka noble six from RTWHOCKEY's nobel team build.:D

Hi, Sam! :D

I'm SOOOO envious, I wish I had the people (willing people that is, I have enough family members to do all of noble team, just not so many that want to build all of the suits, or the money :( ) to bring out noble team :(

Good luck and I can't wait to see more pics :)

-Seth

Thanks Seth. We are going to try to raise some money by selling mark vi helmet casts once I get the original done.

Hello, we are honored to have inspired you and your friend! keep going on this fanstastic work!! i hope to see all of you in noble team armours asap

Thank you Snelfo! It will probably be 4-6 months before we'll have a finished team, maybe a month before we have one finished suit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update!

So, I got quite a few things done.

First, I bondoed and painted the attachment for the mark v helmet:
009_zps74bd7856.jpg
010_zps191cc8c4.jpg
011_zpsef439362.jpg
012_zps9a092faa.jpg

Also, I forgot to post pics of Kat's magnum. It's made from styrafoam, like DaFrontlinetrooper uses.
013_zpsc11c7e91.jpg

I got some work done on the chest:
014_zpseb8fd25e.jpg
016_zps2ea01c27.jpg

but most of it is still a pile of pieces in my room.
015_zps05a957bb.jpg

I was bored one night so I built this ab plate for myself. Now, Im sure many of you are thinking "ooh, that must be L3X's foam file". Nope. In fact, I would not recommend using L3x's ab plate, because its not a full ab plate, it only goes in the front. Instead, I used this one by jtm1997:
abs.jpg

In, my opinion, jtm has a lot of great pep files that are very under-used for their quality.

Grrr, Im over the pic limit!
continued next post...

continued...

Anyways, this is how it turned out:
018_zpsa19fc114.jpg
019_zps31313a24.jpg

it opens in the back with velcro
020_zpscc372503.jpg

heres how the chest and ab looks on me:
022_zps77465b11.jpg
023_zps4b09e757.jpg

I also started pepin some helmets. Evan came over a few days ago to start his Jun pep (model by Jico. Thank you sir.). It took him 20 minutes to get this far. All he got was the bottom of the brim and the visor.
029_zpsb7c6e48f.jpg

Sometimes I forget that some people just don't have the pepin skill that I do, lol.

I also started my carter helmet pep (model by Ruze789. Thanks Ruze.) I have quickly relised its a VERY hard helmet to pep. I only got a few pieces done on it.
030_zpsd21cd966.jpg
033_zps5db4501c.jpg

I also have been working on Evan's sniper. Also made from styrafoam. It has a working slide bolt thingy with a wooden bullet (that I made :D) in it:
034_zpsdefcc9ae.jpg
035_zpsdafa72c2.jpg
036_zps5ae34a22.jpg

And lastly, I made a second knife for Sam.
038_zpsa27f55fb.jpg

He wanted to have one on the top of the chest piece and one on the underarm part, like this:
reach1_noble6_photo_01_lg_zps343f7296.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

Looking good! Any updates?

Not much. Still pepin the carter helmet, which is causing me great pain :(. I hate it so much. Not because I hate the way it looks, but it's just a pain to pep. In the mean time, I've also been redoing the chest piece from my good ol' mark vi armor (remember how you said it looked too small? You were right :) ).

And as high-school creeps closer and closer, I've been forced to work harder in school. So I'll probably only have weekend-ly updates until summer vacation hits in May. Then I'll have so much free time, I'll probably have hourly updates, LOL!!! Ah, I can't wait...

Until next week, Hazel out.

Dont worry, I'm a freshman in High School. It gets better. :) A lot of HW, but if you study and do your HW, you'll do good in school. The carter helmet seems to be a tough one, which is why I'm not going to attempt it yet :p . Good luck to ya!

Foam work and what little pep you got looks good.
That sucks to hear about the chest you're having to redo. I know it's frustrating because of wasted material and time.
Keep up the good work. Seems like your making good progress.
Oh! Thanks for the video on the Halo 4 under suit. I had seen it before, but it's been a while. Had some good stuff in it.

Foam work and what little pep you got looks good.
That sucks to hear about the chest you're having to redo. I know it's frustrating because of wasted material and time.
Keep up the good work. Seems like your making good progress.
Oh! Thanks for the video on the Halo 4 under suit. I had seen it before, but it's been a while. Had some good stuff in it.

Thanks for the kind words. My mark vi chest piece worked great for a while, but I've outgrown it. Heck, I originally pep'd it back in May! Needless to say, I've grown since, with is a good thing, because its kinda un-natural to have a 5 foot tall spartan, LOL!!

UPDATE! -sort of:

I'm not sure if any of you remember my marine build from a few months ago that got dropped, and how I had many delays due to my grades and school. Same situation... again. My punishment for my bad gradeds? Of course, no building halo stuff :(. My parents took all my stuff except the pile of paper that will eventually be my carter helmet, 2 exact knifes I found hidden in my closet and a bottle of tacky glue (which I use to assemble my pep. I've learned that my hot glue gun has a bad habit of burning me when I use it for pep). So all I can really do for now is pep the commando helmet until I can get my grades up to the A and B level.

Until then, I have a question for you guys: if I was to mold and cast any of the noble team helmets, which should I mold? I was think ing about the commando helmet, but Blackula already has an amazing commando helmet molded. I Also thought of the grenadier helmet, but I'm not sure if it's in high demand. So let me know, which helmet do you think would be the easiest to sell, and which would you be the most interested in buying? Keep in mind, I'm trying to sell the casts to fund this team project. Let me know what you think.

Until my graded are better,
~Hazel

Last edited by a moderator:
Supply and Demand are always things that will dictate what you will wind up molding. However, I think that if you turn out a quality product and put it out there for everyone, that no matter which helmet you decide to do, someone will want it. It's kinda like "Needful Things". :p Someone may not need it, but if they see it, they will want it. LOL!

How about the Jun helmet? Jorge's helmet would be a good one too I think. I've always ben partial to snipers though. Either way, grades come first. THen, work on the helmet. We'll be here waiting for you.

Supply and Demand are always things that will dictate what you will wind up molding. However, I think that if you turn out a quality product and put it out there for everyone, that no matter which helmet you decide to do, someone will want it. It's kinda like "Needful Things". :p Someone may not need it, but if they see it, they will want it. LOL!

How about the Jun helmet? Jorge's helmet would be a good one too I think. I've always ben partial to snipers though. Either way, grades come first. THen, work on the helmet. We'll be here waiting for you.

Thanks Spartan. I've actually never thought of that, molding the jun helmet. I'll probably wait until after all the helmets are said and done before deciding which one to mold.

In the mean time, I've continued with the carter pep, but progress is slow. My dad gave me a break this weekend to work on this project, and I'll be taking a trip to Lowes later today to get some more eva foam, styrofoam for weapons, sandpaper, spraypaint and plastidip, so I'll probably have an update later today with painted armor pics. Stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back