RTW's Noble team build WIP [EXTREMELY PIC HEAVY!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
the build is looking amazing rtw. I was actually just talking about you with spartansonny yesterday. You are one of the few "kids" that know what it means to take pride in your work, and want to help people with what you do.(going to visit sick kidsin the hospital) Keep up the great work.

Can't wait to see how progress is going and how the armor pieces will look painted! Keep up the good work!

Good job with your armor so far and good luck with your grades. I'm in high school myself and I know how easy it can be to devote time that should be used for studying towards my armor project.

Hey, everyone!

So I forgot so save the post I made before the revert back to 405th ver. 4

Oh well.

In the time the 405th was in the ver. 5 "dark zone" I've made lots of progress. Jorges armor is done. Theres a seemingly endless anoint of modifications I need to do to the suit with include: new grenadier shoulder, better strapping, better neck seal, repaint of the chain gun, a new handle on the chain gun (it was embarrassing as hell when it broke at Phx ComicCon, I'll have pics of that later), and various other things.
But first...

Many months ago I promised pics of jorges painted armor. I haven't forgot about it.

384_zps7e3a9f8b.jpg

I'll edit more pics in a few min on my PC (I'm on my IPad now). My photo bucket keeps crashing my iPad :/ but I promise, there will be more pics!

Everything you done are looking good! Loving your ideas and Jorges amour is looking good! More likely can't wait to see Emile he is my favorite character in Halo Reach. Keep it up! :)

Everything you done are looking good! Loving your ideas and Jorges amour is looking good! More likely can't wait to see Emile he is my favorite character in Halo Reach. Keep it up! :)

Emile is going to be my main focus next. I think I might be loosing the attention of Sam, Wilson and Evan (aka 6, Emile and jun if you need a refresher on the names) on this build so I'm working on their stuff first. But didn't worry too much about them loosing interest and this build stopping, every time they come over to build they look amazed by the armor :D

Wow great job so far! It's awesome that you're family is helping out with this! Looking forward to the rest of the build! ^_^

UPDATE!!

I'll start where I left off, jorge armor.

you probably already saw this one but whatevs. Paintin' it
384_zps7e3a9f8b.jpg

starting battle damage
385_zps8c0eefba.jpg

blackwash
389_zps60b92ffb.jpg
388_zps046c7360.jpg

390_zpsee35a0eb.jpg

391_zps02e081ea.jpg

here it is under indoor light
400_zpsec7eafcb.jpg

the collar attatchment
406_zps494ce423.jpg

407_zpsf7baba59.jpg

the eva shoulder-

i unfoldedd the file for foam myself, and this is what i ended up with. you can copy paste this to a word doc and print if you want ( i guess)
whatisthis405th_zps22e35e09.png

heres how it turned out. the little holes are burnedin with my glue gun
409_zps10048320.jpg

410_zpse30e4f45.jpg
412_zps4876bbe2.jpg

heres how it looks with the bicep and how everything looks like on my dad:
413_zps772b8f8f.jpg

414_zpsc9be468e.jpg

Thats all the pics it will allow me in this post. But i want to remind you, THIS IS OLD NEWS. All these pics are from months ago but were lost with the old ver. 5 forums.

more pics continued next post...

more jorge pics

The jorge helmet was a rush job a few days before my deadline of phx comicon. If I have time before haloween I'll redo it. There was no bondo work, and I'm not proud of it. :/

029_zps9ac91f8e.jpg

030_zpsce73af26.jpg

031_zpsdd4f9b11.jpg

032_zps7449c0ea.jpg

I realized some 24 hors before comicon tht the jorge helmet i printed out didnt have the attachment. It was on the model, but didnt print. So i scratchbuilt it.

033_zps84b39e40.jpg

034_zpsd5227373.jpg

035-1_zps92b10ac8.jpg

I cut my finger up pretty bad during the process, so thats why theres blood all over it, in case you're wondering :p

036-1_zps375fc3f5.jpg

037_zpsaa409a1b.jpg

on the helmet
038_zps9ec741f0.jpg

039-1_zpse3169bbe.jpg

painted
040-1_zps189c68bf.jpg

041_zpsd1a65cbd.jpg

other than the helmet, i also got some pics of jorges shins, which I scratchbuilt out of eva foam
003-1_zpsea80b78c.jpg

004-1_zps611b6edb.jpg

thats all for jorge. pics of noble 6 next post!

noble 6 armor

If the last posts were all about Jorge, this ones about what Ive done on the 6 armor.

The biggest progress I've made was on the helmet. Sam informed me he wanted white armor and a black visor, so I was lucky i had some black window tint film sitting around.

This is what I came up with:
016-1_zpsf17fe637.jpg

017_zps235eebcf.jpg

018-1_zps70c94295.jpg

022-1_zps5ff080ca.jpg

023-1_zpsff0c3d8f.jpg

the 6 chest is finished aswell. I've decided I'm not going to mold it, because it kinda sux :/ Its going to be Sam's personal chest piece, and im going to make another to mold.
001-1_zpsc2881a32.jpg

002-1_zpse917a621.jpg

heres how it looks with the ab wrap
004-1_zps2e09b4e4.jpg

Also, a few months ago, Evan (Jun) came over to check out all the gear and needless to say, he had way to much fun with it :D
013-1_zpsa2a7af06.jpg

im gonna need more fake moss for jun's sniper neck cover
015-1_zpse7c59655.jpg

a hopefully a before and after
014-1_zps1b7bfdfd.jpg

Since then Ive also finished a second forearm, both biceps, a codpiece, and bothe shins, which Im going to give to Wilson (Emile) because the shins came out really small for Sam (N6), and Wilson's the shortest of us.

This weekend Ive been messing with silicon calk and ended up molding a handplate (no pics yet), and Im in the process of waiting for the 2nd layer of calk to dry on the biceps now, before starting the 3rd then 4th layer of silicon.

more pics next post- Phx comicon!

Phoenix comic con!!!

So, I managed to finished jorge for comic con. The 95 degree (F) heat made a a lot of the pieces brake sadly :( Anyways, we all had fun. I wore my Mark VI, my dad was Jorge, little bro was ODST dutch.

049_zps2af66456.jpg

052_zps94bf2b0c.jpg

me and RoxyRoo. She was awesome!
056_zps55acff0e.jpg

Who were these spartans?? I didn't catch their names.
058_zps7501b2a7.jpg

Store bought Chief costume guy. He was impressed by us 405thers.
059_zps77584da5.jpg

halo 4 chief. Didn't catch his name either.
060_zps1ba7635c.jpg

061_zpsdd1c29b7.jpg

jorge hoggin the spotlight
062_zps09a3ce0d.jpg

064_zpse6b04822.jpg

070_zps3a413597.jpg

097_zps0a03956c.jpg

wazzup yo!
096_zps950f2a72.jpg

072_zps684d1207.jpg

We all had a ton of fun, and it was jorges first con so he was a bit stressed by the attention, but we still had fun!

and lastly... a video!

Last edited by a moderator:
No comments? Well, I got more pics of stuff.

So, phase 2 of this build has begun: the molding.

Over the last week I've been working on molding one of my hand plates and casting out copy's, and I gotta say, for $20 in supplies for all the silicon and resin/bondo, im really liking the results.

image_zpsa7430aab.jpg

Here is all the hand plates together. The white one in the upper right is the foam original.

image_zps603d3861.jpg

A close up of the original

image_zps212ae0a7.jpg

This Jorge hand plate turned out flawed

image_zps531b9dd0.jpg

Best cast so far

image_zps735de665.jpg

This one is also a bit flawed, it's missing the part on the from that sticks out a bit further (and this is Carter's hand plate, and I am aware that its supposed to be sliver, but I'm gonna keep it blue for now)

But so far, I'm happy with the results. The casts are not very strong, so when I'm casting the biceps and bigger pieces, im going to use pieces of fiberglass mat in the mold with the rondo to help add strength, because these hand plates are just cast in rondo and they aren't very strong.

Here's a quick teaser of the molded biceps-

image_zps3b0dc273.jpg

image_zps20bcb739.jpg

I've been using lip balm and some type of hair cream (which is very similar to vaseline) as mold release agents, the the silicon comes off BEAUTIFULLY, as seen here-
image_zpscad20b1b.jpg

There is a lot of air bubbles in the molds, but there's not much I can do about that, and its not that big of a deal to just sand the casts a little bit to get rid of the bumps where there's bubbles in the mold.

Thanks for looking in everyone, I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am.

One last thing, I'm flying out to upstate NY tomorrow to visit my grandparents, so you won't see any updates for the next week and a half while I'm gone. I might be on to answer questions, but no pics for the next week.

Again, thanks for looking in!

Edit: since I know someone will ask, this is NOT rebound 25. It is regular window and door silicon from Walmart (make sure it's 100% if you want to try this yourself, btw). It's pink on the first layer because I add a drop of red acrylic paint on top of some liquid glycerine to help it have even more non-stick. The glycerine is clear, so I add the red to help tell when I have it evenly mixed in. And because I like the color. Maybe I'll experiment with more paint in my silicon to make different color molds!

Nice job! That's cool that you can get all the molding supplies for a good price! When you get to NY you'll get to enjoy the nice weather here (that was sarcasm. It's been raining here all week)! Everything looks wonderful! :)

Nice job! That's cool that you can get all the molding supplies for a good price! When you get to NY you'll get to enjoy the nice weather here (that was sarcasm. It's been raining here all week)! Everything looks wonderful! :)

Thank you! Yeah, the price is pretty great, but it lacks quality of nice SmoothOn stuff like rebound and draganskin. I'm gonna buy a gallon of rebound anyways for molding bigger pieces like the helmet and torso, as well as the shins and thighs so I can cast them in some fancy Flexfoam-It and latex urithain rubber. And I am in NY now, it's cloudy but no rain :D (thank god, considering I had to fly with my mom and brother who both get air sick if there's turbulence).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back