Rubies Armor - Finally coming available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Hack Hack* My God. The three types (excluding Helmet) for me, go:
Meh
*Gack*
Heart attack just waiting to happen.

Why Micro$oft, why couldn't you have endorsed us, or Briars, or Westerfields?

The armor actually doesnt look too bad for starter armor. I know a bunch of people in the 501st that have gotten those $1000 rubies darth vaders and modded them to hell and back. However, I do understand that they paid that much for it because they dont have the resources like some of our talented members do.

However, I am sure if you wait about a year you will find these on Ebay for a GREAT price, thats too good to pass up. And you can always modify them and add your own touch to them.

I gotta be honest, it doesnt look good. At all, especially in the close up pictures. The gloves, yeah they are good, but I'm thinking maybe ever rubber... I don't know it just doesn't look right, I think its probably a lot more flexible since it's for your average person to be more comfortable in (it's a haloween costume) and they've sacrificed some realism for that. I kind of figure it's a good thing though, I mean it's nice that theres a cheap accurateish suit out there, it makes the fanmade ones look way cooler imo. Attachments say it all, especially since adam's suit looks better even when it doesn't have the body suit and neck is clearly cisable.

Edit: oh and by "half vacu form" I'd think that the front is vacu formed while the back is something elasticy to stretch around your head.

I dug up more pics from prievious threads for those of you interested in this Rubies stuff:

MasterChiefinAmsterdam.jpg

P8180102.jpg

P1010056.jpg

100_0911.jpg

100_0934.jpg

100_0935.jpg

1238926516_4dbc030109.jpg

Link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/ne...0925-nasdaq.htm

I figure now that they're taking pre-orders people need to see all the available images of this armor.

I persanally like the FOREARMS! But the rest of the suite is terrible, can I get 1 in the uk? Or no...I might buy the forearms to see the quality ect..

Last edited by a moderator:
where the heck was that at? Weight watchers gamers convention? Check out Laura Croft.. Btw, that red spartan helmet the guys holding, anyone recognize it? kind of a bad view, but I'm tryng to work it out, it's not a westerfield because the visor is filled in underneath, but apart from that I have no clue.

edit: the vent things on the red spartan helmet look very unique.. I don't recognize them

volkov said:
where the heck was that at? Weight watchers gamers convention? Check out Laura Croft.. Btw, that red spartan helmet the guys holding, anyone recognize it? kind of a bad view, but I'm tryng to work it out, it's not a westerfield because the visor is filled in underneath, but apart from that I have no clue.
edit: the vent things on the red spartan helmet look very unique.. I don't recognize them
Kinda looks like a Link helmet....

I don't really like that armor. the chest looks like it needs to be bigger and the jaw is huge. the only things i really like are the gauntlets.

iamyourcousin228 said:
keegan im gettin it and repaint it is!! i cant wait for my full armor...it will be so cool to put it on!

Do you mean your getting the whole set?

yeah and not using the stupid helmet. but the $90 not the one for like $699. i would get yours instead of the $699 but since the detail on the $90 one is ok im goin for it and a new paint color.

iamyourcousin228 said:
yeah and not using the stupid helmet. but the $90 not the one for like $699. i would get yours instead of the $699 but since the detail on the $90 one is ok im goin for it and a new paint color.

Wait... what? I think the 699 is for the entire costume.. I think the 90 is for a cruddy costume that basically includes a bad quality helmet and a long sleeve tshirt designed to look like MC's armor... Correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah I looked at it, your right some of the parts are not part of the tshirt, others (like the thighs) are. I still think if you have money you'd be better to spend it elsewhere.. that costume isn't very convincing.. unless I'm looking at the wrong thing (again)

yeah it says full molded body...im goin to ask rubies then goin to make my final decision. if not every pert is molded that screw that. it would look very odd if i may say.

just try not to come out looking like my attachment, on the website I found this is the "midgrade" armor with the long sleeve t-shirt one being the cheap one, and the full armor being the top one.

TBH if that armor I posted IS the 2nd tier 99 dollar armor, I have to ask why the top quality armor is 699$. I mean surely the undersuit and the few pieces of 3d armor that the second tier doesn't have can not be worth an additional 600 bucks... Seems like they'd cost about the same, they just made one intentionally look cruddy so people would buy thier OMGZ PREMIUM ARMOR (yeah right) at a high price.

yeah i was thinkin that to....but it comes with a "deluxe" helmet and jumpsuit. mabey that has something to do with it.

Notice there is a cheap suit too, it's just a sweat shirt and sweat pants printed to look like MC armor, and it comes with a helmet. I think it's kinda funny, it's not that bad if you were gonna use it to wear around your house or a cheapo halloween costume, but if you're going to get an actual suit of armor, for the same/similar price, there are better suits than rubies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back