S1L3Nt V1P3R's Odst Wip Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarge079 said:
did u do that with designer becasue thats the only way i know how to do that and i cant print it w/o buying the full version should i do that??? :D :cool:
You could do what I did and get Pep 2 (the full version, not viewer) for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigalt424 said:
You could do what I did and get Pep 2 (the full version, not viewer) for free.

And the only thing you CAN'T do in Pep Designer 3 is to save the model. You can edit, move around stuff, smooth it, print it, whatever. You just can't save in Pep 3 without a password.

BAMP! UPDATE!

Got the Shoulder fiberglassed, sanded and painted! Now I'll go and mask some areas off to add the second color. ;)
A029.jpg

A030.jpg

SoullessSin said:
Hey I am guessing you used a gloss for your shoulder right?

The pictures were taken when the paint was wet, but it is a flat color. But later I used a different one beacuse the first one wouldn't set, and now it's glossy.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
You just can't save in Pep 3 without a password.

You cant save in pep 2 without a password either...

Anyways, that shoulder looks nice! Will be watching this thread.

Alright, we got a new hardware store in town, and it had EVERYTHING I needed for my projects. Spray cans, primers, and Bondo body filler! (Well, Biltema Spackel, but the product is the same).

So now I was able to smooth out the ODST helmet and bring me one HUGE step closer to H3:ODST's launch. ^^
Enjoy. ;)

A045.jpg

A046.jpg

Ah... This wonderful stuff is great!
A047.jpg

Apply the Body filler...
A048.jpg

A049.jpg

And Sand it down! (Look how smooth the brim is!)
A050.jpg

A051.jpg

A054.jpg

And here the shoulder is Primed, painted, and Varnished for a glossy and rock hard surface. ;)
A052.jpg

A053.jpg

I'm liking the shoulder :D
Though I wonder if it is a good idea to wear the MK VI suit when I pick up H3 ODST?

SoullessSin said:
I'm liking the shoulder :D
Though I wonder if it is a good idea to wear the MK VI suit when I pick up H3 ODST?

You should focus on making one ODST helmet for the release of H3:ODST. ;)
As for me, I'm trying to do most of the Torso and perhaps the shins and Thighs. We'll see where my money and time take me.

As for the rest of you, here are a few updates!

So the ODST Helmet has gotten a lot smoother than last time you saw it, and I'm trying to do one step at a time. As you can see, only one side of the helmet has been smoothed out, but I will do the other side as well. Once I get one side shaped to perfection, I'll use that side as reference.

peekteurz!
B000.jpg

B001.jpg

B002.jpg

B003.jpg

B004.jpg

Update!

So I've been adding more details with Bondo, and I chose to do the same approach Rube did with his ODST helmet. I cut out thin strips of copper, bent it to fit the "Ears" and secured it with Masking Tape. Mixed the Bondo, applied it, waited for it to cure and then removed the copper. I used an Xacto knife to remove excess Bondo before it fully cured. And here's the result!

B011.jpg

And I did the same thing on the other side, and the result was awesome!
B012.jpg

Some sanding, and it god a lot smoother than before!
B014.jpg

Mind sharing how you got those details soooo straight? That looks awesomely accurate. Great Job V1P3R, and I thought I'd only see weapons from you. ;)

Keegan said:
Mind sharing how you got those details soooo straight? That looks awesomely accurate. Great Job V1P3R, and I thought I'd only see weapons from you. ;)

You mean the lines? I used a ink marker pen and made the cutting lines. I put the pen in my hand, and used my fingers as spacers so the line would go equally along the edges. I used these blades to cut out the lines:
200018_X_2009-02-06_073804_579.jpg

Also, more pictures! :D
B022.jpg

B023.jpg

Now I just need a Visor... Hmm...

WOAH awesome build. Just a few spots to fill and BANG you're ready to roll ODST-style. Any ideas on how to add the vents? Keep it coming.

-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back