S1L3Nt V1P3R's Odst Wip Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two shoulder plates and the Thigh Armor have just been resined, and are hardening right now as we speak. Will provide pictures tomorrow when everything has hardened.

Keep it clean!

-Viper

Chest Plate pepped, all in one day.

Enjoy!

PS: Everything is resined at this point. Will provide more pictures as the Resin cures. Will Rondo the armor when the resin has cured.

00005-1.jpg

00001-2.jpg

00002-1.jpg

00003-1.jpg

00004-1.jpg

Wow, this is nice!

Maybe we could se some more pictures of you wearing all the pieces? :3

Oh, and what brand of glue you using? My hot glue gun glue is hardening just a little too quickly for me...

Chrissern said:
Wow, this is nice!

Maybe we could se some more pictures of you wearing all the pieces? :3

Oh, and what brand of glue you using? My hot glue gun glue is hardening just a little too quickly for me...

Yes, as soon as I get some sort of Harness design ready. ;)

And I use Casco Waterbased School glue. It works for me, and it bonds the pieces together really well. It dries fast, but not too fast so you have time to correct and align the pieces. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, I have got a lot done in these past few days. o_O

All the pieces resined, and ready to Rondo!

Oh, I just love Kirrou's shoulder plates. They are awesome. :3

00001-3.jpg

00002-2.jpg

As the first layer was starting to cure, the resin in the mixing cup didn't, so I just put two layers of resin on it, and it didn't even warp! :)

00003-2.jpg

The Thigh armor looks really good, so far!

00004-2.jpg

And here is a comparison shot of two ODST thigh armor. What happened to the other will be explained in the video I'm about to upload. Stay tuned for more.

00005-2.jpg

Your pieces are coming along very nicely. They look awesome, looking forward to watching your armor come to completion. Keep up the good work man!

Vaulter85 said:
Your pieces are coming along very nicely. They look awesome, looking forward to watching your armor come to completion. Keep up the good work man!

Thanks! ^^

Hopefully I'll get ALL the ODST armor pieces done by the release of Reach. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey oh, folks!

Okay, not really an update, I just wanted to tell you folks that I will be Fiberglassing the pieces when I get back home. I just Rondo'ed them to make the thicker, so I wont sand through the Fiberglass. And to make the sanding easier.

I'll keep you guys updated. Keep it clean!

Hey folks! I just stopped by to show you something. It's the comparison of the new and old Chest plate. Take a look!

00008-1.jpg

00009-1.jpg

00010-1.jpg

And here it is all Bondoed. I'll attach it to the shoulder straps once everything is painted.

00052.jpg

00053.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back