SBG's Halo 4 MC build.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good I was thinking of using that same idea. The mirrored film behind a vacuum formed visor. Glad you posted this.

Your welcome SI3RRA.

SavedbyGraceG12 Got one, this one is by Tested though, which can only be better because Tested is love, Tested is life!

Will do Mara. I'll have a look at the vid ASAP!

Oh boy! That visor looks Papeesheewoosh!

I think those little lines are supposed to be there, though. Maybe you could clean them up a little instead? All the references I see are showing those lines being there.

BTW, before you mask your helmet, you might want to hand paint some darker silver colors in some areas, mostly in places were it would get some wear and tear, like corners. It would add some interesting color variation and help it look more realistic, I suppose. But that's all up to you. Don't let me tell you what to do! :)

I agree, I also believe those lines should be there. Was trying to fix them up some. The cast was probably the 50th pull from the mold that hyperballistik has done. So there has been quite a bit of clean up in many areas. May have been done quicker if I had a good file/carving tool set. It's pitiful, but I pretty much used some tiny flat head screw drivers to scrap away at areas. Also, used sand paper. For the details that we are talking about, thought it would be better to just fill in them in rather than screw them up.

Yep, the holes are supposed to be there, but if you look closer, one of them has some bubble holes or imprefections.
Personally I wouldn't care, but i like armor bit beaten up and scratches and actual physical damage, but it's just me. If you go for perfect armor that hasn't seen any damage yet, then I perfectly understand why you want to make it perfect.

Yep, the holes are supposed to be there, but if you look closer, one of them has some bubble holes or imprefections.
Personally I wouldn't care, but i like armor bit beaten up and scratches and actual physical damage, but it's just me. If you go for perfect armor that hasn't seen any damage yet, then I perfectly understand why you want to make it perfect.

Well, I was trying to open them up some just wasn't looking right for me. But I don't have the right tools to get the right look, on that part of the helm. Also, I don't want a perfect look. Which I hope to achieve with the weathering through painting. I'm picky, but not that picky.

Untitled.jpg

Any Blender users out there that can help me with this. I'm bringing out the details, but I can't seem to find an option that will allow me to switch the normal map off. I wanna be able to see the mesh in its standard grey color.

SCRATCH THAT. I FIGURED IT OUT.

Last edited:
Glad ya like it, although I think it will be better to leave the smaller details out. Pepakura program can be a pain in the butt. It shows all your flaws. I think it has something to do with the topology of the model. What I mean by pain is having to export, and then importing the model back and forth. Touch up something, or a little area, then something else pops up. Well, really upon opening up a file in Pepakura the program will tell you it's deleting 2 vertices, joined 2 edges, and deleting 5 faces for data normalization. If Pepakura was an actual person, I'd pimp slap um everytime it did that! It's hard for me to see the mistakes in Pepakura because I can't zoom in close enough to see the errors. Which is why there is the constant back and forth with the export and import. Sorry, for the rant. Not much progress on the build for a tad bit now, as if lately that is. I'm sure a lot of us wish our jobs wouldn't take up so much of time. Would love to spend more time with family 2. Anyways, glad ya like bro.

Last edited:
Hey does anyone know if Obj. files work with CAD programs?
Most CAD programs accept OBJ, STL, and most other common file types.

However, most CAD software has greatly reduced performance. It just depends on the program, but Fusion 360 does pretty well with OBJ's, STLs and the like.

mblackwell1002

Thanks BlackwelI! I have some friends from church, that do work with a company. The company they work with has a CNC mill. I might be able to get a weapon milled out on the cheap.
Oooh. In that case, Fusion 360 will be your best bet. :) Fusion also has a CNC milling workspace, so that could make your life super easy. (and cheap!)
What weapon are you milling?

mblackwell1002

I don't think I'll need the fusion 360. Just need to get the file over to them, and they'll take of it. I'm thinking maybe the AR. I believe there is a good file of one in the 3d modeling section.

mblackwell1002

I don't think I'll need the fusion 360. Just need to get the file over to them, and they'll take of it. I'm thinking maybe the AR. I believe there is a good file of one in the 3d modeling section.
Yeah, there is. (my model lol) I figured you wanted the AR. Anywho, because it is my model, I can export it in any format you need to make your life easier. Including: .IGS, .SAT, .SMT, and .STP. If it makes it easier, let me know. STLs and OBJs in milling software work alright, but sometimes they can be a pain in the rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back